Mozilla Status Board

zfang@mozilla.com

Current Status - 2014-07-14

Done:

  • Light-weight Themes in customization
  • Next:

    • Finish light weight themes
    • Wrap up feature promotion plan

    Older Posts

    Member of Projects

    Team Posts

    sfranks@mozilla.com yesterday

    Bugs:

    Bug 1035587 - [UX] Design Spike: EME (In Review)

    Done:

    Next:

    • Inevitable EME Changes
    • Growth Team support
    • Moar bugs (TBP)

    rfeeley@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    • FxA marketplace integration
    • Synced tabs support

    Next:

    • Password manager exploration with Cheng Wang via saved passwords
    • FxA activity notifications
    • FxA profile information
    • FxA identity sharing service (e.g. Marketplace)

    randersen@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    met with Karen and Anthony, went over N2R. met with Yuan re: my proposed Menu reorg changes and N2R.

    Next:

    N2R, begin filing bugs for Menu reorg. Collab work on Bug 1064998, Bug 1065004

    shorlander@mozilla.com yesterday

    Bugs:

    Bug 1064524 - [UX] Design Spike: Session Management Feature (In Review)

    Done:

    Next:

    • Finish panic button spec

    wselman@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    • Finish Analysis for Directory Tiles Research Study
    • First Draft Report for Directory Tiles Research Study
    • Video clips for Directory Tiles Research Study

    Next:

    • Finish Report for Directory Tiles Research Study
    • Write presentation for Directory Tiles Research Study
    • Compile videos for Directory Tiles Research Study
    • Bug <1061755> Work with Blake and Philipp on Search testing prioritization and planning

    mverdi@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    Next:

    • Finalize refresh from web string changes and mozilla.org ux
    • Stub installer content refresh
    • Testing auto-updates with different session times and network conditions (couldn't do last week because we were throttled)

    dhenein@mozilla.com yesterday

    Bugs:

    Bug 1044994 - [UX] Loop first run tour (Not Started)
    Bug 1059851 - [UX] Design Spike - Explore a Room-based model for Firefox Hello (In Progress)

    Done:

    Next:

    • Tweak rooms proposal based on UX Team feedback

    philipp@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    • Wireframes for tracking protection switch (bug 1061709)
    • Wireframes for privacy UI (bug 1044308)
    • Create backlog proposal

    Next:

    ywang@mozilla.com 2 days ago

    Done:

    • Talked to mozilla.org and marketing about Firefox Android product page and in-product onboarding: Bug 1064538
    • Initial brainstorming with Anthony and Robin on improving web content display on Fennec
    • Walked through tablet refresh presentation(draft) for Anthony
    • Discussed N2R and addons with Robin
    • Gave UX feedback to: * Tablet refresh: Bug 1066253, Bug 1066250, Bug 1066251 * Share to Firefox: Bug 1059554 * Lightweight onboarding for FX 34: Bug 1059441 * N2R: Bug 1064998

    Next:

    • Give feedback to Bug 1065004, Bug 1058909, Bug 978306
    • Catch up on Fennec N2R
    • Finalize "Tablet refresh" presentation with Anthony
    • Milestone planning of onboarding work

    Coordination:

    • Follow up with marketing on "Get started" content development
    • Usual awesomeness with Anthony and Robin

    alam@mozilla.com 4 days ago

    Done:

    • Progress on Tablet's UI (bug 1060413)
    • Revisiting 'Sync Tabs' Panel UI (bug 1064304)
    • Firefox Search UX overview with Karen
    • N2R project planning work
    • Better browsing project ideation meeting
    • Kick off meeting with Marketing for our Android Product page
    • Providing more screenshots for our PS page

    Next:

    • Continue with Tablet's UI (bug 1060413, bug 1058909)
    • Continue Toolbar work with Lucas (bug 1052004)
    • Tablet UX overview presentation for engineering team
    • Wrap up 'Sync Tabs' Panel UI update (V1)
    • Panels UI Audit
    • Continue supporting Marketing team for the Android Product page

    Coordination:

    • Usual Mobile UX feedback loop with Robin and Yuan
    • Onboarding visuals with Yuan
    • Better browsing sync up with Robin

    bwinton@mozilla.com last week

    Bugs:

    Bug 1036908 - Log selections of searchSuggestTable in about:home. (In Review)
    Bug 1036912 - Log selections of searchSuggestTable in newtab. (In Review)
    Bug 1036914 - Log selections of awesomebar results that "are like" the url in the current search provider. (In Review)

    Done:

    • Fix test failures in the search telemetry bugs, and get them re-landed.
    • Write a snippet of jquery for Gregg.

    Next:

    • File a bug for an idea I heard about.

    athornburgh@mozilla.com last week

    Done:

    • Enhanced Tiles town hall
    • 1-click exploration for Enhanced Tiles
    • S2W UX exploration in progress (Wondersauce)

    Next:

    • Additional UI need for UP/Interest Dashboard (incomplete history, graph loading)
    • Need to file bug for UP to get an About Page developed (original filed for Tiles)
    • Update to 1-click for Dominos
    • Creating a master list of all my projects

    mmaslaney@mozilla.com last week

    Bugs:

    Bug 1052011 - [UX] Visual design for sharing permissions UI (In Progress)

    Next:

    SVG "pre-magic" work.

    ddemerson@mozilla.com last month

    Done:

    • Presentation
    • Interny stuff

    Next:

    • Theme switching for vertical tabs
    • Finishing up notification and toolbar styles for vertical tabs
    • Leaving :(

    ibarlow@mozilla.com last month

    Next:

    • UX backlogging
    • Search work with Anthony
    • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

    jboriss@mozilla.com last month

    Done:

    • Worked on Site Identity spec for implementaiton
    • Sketched wireframe variations for Project N.
    • Finished scoping and pitch document for Project N for steering committee meeting
    • Worked on Australis styling bugs
    • Added new partner booking.com to Tiles, created assets

    Next:

    • Finish Site Identity spec
    • Digitize sketched Project N wireframes
    • Add assets to Dropbox
    • Finish bugs for download panel
    • Support Eng followup bugs from last cycle

    zfang@mozilla.com 2 months ago

    Done:

  • Light-weight Themes in customization
  • Next:

    • Finish light weight themes
    • Wrap up feature promotion plan

    abc@mozilla.com 5 months ago

    Done:

    • Idea sketches/wireframes

      • Bug 762298 - Request: Bookmark organization and or sorting
      • Bug 972193 - Allow folder management in Fennec bookmarks UI
      • Bug 971922 - Lack of History Management in History 'Tab' confuse users
    • Sketches for redesign to include changing and resetting passcode

      • Bug 985637 - Protect payment information with passcode

    Next:

    • Refine designs on all misc bugs from last week
    • Tabbed browsing - Idea sketches (spilled from last week)
    • PDF.js bugs (get some feedback on bugs split & post)

    vtsatskin@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Done:

    Next:

    • User Testing

      • Refine "unresponsive script" pilot and launch
      • Start developing pilot for in-content error messages
    • Internet Connectivity and Work Offline Mode

      • Determine current status of work to get to working state
      • Define work offline fully (from feedback)
    • Metro

      • Higher fidelity prototypes from existing paper prototypes.
    • More FxOS Rocketbar User Testing analysis

    yuan@mozilla.com 8 months ago

    Done:

    [Sorry for not being here in person. Trying to get a few hours sleep before all the must-go mtgs] Worked on two HTML5 concept prototypes for Android tablet refresh sprint #1: [1]http://tinyurl.com/p953pnz [2]http://tinyurl.com/qb4y8ag Finished testing script on usertesting.com. Draft:http://goo.gl/MiJepk Prioritized and filed main UX work for Metro v2

    Next:

    Finish tablet prototype 3 for sprint #1 Launch tests on usertesting.com Celebrate the year of horse! (PTO from 01/31 till 02/03)

    Coordination:

    Metro launch kick-off mtg with PR and marketing Tablet sync up with Ian

    aganesan@mozilla.com 10 months ago

    Done:

    • Form Auto-fill: Ground research

    Next:

    • Form Auto-fill: Consolidate research findings

    Coordination:

    • PDF.js: Anthony Lam for visual design, Engineering & Product for development

    mdeboer@mozilla.com 11 months ago

    Done:

    • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
    • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
    • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
    • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
    • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    Next:

    • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
    • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
    • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library