Mozilla Status Board

sfranks@mozilla.com

Current Status - 2014-09-15

Bugs:

Bug 1035587 - [UX] Design Spike: EME (In Review)

Done:

Next:

  • Inevitable EME Changes
  • Growth Team support
  • Moar bugs (TBP)

Older Posts

Team Posts

gfritzsche@mozilla.com today

Bugs:

Bug 1036693 - Plugin Whitelist Request: Novell iPrint Client (2 plugins) (Not Started)
Bug 1051772 - plugin whitelist request: Cisco VGConnect plugin (Not Started)
Bug 1064333 - Add stable user id to telemetry ping (In Review)
Bug 1067989 - Unify some more binary search uses (In Review)

Done:

  • telemetry stable user id
  • stuff

Next:

  • bug 917918 cleanup
  • plugin whitelist bugs
  • maybe check into telemetry unification phase 2 a bit

adw@mozilla.com 3 days ago

Done:

  • done: Bug 1054951 - Breakdown: Implement unified look for autocomplete dropdowns
  • started on: Bug 1066794 - Make the search suggestions popup on about:home/about:newtab more consistent with the main search bar's popup for 33
  • feedback'ed: Bug 1058435 - ContentPrefService should record the time a permission was added/modified, and offer a way to reset those changed after a specified date
  • feedback'ed: Bug 1063530 - Use keyword purpose when using the autocomplete popup for the default search engine
  • revisited, filed new bug, re-scoped another, added all bugs to priority backlog spreadsheet for 35.2: Bug 1062345 - Breakdown: Implement "Reset Firefox" from Mozilla websites
  • investigated: Bug 1063702 - Update all Reset Firefox strings and relevant UI to reflect improved copy
  • investigated: Bug 1066707 - Intermittent browser_sanitizeDialog.js | history visit http://0-minutes-ago.com/ should no longer exist - Got true, expected false followed by many more like it
  • filed, investigated: Bug 1066787 - Investigate converting about:home/about:newtab search suggestions to use the usual search autocomplete back-end and XUL popup
  • filed, investigated: Bug 1066788 - Make the search bar's autocomplete popup/tree's styling match the spec in bug 1054951
  • filed: Bug 1065525 - Add action to UITour.jsm for determining the user's Firefox version
  • filed: Bug 1066794 - Make the search suggestions popup on about:home/about:newtab more consistent with the main search bar's popup for 33
  • discussed options for unifying search suggestions and uplifting it to 33/34
  • interns

sfranks@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1035587 - [UX] Design Spike: EME (In Review)

Done:

Next:

  • Inevitable EME Changes
  • Growth Team support
  • Moar bugs (TBP)

rfeeley@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

  • FxA marketplace integration
  • Synced tabs support

Next:

  • Password manager exploration with Cheng Wang via saved passwords
  • FxA activity notifications
  • FxA profile information
  • FxA identity sharing service (e.g. Marketplace)

randersen@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

met with Karen and Anthony, went over N2R. met with Yuan re: my proposed Menu reorg changes and N2R.

Next:

N2R, begin filing bugs for Menu reorg. Collab work on Bug 1064998, Bug 1065004

shorlander@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1064524 - [UX] Design Spike: Session Management Feature (In Review)

Done:

Next:

  • Finish panic button spec

wselman@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

  • Finish Analysis for Directory Tiles Research Study
  • First Draft Report for Directory Tiles Research Study
  • Video clips for Directory Tiles Research Study

Next:

  • Finish Report for Directory Tiles Research Study
  • Write presentation for Directory Tiles Research Study
  • Compile videos for Directory Tiles Research Study
  • Bug <1061755> Work with Blake and Philipp on Search testing prioritization and planning

mverdi@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

Next:

  • Finalize refresh from web string changes and mozilla.org ux
  • Stub installer content refresh
  • Testing auto-updates with different session times and network conditions (couldn't do last week because we were throttled)

dhenein@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1044994 - [UX] Loop first run tour (Not Started)
Bug 1059851 - [UX] Design Spike - Explore a Room-based model for Firefox Hello (In Progress)

Done:

Next:

  • Tweak rooms proposal based on UX Team feedback

philipp@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

  • Wireframes for tracking protection switch (bug 1061709)
  • Wireframes for privacy UI (bug 1044308)
  • Create backlog proposal

Next:

ywang@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Done:

  • Talked to mozilla.org and marketing about Firefox Android product page and in-product onboarding: Bug 1064538
  • Initial brainstorming with Anthony and Robin on improving web content display on Fennec
  • Walked through tablet refresh presentation(draft) for Anthony
  • Discussed N2R and addons with Robin
  • Gave UX feedback to: * Tablet refresh: Bug 1066253, Bug 1066250, Bug 1066251 * Share to Firefox: Bug 1059554 * Lightweight onboarding for FX 34: Bug 1059441 * N2R: Bug 1064998

Next:

  • Give feedback to Bug 1065004, Bug 1058909, Bug 978306
  • Catch up on Fennec N2R
  • Finalize "Tablet refresh" presentation with Anthony
  • Milestone planning of onboarding work

Coordination:

  • Follow up with marketing on "Get started" content development
  • Usual awesomeness with Anthony and Robin

alam@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Progress on Tablet's UI (bug 1060413)
  • Revisiting 'Sync Tabs' Panel UI (bug 1064304)
  • Firefox Search UX overview with Karen
  • N2R project planning work
  • Better browsing project ideation meeting
  • Kick off meeting with Marketing for our Android Product page
  • Providing more screenshots for our PS page

Next:

  • Continue with Tablet's UI (bug 1060413, bug 1058909)
  • Continue Toolbar work with Lucas (bug 1052004)
  • Tablet UX overview presentation for engineering team
  • Wrap up 'Sync Tabs' Panel UI update (V1)
  • Panels UI Audit
  • Continue supporting Marketing team for the Android Product page

Coordination:

  • Usual Mobile UX feedback loop with Robin and Yuan
  • Onboarding visuals with Yuan
  • Better browsing sync up with Robin

bmcbride@mozilla.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 951624 - Implementation: Show the action that will be triggered when pressing enter in a pre-selected dropdown entry (In Progress)
Bug 1065191 - Add test coverage for the style property of places autocomplete results (Not Started)
Bug 1065265 - Improve infrastructure dealing with moz-action: autocomplete results (In Review)
Bug 1065303 - Prepare autocomplete.xml/UnifiedComplete for adding new special result types and heuristics (In Review)

Done:

  • Reviews
    • Bug 1063115 - grey out text for mixed content and tracking protection if the corresponding type has been disabled
    • Bug 1049142 - Don't scan unpacked add-on files when the add-on is disabled
  • Bugs
    • Bug 1065265 - Improve infrastructure dealing with moz-action: autocomplete results
      • Fixed review comments and landed
      • Got backed out :\
    • Bug 1065303 - Prepare autocomplete.xml/UnifiedComplete for adding new special result types and heuristics.
      • Addressing review comments and dealing with bitrot
    • Bug 1066358 - Improve how keyword autocomplete results are displayed
      • Test all the things \o

Next:

bwinton@mozilla.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 1036908 - Log selections of searchSuggestTable in about:home. (In Review)
Bug 1036912 - Log selections of searchSuggestTable in newtab. (In Review)
Bug 1036914 - Log selections of awesomebar results that "are like" the url in the current search provider. (In Review)

Done:

  • Fix test failures in the search telemetry bugs, and get them re-landed.
  • Write a snippet of jquery for Gregg.

Next:

  • File a bug for an idea I heard about.

athornburgh@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Enhanced Tiles town hall
  • 1-click exploration for Enhanced Tiles
  • S2W UX exploration in progress (Wondersauce)

Next:

  • Additional UI need for UP/Interest Dashboard (incomplete history, graph loading)
  • Need to file bug for UP to get an About Page developed (original filed for Tiles)
  • Update to 1-click for Dominos
  • Creating a master list of all my projects

mmaslaney@mozilla.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 1052011 - [UX] Visual design for sharing permissions UI (In Progress)

Next:

SVG "pre-magic" work.

benjamin@smedbergs.us 2 weeks ago

Bugs:

Bug 791244 - Undo the pref for the temporary hangserver for beta channels until Socorro is awesome (In Review)
Bug 1053745 - Include OpenH264 plugin in FHR data (In Review)
Bug 1053746 - Add telemetry probes for OpenH264 plugin (Not Started)

Done:

Firefox work week!

  • Desktop platform team announcement; now working with rstrong and vladan and their teams!
  • Switch nightly/aurora back to the main socorro instead of the "skunky" one which was supposed to die in early 2013.
  • Add OpenH264 details into FHR

Next:

  • Hiring plan
  • Add OpenH264 details into telemetry payload
  • Project prioritizing - need to figure out short-term plan for self-support project

gps@mozilla.com 2 weeks ago

Bugs:

Bug 1042394 - Firefox self-support high-level plan (Not Started)

Done:

  • Switched managers and organizations

Next:

  • Start reporting to Laura Thomson and begin my new role as a "Developer Productivity Engineer"

gijs@mozilla.com 4 weeks ago

Done:

  • More dealing with location bar work (see deps of bug 693808)
  • Still looking at some Yosemite things. Met with mstange and mmaslaney, have plan of attack for titlebar transparency. Looking at joining in on some of the cocoa work so we can push to have this ready for the initial yosemite release or shortly afterwards, to counter our reputation of lag on implementing OS X changes
  • Reviews. So many reviews.
  • Bug 1004418 landed with some hiccups, but stuck in the end.
  • Patched bug 1048857, waiting for review
  • Investigation in bug 1021303

Next:

Coordination:

  • Waiting for reviews (bug 1048857 - paolo; bug 991757 - mconley, msucan/devtools)
  • Traveling a little today, please needinfo/email - working despite today being bank holiday (which I'll take some other day, TBD)

jwein@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Caught up with reviews and needinfos (zero reviews and needinfos)
  • Landed patch for bug 1048198

Next:

  • Working on bug 947574
  • Got review feedback for bug 1007336, which are requesting some significant changes/approaches. Need to figure out the localization approach for recommended theme licenses.

mano@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Updated the patch on bug 1040868 to include support for legacy preferences (also updated the styling and wording per UX requests).
  • Updated and landed the patch for bug 951627.
  • Reviewed the patch for bug 1002439.
  • Reviewed the patch for bug 887865.

jmoradi@mozilla.com last month

Done:

IPP experiment:

  • First meetings w/ UX, Metrics, Marketing
  • Talked to bwinton re: Telemetry

Polaris:

  • holding

Next:

IPP experiment:

  • map out all possible scenarios.
  • regroup w/ Metrics, UX, marketing
  • Write our breakdowns for experiment design

Coordination:

Polaris:

  • awaiting instructions

mhoye@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Returned from Portland Community Leadership Summit. Learned a lot about community leadershipping, met a lot of great people. Returning victorious, check.
  • Polling hardware-donation recipients for addresses, shipping costs
  • Had computer melt down on Tuesday which kind of sucked. It's is at the Apple Store now, and jlin's assistance is as invaluable as always.
  • Knocked on some doors and pestered some people to help with the Thunderbird workweek.
  • Agreed to take on UCOSP this fall
  • Usual care and feeding of planet/@startmozilla

Next:

  • Start preparing a mentoring-education session for a GrowMozilla conference, likely one that's further out.
  • Confirm what kind of participation (if any) in Tunisia
  • Understand what trips are still in play/not-in-play
  • prep for August SF trip if still on.

Coordination:

  • It would help if having a correct Bugzilla email in the phonebook was a thing.
  • Moar Diamond Bugs, plz.
  • "ideation" is not even a real word, I would like the record to note my position on this matter.

ddemerson@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Presentation
  • Interny stuff

Next:

  • Theme switching for vertical tabs
  • Finishing up notification and toolbar styles for vertical tabs
  • Leaving :(

ibarlow@mozilla.com last month

Next:

  • UX backlogging
  • Search work with Anthony
  • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

jboriss@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Worked on Site Identity spec for implementaiton
  • Sketched wireframe variations for Project N.
  • Finished scoping and pitch document for Project N for steering committee meeting
  • Worked on Australis styling bugs
  • Added new partner booking.com to Tiles, created assets

Next:

  • Finish Site Identity spec
  • Digitize sketched Project N wireframes
  • Add assets to Dropbox
  • Finish bugs for download panel
  • Support Eng followup bugs from last cycle

ttaubert@mozilla.com last month

Done:

-> Worked on:

  • bug 965697 - Intermittent browser_sessionHistory.js | url is correct - Got (...)/browser_scrollPositions_sample.html, expected about:mozilla
  • bug 1027084 - browser_819510_perwindowpb.js crashes when run locally due to about:home snippets accessing the network
  • bug 1028187 - Allow opting in to IndexedDB for about: pages optionally specifying a desired origin
  • bug 1031003 - http://acko.net/blog/how-to-fold-a-julia-fractal/ consistently crashes Nightly
  • bug 953313 - Intermittent browser_tabopen_reflows.js | unexpected uninterruptible reflow
  • bug 1029486 - "TypeError: can't access dead object" at TranslationContentHandler.jsm:91
  • bug 1032243 - about:newtab should use native Promise implementation
  • bug 1030719 - Input data are lost in the session restore twice
  • bug 993013 - this._cps2 is undefined (at browser.js:1705)
  • bug 1026398 - Add support for RSA-OAEP to WebCrypto API
  • bug 1021607 - Add support for PBKDF2 to WebCrypto API
  • bug 1026314 - Rename Key to CryptoKey in WebCrypto

-> Filed bugs: + bug 1029486 - "TypeError: can't access dead object" at TranslationContentHandler.jsm:91

-> Feedback and review:

  • bug 1027084 - browser_819510_perwindowpb.js crashes when run locally due to about:home snippets accessing the network
  • bug 1020876 - Route desktop client XHRs though the mozLoop API to share hawk implementation with MozLoopService
  • bug 1027125 - Intermittent browser_967000_button_sync.js "Non-local network connections are disabled"
  • bug 1030149 - Set identity.fxaccounts.remote.signup.uri to a dummy URL during automation runs
  • bug 1034038 - [Session Restore] Inform the user when Session Restore cannot save the session
  • bug 801598 - Extract the communication mechanisms of OMT OS.File into its own module
  • bug 1028527 - Back-Button: Cache-Control is ignored after Close Tab has been undone
  • bug 1029735 - ContentSearch sometimes leaks event listeners and their closures
  • bug 977774 - Count the number of times a user opts out of Instant Translation
  • bug 1029363 - browser_translation_fhr.js fails if it runs on its own
  • bug 1022064 - Create privileged API for launching a FxA Oauth flow
  • bug 1013064 - Enable password sync with FxA and master password
  • bug 1033362 - Implement basic mochitests for MozLoopAPI
  • bug 995092 - Enable Unified Autocomplete in Nightly
  • bug 883609 - [Session Restore] Make backups useful
  • bug 1029098 - sidebar open state not remembered
  • bug 1026782 - Implement setLoopCharPref

-> Other: + Loop/FxAccounts meeting

zfang@mozilla.com 2 months ago

Done:

  • Light-weight Themes in customization
  • Next:

    • Finish light weight themes
    • Wrap up feature promotion plan

    manishsmail@gmail.com 5 months ago

    Done:

    XHR:

    Other:

    Next:

    • Implement a basic synchronous GET request
    • Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
    • Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent

    abc@mozilla.com 6 months ago

    Done:

    • Idea sketches/wireframes

      • Bug 762298 - Request: Bookmark organization and or sorting
      • Bug 972193 - Allow folder management in Fennec bookmarks UI
      • Bug 971922 - Lack of History Management in History 'Tab' confuse users
    • Sketches for redesign to include changing and resetting passcode

      • Bug 985637 - Protect payment information with passcode

    Next:

    • Refine designs on all misc bugs from last week
    • Tabbed browsing - Idea sketches (spilled from last week)
    • PDF.js bugs (get some feedback on bugs split & post)

    vtsatskin@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Done:

    Next:

    • User Testing

      • Refine "unresponsive script" pilot and launch
      • Start developing pilot for in-content error messages
    • Internet Connectivity and Work Offline Mode

      • Determine current status of work to get to working state
      • Define work offline fully (from feedback)
    • Metro

      • Higher fidelity prototypes from existing paper prototypes.
    • More FxOS Rocketbar User Testing analysis

    smacleod@mozilla.com 8 months ago

    Done:

    • Mostly worked on the Firefox 25 Session Restored regression Bug 959130 and related bugs

    Next:

    • Bug 967028 - history.pushState() and .replaceState() don't invalidate shistory
    • Finish up work on regression
    • Fixup last few Session Store bugs on my plate
    • Start into Desktop backlog?

    mconley@mozilla.com 8 months ago

    Done:

    • Bigass holiday + work week!
    • Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
    • Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
    • Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)

    Next:

    • Put the patch for bug 930094 up for review, and file follow-ups for lightweight theme support
    • Get patch for bug 962677 into a reviewable state, reviewed and landed
    • A healthy mix of finding more ways of speeding up the customize mode transition, filing bugs for them, and fixing those bugs.

    Coordination:

    • bwinton and I are meeting with Alina Hua and (maybe) Alex Fowler to make sure the BrowserUITelemetry stuff isn't somehow violating our privacy policy.

    yuan@mozilla.com 8 months ago

    Done:

    [Sorry for not being here in person. Trying to get a few hours sleep before all the must-go mtgs] Worked on two HTML5 concept prototypes for Android tablet refresh sprint #1: [1]http://tinyurl.com/p953pnz [2]http://tinyurl.com/qb4y8ag Finished testing script on usertesting.com. Draft:http://goo.gl/MiJepk Prioritized and filed main UX work for Metro v2

    Next:

    Finish tablet prototype 3 for sprint #1 Launch tests on usertesting.com Celebrate the year of horse! (PTO from 01/31 till 02/03)

    Coordination:

    Metro launch kick-off mtg with PR and marketing Tablet sync up with Ian

    felipc@gmail.com 10 months ago

    Done:

    Work from last week:

    • Bug 897061 - Form autocomplete: posting patch to request review from Mark today
    • Bug 941099, + bug 934155 and bug 935974: Noticed this problem when downloading a zip file, and first thought it was just a user error. But after investigating it more and other similar bugs we found out the issue and fixed it in time for beta.
    • Finished blog post about mochitests, waiting past thanksgiving to publish it
    • Filed some Australis bugs

    Reviews:

    • Bug 941046 - Add test to ensure Fitts Law works on the Back button on Windows
    • Bug 941469 - RemoteWebProgress doesn't pass |flags| param for onLocationChange
    • Bug 921011 - SocialAPI chat windows should implement nsIBrowserDOMWindow
    • Bug 600500 - About Dialog should check for updates automatically, but not install them if the pref "Ask me what I want to do" is set
    • Bug 941322
    • Bug 935640 - Fix UX for sidebar selection
    • Bug 937377 - [e10s] Selecting an item in a select does not trigger onChange

    aganesan@mozilla.com 10 months ago

    Done:

    • Form Auto-fill: Ground research

    Next:

    • Form Auto-fill: Consolidate research findings

    Coordination:

    • PDF.js: Anthony Lam for visual design, Engineering & Product for development

    pamadini@mozilla.com 10 months ago

    Done:

    • Downloads: Compatibility of the API modules with B2G (see bug 926955)
    • Logins: Rework DeferredTask to allow asynchronous tasks (bug 940408)

    Next:

    • Logins: Remove main-thread I/O (bug 853549)
    • Promises: Investigate using DOM promises instead of "Promise.jsm"
    • Downloads: API extensibility (bug 899013), decommissioning (bug 851471)

    mhammond@mozilla.com 10 months ago

    Done:

    testing, testing, 1..2..3..

    • Work on e10s test infrastructure
    • Work on Sync.Next tests

    Next:

    testing, testing, 4..5..6..

    mdeboer@mozilla.com 11 months ago

    Done:

    • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
    • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
    • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
    • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
    • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    Next:

    • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
    • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
    • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    enndeakin@gmail.com last year

    Done:

    908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in

    Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.

    scaraveo@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • worked out new approach for patches in case remote frameworker doesnt land
    • small stuff landed, still working towards finishing out bug 889427
    • partner meetings

    Next:

    • possible slight changes to ux for socialmarks button

    fgomes@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Done:

    • bug 851466 - Import downloads.sqlite to downloads.json
      • Started working in this bug, posted a wip v1 and worked through the feedback for a v2
    • Various reviews and feedback and working with e10s folks
    • bug 516753 - Refactor context area menu for e10s
    • bug 899222 - About:home for e10s
    • bug 897062 - Middle click support for e10s
    • bug 896748 - Notification request box
    • bug 902695 - Implement openURIInFrame
    • bug 895957 - goDoCommand
    • bug 903184 - Disable more FullZoom code
    • bug 786407 - Fix UninstallString for webapps installer
    • bug 902048 - Use getOuterWindowWithId in webappsui.jsm
    • bug 901757 - Create file with correct permissions in webapps installer

    mak@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Landed on UX Bug 855805 - Create the Bookmarks widget with subview
    • Experimental patch in Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results.
    • Gone through Downloads Panel feature recent feedback
    • Review Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
    • Review Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
    • Feedback Bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
    • Review Bug 874814 - (OMTConnectionClose) [Storage] Implement OMT AsyncClose()
    • Feedback Bug 891303 - Async-friendly transaction manager for Places
    • Review Bug 895839 - Remove support for binary annotations
    • Feedback Bug 895907 - Aero selection styling bottom border is too much bright
    • Review Bug 896193 - Adopt Promises in mozIAsyncLivemarks

    Next:

    • Handle Reviews/Feedback backlog
    • Fix tests for Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results

    jaws@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Landed on UX:

    • Bug 895724 - Remove reload-button and stop-button from browser.xul since they are not needed anymore
    • Bug 895778 - Optimize code path of CustomizableUIInternal.registerToolbar

    Up for review:

    • Bug 896291 - "Close other tabs" should show the confirmation dialog if the number of tabs is greater than browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
    • Bug 896157 - Optimize the CustomizableUIInternal.setLocationAttributes function

    Build a focused profiler for CustomizableUI and shared it with mconley so we can measure perf changes between optimizations. Will blog about it.

    Next:

    • Contact someone from the layout team about a dirty nsIReflowObserver
    • Need to start reaching out to other people to see what possible ideas they may have for fixing perf of WinXP tpaint.

    dolske@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Another round of Australis prioritization triage
    • wontfix'd bug 893065 and bug 893013
    • Met with rel-mgmt, support, QA to talk about Australis compat impact with addons
    • Updated patch for bug 355063
    • Lots of other Australis stuff

    gavin@gavinsharp.com last year

    Done:

    Next:

    • Blog post about work week
    • finalize Q3 goals

    tabraldes@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Implemented review comments for bug 795832 - synthesized input events
    • Thought of and implemented a way to avoid SetCursorPos in bug 795832
    • Attempted to get on-screen keyboard to appear by synthesizing click in URL bar
      • That didn't work, so tested manually clicking in URL bar
      • Filed bug 809629 about clicking in URL bar not showing soft keyboard - turns out this is expected behavior
    • Submitted, backed out, fixed, resubmitted patch for bug 795832
    • Switched to building locally with VS2010, switched to building release builds
    • Debugged remaining issue with metro chrome tests; browser hangs while unloading a DLL during shutdown, but log is written
    • Implementing chrome tests
      • Updated browser_context_ui.js to test right-click interaction with context UI

    Next:

    • More tests! I'll be going through browser/metro/base/tests/fennectests and porting them to metro

    ejpbruel@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Finished the direct proxy class refactor
    • Created an implementation plan for implementing Harmony modules
    • Found some dead code whilst writing a patch for bug 767059
    • Filed a patch for bug 703537
    • Filed a patch for bug 720619
    • Filed a patch for bug 771907
    • Filed a patch for bug 771908
    • Tried (and failed) to reproduce compiler error for bug 722555 locally

    Next:

    jmathies@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • command execute handler prep for review
    • finished up xul fennec code base move. This is as far as I can get things until we work out the mixed platform/app resources problem.
    • fixed pymake/make issues with reg scripts.
    • fixed a bug with the dummy vccor dll that showed up with our builders.
    • upgrading local systems to new win8 release / VS tool set.

    Next:

    • migrating metro code base to RC VC11
    • work with bbondy on any xaml interop removal fallout
    • hopefully finish up /browser integration near the end of the week, get elm zip installs functional.

    dtownsend@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Submitted pdf.js packaging work for review (bug 740795)
    • Patched a problem on OSX with FAT filesystem profiles (bug 733436)
    • Patched a problem with restartless add-ons when moving profiles between machines (bug 744833)
    • Added some quoting for the extensions crash report annotation (bug 753900)
    • Thoughts on shipping the SDK in Firefox and problems with supporting other apps: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/SDK-in-Firefox

    ddahl@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Work Week last week for Identity derailed some development

    Made some progress on bug 673432 "Mobile implementation crypto.getRandomValues" - this bug also governs re-adding a crypto object to window on mobile platforms

    Worked on bug 734076 - I have a working patch, there are some unanswered questions yet

    Next:

    More of the same

    myk@mozilla.org

    Done:

    Next:

    • dig into Apps front-end and platform requirements

    Coordination:

    • in MV Wednesday

    margaret.leibovic@gmail.com

    Done:

    • Site settings menuitem (bug 706876)
    • Click-to-play plugins follow-ups

    Next:

    • Form autocomplete follow-ups (dependencies set on bug 695444)
    • Random bug fixing

    Coordination:

    • PTO next week. Back January 4.

    me@shawnwilsher.com

    Done:

    • Reviewed bug 699051 - Track slow sql queries on main thread + send them in via telemetry
    • Reviewed bug 465299 - mozStorageStatementWrapper::Initialize should check statement state/validity
    • Reviewed bug 702815 - Maintain a list of open SQLite connections
    • Reviewed bug 703143 - Use a memory multi-reporter for SQLite's per-connection reporting
    • Reviewed bug 557047 - Replace mailnews specific ifdef (MOZ_MAIL_NEWS) in cookie code with tests for a protocol flag

    honzab.moz@firemni.cz

    Done:

    (Extremely busy week, so not much done)

    review bug 534764 review bug 623948 analyzes bug 637657 bug 637361 bug 638179 bug 638218

    Next:

    continue reviewing new http pipelining stuff from Patrick McManus start playing with bug 370886

    michal.novotny@gmail.com

    Done:

    • bug 604897 - Unable to cache small entries when CACHE00[1-3]_ is full
    • bug 599127 - Wyciwyg channel write's end up doing synchronous disk IO
    • bug 592422 - preallocate individual (non-block) cache files
    • bug 597224 - HTTP Cache: use directory tree to store cache files

    Next:

    • bug 614513 - Crash in nsCacheService::DeactivateEntry during Linux Talos ts_cold

    bherland@mozilla.com

    Done:

    bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

    bug #589296 (Crash in [@ nsHttpChannel::ContinueProcessResponse): lots of analysis and thinking

    bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): patch submitted and reviewed

    Next:

    bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

    bug #536295 (e10s HTTP: offline application cache) : review

    bug #575928 ("http-on-modify-request" doesn't work on "CONNECT" method): review

    bug #551447 (Avoid async writes to memory-cache) : fix

    bug #572557 (nsDiskCacheEvictor::VisitRecord() dooms used entries unnecessary) : fix

    Coordination:

    bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): waiting for approval

    bug #548406 (xpcshell-test causing leak in nsMemoryCache) : needs review (michal)

    bparr.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    • Mainly worked on Bug 551274 - Update nsAddonRepository for API version 1.5:
      • Adds functionality needed for my current project
      • Adds a bunch of missing tests for AddonRepository.jsm
    • Landed Bug 558287 - Add support for searching add-ons on AMO via the addon manager's search bar
    • Fixed small bugs:
      • Bug 580379 - Move and improve CSS introduced in Bug 558287
      • Bug 578467 - xpinstall.whitelist.add prefs are not emptied when converted into permissions on startup with new profile

    Next:

    • Continue work on current project:
      • Begin showing new information from AMO in detailed and list view (temporarily storing information)
      • Begin work on back-end storage of new AMO data
    • Look into my other beta 4 and beta N blockers

    mnandigama.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.

    Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.

    Next:

    May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.

    Coordination:

    Working on winding down and hand-off of the tools/scripts I develop/maintain to A-Team.

    kdangoor@mozilla.com

    Done:

    Can now build Bespin Embedded releases

    Next:

    Slim down the Bespin Embedded build (currently more than 600K compressed, but not gzipped). More docs Work on CommonJS presentation for JSConf.eu (I'll be giving the presentation at a2div this week.)