Mozilla Status Board

philipp@mozilla.com

Current Status - 2015-08-31

Done:

  • Met with cpeterson, bsmedberg and javaun about Flash
  • Met with wmaggs and ibicking about push notifications
  • Met with bwinton and madhava about WebExtensions

Next:

  • Push notifications
  • Finally get a spec for WMF errors done

Older Posts

Member of Projects

Team Posts

sfranks@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Web Sharing Spec Updates
  • Visual Refresh Reviews
  • Direct Calls Error Screen
  • First-Run Slide Show Tour
  • Bug 1193666 - Context Tile/Room Name surround colour needs changing
  • Bug 1184933 - Implement the refreshed design for the failure view
  • Bug 1194622 - Provide indication of loading when waiting for the room list
  • Bug 1198421 - "Welcome to ..." needs a bottom border on the standalone UI
  • Bug 1183642 - Implement a context menu attached to a conversation/ room entry
  • Filed: Bug 1198888 - When starting on tab or window sharing, add notification to chat
  • Filed: Bug 1198891 - Tab/Window Sharing icon should turn blue when sharing is active
  • Bug 1172662 - ICE failures should be reported to the user
  • Bug 1198958 - Add a "are you sure you want to end this call" prompt if you try to navigate away from the link clicker

rfeeley@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Deployed login manager’s "SHOW password" usertesting with Bill & Gemma's help
  • Resolved some login manager conflicts with control center (manual fill)
  • Filed/updated many login mgr, sync and FxA related bugs
  • Defined FxA UI experiments

Next:

  • Review and report back on login mgr usability testing
  • Resolved remaining login manager conflicts with control center

jgruen@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

Next:

  • idea town governance
  • idea town pipeline
  • idea town user stories
  • idea town feedback flow
  • more brownbag prep

agrigas@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • worked with Bryan to finalize control center v2 work for eng review: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1190506
  • ran user study on existing behavior of permissions notifications with Bill's help
  • Next:

  • refining control center 2 work with Bryan - aim to finalize deliverables by end of 43 release. Current work in progress is here: https://mozilla.invisionapp.com/share/PC3Y0QSRK#/screens/96832047
  • documenting control center work to get it ready for copy review
  • jchhikara@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    • Intern Presentation
    • Context Search
      • Report on the recent user study.

    Next:

    • Context Search
      • Finish report.
    • USSS:
      • Screen shot.
    • Download study:
      • Script review and changes according to the review.

    mjaritz@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    • meetings and concepts on AMO submission process
    • PTO

    Next:

    • define structure of AMO submission process
    • wireframe AMO submission process
    • review 4th pilot for user research on naming/perception of add-ons
    • plan add-on discovery next steps

    gpetrie@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    Next:

    • Android: Drafting card sort research.
    • Private Browsing Mode: Study begins Wednesday.
    • Nick/UR: Meeting to review past research and begin planning.

    Coordination:

    • Android: Optimal Sort vendor approval is still blocked. In the process of scheduling a call with my Optimal Sort contact to discuss the paperwork Mozilla wants them to agree to. Bug: 1194715.

    mmaslaney@mozilla.com yesterday

    Next:

    • Style Guide Framework: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1phyOfNHa1xInIE6G681elnmYmO8m61seDgJJqq_MnIg/edit?usp=sharing

    • Hello Design Bugs

    • Spending a few weeks with the VR Team as a Firefox embed, defining the building blocks and standards for VR on the web. Mood Boarding Art Direction of VR Web Elements: https://www.pinterest.com/mmaslaney/vr-art-direction/

    alam@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    • Bug 1170725: Click-to-play images
    • Bug 1189719: Display search history in Awesomescreen
    • Priv/Sec coordination for Mobile
    • Mocks for TV integration, Hello, and First run A/B testing

    Next:

    • Blog post about Quick Search on Mobile
    • Bug 1086952: Related Awesomescreen improvements
    • Coordination for TV, Hello, and First run

    shorlander@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    • Meetings
    • Reviews
    • Windows 10 design work

    Next:

    • More Windows 10 Stuff
    • More Reviews

    bbell@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    Control Center Revisit: https://invis.io/PC3Y0QSRK

    Next:

    • Ship Control Center UI
    • Continue working on Idea Town.

    wselman@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    • Windows 10 Study: Presentation to the team
    • Private Browsing Mode: Writing study cues, interview guide, choose participants
    • Firefox UX heuristics quantitative review
    • Helped rewrite two small UT studies
    • Met with Nick concerning workflow-focused research

    Next:

    • Private Browsing Mode: Study starts Wednesday
    • Meeting with Nick to review recent UR work
    • Job description for new UR req
    • Begin planning for workflow-focused research

    mverdi@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    • More first run work - migrator, default prompt, customization - Invision mockup: https://invis.io/654151L3B
    • More followup on full screen - game and VR permissions
      • We’re going to hold off on gamepad shortcuts for exiting full screen for now as larger discussion of a whole games UI is starting.

    Next:

    • Continue first run, migrator, default, customization work.
    • Looking into improving account CTA and connection to actually using multiple devices.

    philipp@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    • Met with cpeterson, bsmedberg and javaun about Flash
    • Met with wmaggs and ibicking about push notifications
    • Met with bwinton and madhava about WebExtensions

    Next:

    • Push notifications
    • Finally get a spec for WMF errors done

    bwinton@mozilla.com yesterday

    Done:

    WebExtensions:

    Other:

    • Ask for an intern for next year.
    • Book my flight to (and from) Orlando!
    • Talk with antlam about SVG.
    • File bug 1198558.

    Next:

    WebExtensions:

    • Continue porting Whimsy to WebExtensions.
    • File more bugs, as I run into things.
    • Write a blog post about making a WebExtension.

    Coordination:

    Ongoing chats with Markus and Michael about the state of WebExtensions will be helpful in figuring out what needs to be done.

    bram@mozilla.com 2 days ago

    Done:

    • FxA Payments
      • Subscription cancellation via URL that expires with time
    • PageShot
      • Update tutorial animation
      • Analyse test pilot result
      • Propose chance to test plan
    • Containers
  • Other Projects
  • Next:

    • FxA Payments
      • Continue UX support for MoFo pitch (donate.mozilla.org)
    • PageShot
      • Design ‘first look’ page
      • Design icon for ‘Copy’ button
      • Tweak test plan
      • Possibly launch full-scale user test
    • Containers
      • Possibly work on Containerised Private Browsing
      • Possibly work on about:containers (create, add, delete)
    • Other Projects
      • Make notes about diversity and inclusion at Mozilla, then talk 1:1 with Larissa Shapiro
      • Windows 10 Family Safety
        • Help resolve this problem: “it seems like training users to install a cert to make things work creates phishing risk”
      • Captive Portal
        • Design warning page, just in case detection support in Necko can’t land in time
      • Firefox Games
        • Possibly talk to Josh Carpenter about WebVR and web games

    dhenein@mozilla.com 3 weeks ago

    Done:

    • iOS onboarding adjustments
    • some progress on RL/Pocket discussion
    • fixed some spacing issues with URL bar
    • a bunch of meetings with Kar/Barbara re: Q3/4 product planning

    Next:

    • more iOS polish
    • starting to plan for fall UX work week
    • kickoff flow design for Pocket with Robin
    • assist marketing/releng for upcoming iOS release (screenshots, etc)

    madhava@mozilla.com last month

    Done:

    • PLR
    • HRy stuff - review process, staffing
    • Starting to dig into add-ons

    Next:

    • More digging into add-ons in earnest
    • Some hello review
    • Some search coordination

    hhabstritt@mozilla.com 2 months ago

    Done:

    • Met with Aislinn regarding Tracking Protection tour (awaiting feedback from MattN on scope)
    • Reviewed/discussed Win10 brief with PMMs
    • Worked with Zurb (contractors) on test plan for Mozilla.org content
    • Met with Dolske regarding Hello tour updates
    • Wrapped up Q2 goals

    Next:

    • Work on Hello onboarding updates for 42. Will most likely need to turn off current flow and use static page for 40, but hopefully have time/resources to update onboarding to accommodate new designs for 42.
    • Continue to work with Aislinn as needed on Tracking Protection tour as it takes advantage of UITour API / web+chrome collaboration.
    • Continue to work with contractors Zurb on redesign of various Mozilla.org web pages.
    • Write draft of Q3 goals
    • Win10 deliverables for Fx40 (still undefined, but hope to understand asks for this by mid-week)

    Coordination:

    • Uncertain on how Hello onboarding updates will be prioritized among other engineering work for 42. Reached out to Dave Camp. Who is prioritizing engineering work for Hello? Are new designs still on track for Fx40?
    • Is there a public draft of Q3 goals from the Firefox engineering and UX teams? This would help my team to plan ahead to support them by drafting similar goals.

    athornburgh@mozilla.com 3 months ago

    Done:

    • Updates to Tile URL and label UI
    • Exploration for New Tab on Firefox 43 - Feeds & Groups
    • Suggested History and Directory Tile mock-ups for Lending Club

    Next:

    • Create presentation for Feeds & Groups on New Tab
    • More mocks for partners
    • Translations for Inforgraphic

    lconnolly@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Done:

    • Icon for toggling Recommendations Tab
    • Splice 1.1: UI + Distribution Scheduling

    Next:

    • Splice 1.2: Creative entities + targeting (geo/locale/channel) [replace asset tracking sheets]

    ywang@mozilla.com 11 months ago

    Done:

    • Blog post for tablet refresh
    • Schedule meetings for people to sync up
    • Logistics for departure

    Next:

    • Last week logistics
    • Publish the blog post once Anthony is back
    • Connect people together and hand off my design work to Robin and Anthony

    ddemerson@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Presentation
    • Interny stuff

    Next:

    • Theme switching for vertical tabs
    • Finishing up notification and toolbar styles for vertical tabs
    • Leaving :(

    ibarlow@mozilla.com last year

    Next:

    • UX backlogging
    • Search work with Anthony
    • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

    jboriss@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Worked on Site Identity spec for implementaiton
    • Sketched wireframe variations for Project N.
    • Finished scoping and pitch document for Project N for steering committee meeting
    • Worked on Australis styling bugs
    • Added new partner booking.com to Tiles, created assets

    Next:

    • Finish Site Identity spec
    • Digitize sketched Project N wireframes
    • Add assets to Dropbox
    • Finish bugs for download panel
    • Support Eng followup bugs from last cycle

    zfang@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

  • Light-weight Themes in customization
  • Next:

    • Finish light weight themes
    • Wrap up feature promotion plan

    abc@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Idea sketches/wireframes

      • Bug 762298 - Request: Bookmark organization and or sorting
      • Bug 972193 - Allow folder management in Fennec bookmarks UI
      • Bug 971922 - Lack of History Management in History 'Tab' confuse users
    • Sketches for redesign to include changing and resetting passcode

      • Bug 985637 - Protect payment information with passcode

    Next:

    • Refine designs on all misc bugs from last week
    • Tabbed browsing - Idea sketches (spilled from last week)
    • PDF.js bugs (get some feedback on bugs split & post)

    vtsatskin@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Next:

    • User Testing

      • Refine "unresponsive script" pilot and launch
      • Start developing pilot for in-content error messages
    • Internet Connectivity and Work Offline Mode

      • Determine current status of work to get to working state
      • Define work offline fully (from feedback)
    • Metro

      • Higher fidelity prototypes from existing paper prototypes.
    • More FxOS Rocketbar User Testing analysis

    yuan@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    [Sorry for not being here in person. Trying to get a few hours sleep before all the must-go mtgs] Worked on two HTML5 concept prototypes for Android tablet refresh sprint #1: [1]http://tinyurl.com/p953pnz [2]http://tinyurl.com/qb4y8ag Finished testing script on usertesting.com. Draft:http://goo.gl/MiJepk Prioritized and filed main UX work for Metro v2

    Next:

    Finish tablet prototype 3 for sprint #1 Launch tests on usertesting.com Celebrate the year of horse! (PTO from 01/31 till 02/03)

    Coordination:

    Metro launch kick-off mtg with PR and marketing Tablet sync up with Ian

    aganesan@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Form Auto-fill: Ground research

    Next:

    • Form Auto-fill: Consolidate research findings

    Coordination:

    • PDF.js: Anthony Lam for visual design, Engineering & Product for development

    mdeboer@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
    • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
    • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
    • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
    • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    Next:

    • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
    • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
    • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library