pamadini@mozilla.com

Current Status - Posted on 2013-11-19

Done:

  • Downloads: Compatibility of the API modules with B2G (see bug 926955)
  • Logins: Rework DeferredTask to allow asynchronous tasks (bug 940408)

Next:

  • Logins: Remove main-thread I/O (bug 853549)
  • Promises: Investigate using DOM promises instead of "Promise.jsm"
  • Downloads: API extensibility (bug 899013), decommissioning (bug 851471)

Older Posts

Member of Projects

Team Posts

sfranks@mozilla.com

Done:

(Yest)

benjamin@smedbergs.us

Done:

  • reviews back under control - a bunch of mac signing v2 bugs and some other stuff
  • initial followup about FHR UTF8 errors and monitoring
  • Drafted Desktop Platform team responsibility sheet
  • landed telex bugs

Next:

  • re-investigate telex shutdown hang reports, now that we have longer logs
  • Figure out who is in charge of next year's internship program and opportunities
  • Write talk for local college workshop about open-source software
  • Friday is meeting-day now. How did that happen?
  • Document telemetry-experiment deployment process from a couple emails I've sent about it.

gps@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Mercurial server fire drill
    • Wrote an extension to log Mercurial server foo and give people metrics for server load
    • Spent a lot of time in #vcs giving technical guidance to investigate excessive server load
    • Made the recommendation to reset Try, leading to the problem going away and normalcy returning
    • Talked with Taras a handful of times about improving Try
    • Contributed a patch to Mercurial 3.2 to enable prototyping on bundle-based Try
  • Stood up mozmoderator on PaaS for Mercurial feedback (https://hgfeedback.paas.allizom.org/e/august-2014-summit)
  • Continuous integration for version control foo (https://ci.mozilla.org/job/version-control-tools/)
    • Required fixing a bug in Mercurial (and applying workaround to reviewboard extension) to make tests pass on Linux
  • Firefox Self Support planning
  • Firefox Update Hotfix follow-up
    • Asked Brendan Colloran to investigate some interesting data
    • Talked with rstrong about things
    • Worked on updates to hotfix with intent of publishing a v2
  • Review: Bug 1047267 - Add a memoize decorator to the mozbuild module. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1047267 - Allow to reference libraries from third-party build systems in USE_LIBS. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1047267 - Remove the trigger hacks added in bug 1043344. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1038991 - DevTools security cert generator. r=dkeeler, r=past, r=gps
  • Landing: Bug 1045421 - Remove date time bomb from test_crash_manager.js, add logging. r=gfritzsche, a=test-only
  • Review: Bug 1049257 - Fix typo in CrashManager.addCrash() in order to update the crash date of existing items. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 994708 - Part 3: Record submission event for content crashes. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1048989 - Fix 'useless expression' warnings with MERGED_COMPONENT. r=gps
  • Landing: Bug 1043144 - Don't write machc bytecode file; r=mshal
  • Review: Bug 1009765 - Add GMP plugin crashes to FHR crash reporting (part 2: FHR, toolkit/components/crashes). r=gps
  • Landing: Backout changeset b07c3d5ec540 (bug 1045415) because it breaks local builds; a=backout
  • Review: bug 1049106 - always build gmp-fake. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1047621 - Have link.py call expandlibs_exec.py; r=gps
  • Landing: Bug 1052526 - Treat appending None to List as empty list; r=glandium
  • Review: Bug 1053069 - Make mozbuild.util.ReadOnlyDefaultDict raise an exception on update() and del. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1053070 - Output a nicer error when reassigning a variable in moz.build. r=gps
  • Landing: Bug 1053315 - Catch more errors during upload; r=bsmedberg
  • Review: bug 1052454 - fix error messages from unify script. r=gps
  • Review: bug 1050922 - Add an update method to FlagsFactory.Flags. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1053611 - Remove some unnecessary moz.build files under intl/uconv; r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1053080 - Improve mozbuild.util.memoize and add memoized_property. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1053085 part 1 - Rely on the config environment for TOPSRCDIR and TOPOBJDIR within frontend code. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1053085 part 2 - Move config environment fiddling out of MozbuildSandbox initialization. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1053097 - Delay the gathering of python dependencies for the build backend. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1053140 part 1 - Add a default_dict-like container, with a default_factory taking the key as argument. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1053140 part 2 - Add a test for exported variable override. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1053140 part 3 - Separate out sandbox infrastructure from moz.build variables storage. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1047621 - Move link.py to config for importing expandlibs_exec; r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1047621 - Have link.py import and call expandlibs_exec.py; r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1053836 - Fix subclassing of prefix loggers by only overriding the log() method, not all the other methods. This fixes this resolution in the Experiment log override, r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1054476 - use PREF_JS_EXPORTS in services/ Makefiles; r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1054476 - move INSTALL_TARGETS in services/ Makefiles to EXTRA_{PP_,}JS_MODULES; r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1045617 - move services's run_server.py Makefile rules into mach; r=gps
  • Landing: Bug 1055102 - Properly handle Unicode in Bagheera payloads; r=bsmedberg

Next:

  • Have self support feature finalized and bug tree filed and points assigned
  • Finish up planned incremental update hotfix work (deploy likely delayed until after 32 launch)
  • Prepare for Mercurial meeting next weekend
  • Continue giving technical support to reinvented try server solution. Try to avoid getting roped in too tightly.

Coordination:

  • PTO Aug 22
  • In Munich Aug 27 - Sep 1 for Mercurial sprint

gijs@mozilla.com

Done:

PTO!

Next:

Coordination:

Bug 991757 is waiting for review some more.

gfritzsche@mozilla.com

Done:

Next:

adw@mozilla.com

Done:

  • investigated, can't reproduce on recent versions: Bug 1036187 - Investigation: Reset Notification bar is not shown after 60 days of inactivity
  • investigated: Bug 1054931 - Ctrl-K focuses an invisible search bar in about:newtab in "blank" mode
  • investigated, filed: Bug 1053473 - Add GMP crash submissions to the crash manager with the proper type
  • filed as follow-up to GMP crash-reporting bug 1009765: Bug 1052141 - Add a test that makes sure crashed GMP plugins are reported to the crash service
  • filed: Bug 1054493 - [e10s] Make docshell charset/character set telemetry work
  • emailed fhr-dev@mozilla.org about GMP crash-reporting bug 1009765
  • reviewed: Bug 1049786 - Intermittent browser_bug295977_autoscroll_overflow.js | Window for m should have scrolled vertically
  • reviewed: Bug 1041678 - CTRL/Command K should goto search bar in new tab if open, rather than opening about:home
  • reviewed: Bug 999293 - [e10s] Make charset menu work
  • reviewed: Bug 999293 - [e10s] Make charset menu work
  • reviewed: Bug 1042214 - Send detailed view ping of shown tiles
  • reviewed: Bug 1053937 - Visiting localhost prevents later tiles from being shown
  • reviewed: Bug 1044602 - about:newtab tiles look different than anything else in the browser
  • reviewed: Bug 1048148 - Reduce rounded corners and glow on tiles
  • reviewed: Bug 1048137 - Page title color is poor contrast in New Tab Page
  • reviewed: Bug 1045769 - Adjust new tab whitespace: whitespace sizing, positioning of undo box
  • reviewed: Bug 1054411 - cache2 automation: browser_keywordSearch.js tries to connect to google.com with cache2 enabled
  • reviewed: Bug 1050340
  • reviewed: Bug 1054600 - Refactor AboutHomeListener & browser.js document URI checks (followup from bug 1041678)
  • reviewed: Bug 1054776 - Ctrl+K should focus the search bar if it is in the toolbar
  • reviewed: Bug 1042876 - Update newtab endpoints to new v2/links
  • reviewed: Bug 1055261 - Reduce new tab performance impact by only attempting to show 5 columns (from 8)
  • reviewed: Bug 1045751 - Shrink tile (pin/block/gear) button sizes by a little bit
  • investigated, needinfo'ed: Bug 1036028 - Intermittent mochitest "FATAL ERROR: Non-local network connections are disabled and a connection attempt to snippets.mozilla.com (63.245.217.48) was made." during test_bug_461710_perwindowpb.html [@ nsSocketTransport::InitiateSocket()]
  • needinfo'ed: Bug 1009765 - Add GMP plugin crashes to FHR crash reporting
  • comments: Bug 1039881 - use an empty directory tiles data source pref for beta 32
  • got our new intern Tomasz started, intern stuff in general
  • estimated points for backlog bugs
  • attended desktop growth town hall and monica's and georgios's tracking protection presentation

alam@mozilla.com

Done:

Next:

  • Surfacing Add-ons project kickoff
  • Firefox on Tablets work
  • Continue with visual polish around home panels (bug 1052933, others)
  • Continue with "progress/ loading bar" work
  • Firefox Search standing bugs

Coordination:

  • Yuan, Robin: Tablets, Add-ons
  • Kar: Firefox Search, Roku
  • Bugzilla: general follow up

randersen@mozilla.com

Done:

Settings navigation hierarchy update. Bug 965377

Next:

Continue to work on overflow menu navigation hierarchy (Page, Tools, Add-ons, etc).

Take a look at Private Browsing, possible UI/copy updates.

Coordination:

Set up meeting with Karen to go over any other potential projects.

Surfacing Add-ons kick off (Tuesday).

Android sync-up with Anthony and Yuan.

shorlander@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Started initial work for Dev Tools branch

Next:

  • More work for Dev Tools branch

mmaslaney@mozilla.com

Done:

Bug 1047354 - [UX] Unified design for autocomplete/suggest dropdowns

Next:

Bug 1020372 - [UX] Visual design for Tab center

Coordination:

Working with Engineering on the Yosemite update.

bmcbride@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Helped figure out strategy for bug 1049142 and related issues
  • Discussed bug 624602 with Jared/Gavin - removing it as a blocker
  • Bug 951624 - Working on review comments, which included a bit of refactoring

Next:

  • Review queue suddenly exploded again
  • Catch up on status of tracking protection (to give more context to reviews)
  • Bug 951624 - finish remaining review comments

jwein@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Caught up with reviews and needinfos (zero reviews and needinfos)
  • Landed patch for bug 1048198

Next:

  • Working on bug 947574
  • Got review feedback for bug 1007336, which are requesting some significant changes/approaches. Need to figure out the localization approach for recommended theme licenses.

mano@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Updated the patch on bug 1040868 to include support for legacy preferences (also updated the styling and wording per UX requests).
  • Updated and landed the patch for bug 951627.
  • Reviewed the patch for bug 1002439.
  • Reviewed the patch for bug 887865.

jmoradi@mozilla.com

Done:

IPP experiment:

  • First meetings w/ UX, Metrics, Marketing
  • Talked to bwinton re: Telemetry

Polaris:

  • holding

Next:

IPP experiment:

  • map out all possible scenarios.
  • regroup w/ Metrics, UX, marketing
  • Write our breakdowns for experiment design

Coordination:

Polaris:

  • awaiting instructions

manishearth@gmail.com

Done:

  • Bunch of reviews
  • Trying out various Travis changes including build parallelization

Next:

  • Back to Fetch
  • Wpt?

Coordination:

Laptop down, using temporary ones.

mhoye@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Returned from Portland Community Leadership Summit. Learned a lot about community leadershipping, met a lot of great people. Returning victorious, check.
  • Polling hardware-donation recipients for addresses, shipping costs
  • Had computer melt down on Tuesday which kind of sucked. It's is at the Apple Store now, and jlin's assistance is as invaluable as always.
  • Knocked on some doors and pestered some people to help with the Thunderbird workweek.
  • Agreed to take on UCOSP this fall
  • Usual care and feeding of planet/@startmozilla

Next:

  • Start preparing a mentoring-education session for a GrowMozilla conference, likely one that's further out.
  • Confirm what kind of participation (if any) in Tunisia
  • Understand what trips are still in play/not-in-play
  • prep for August SF trip if still on.

Coordination:

  • It would help if having a correct Bugzilla email in the phonebook was a thing.
  • Moar Diamond Bugs, plz.
  • "ideation" is not even a real word, I would like the record to note my position on this matter.

ibarlow@mozilla.com

Next:

  • UX backlogging
  • Search work with Anthony
  • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

ttaubert@mozilla.com

Done:

-> Worked on:

  • bug 965697 - Intermittent browser_sessionHistory.js | url is correct - Got (...)/browser_scrollPositions_sample.html, expected about:mozilla
  • bug 1027084 - browser_819510_perwindowpb.js crashes when run locally due to about:home snippets accessing the network
  • bug 1028187 - Allow opting in to IndexedDB for about: pages optionally specifying a desired origin
  • bug 1031003 - http://acko.net/blog/how-to-fold-a-julia-fractal/ consistently crashes Nightly
  • bug 953313 - Intermittent browser_tabopen_reflows.js | unexpected uninterruptible reflow
  • bug 1029486 - "TypeError: can't access dead object" at TranslationContentHandler.jsm:91
  • bug 1032243 - about:newtab should use native Promise implementation
  • bug 1030719 - Input data are lost in the session restore twice
  • bug 993013 - this._cps2 is undefined (at browser.js:1705)
  • bug 1026398 - Add support for RSA-OAEP to WebCrypto API
  • bug 1021607 - Add support for PBKDF2 to WebCrypto API
  • bug 1026314 - Rename Key to CryptoKey in WebCrypto

-> Filed bugs: + bug 1029486 - "TypeError: can't access dead object" at TranslationContentHandler.jsm:91

-> Feedback and review:

  • bug 1027084 - browser_819510_perwindowpb.js crashes when run locally due to about:home snippets accessing the network
  • bug 1020876 - Route desktop client XHRs though the mozLoop API to share hawk implementation with MozLoopService
  • bug 1027125 - Intermittent browser_967000_button_sync.js "Non-local network connections are disabled"
  • bug 1030149 - Set identity.fxaccounts.remote.signup.uri to a dummy URL during automation runs
  • bug 1034038 - [Session Restore] Inform the user when Session Restore cannot save the session
  • bug 801598 - Extract the communication mechanisms of OMT OS.File into its own module
  • bug 1028527 - Back-Button: Cache-Control is ignored after Close Tab has been undone
  • bug 1029735 - ContentSearch sometimes leaks event listeners and their closures
  • bug 977774 - Count the number of times a user opts out of Instant Translation
  • bug 1029363 - browser_translation_fhr.js fails if it runs on its own
  • bug 1022064 - Create privileged API for launching a FxA Oauth flow
  • bug 1013064 - Enable password sync with FxA and master password
  • bug 1033362 - Implement basic mochitests for MozLoopAPI
  • bug 995092 - Enable Unified Autocomplete in Nightly
  • bug 883609 - [Session Restore] Make backups useful
  • bug 1029098 - sidebar open state not remembered
  • bug 1026782 - Implement setLoopCharPref

-> Other: + Loop/FxAccounts meeting

manishsmail@gmail.com

Done:

XHR:

Other:

Next:

  • Implement a basic synchronous GET request
  • Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
  • Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent

rfeeley@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Plan migration experience for existing Sync users
  • Single sign on experience (i.e. Marketplace, “Loop”) for Firefox Accounts

Next:

  • Communicate, negotiate and possibly redesign migration experience for existing Sync users
  • User testing for Firefox Accounts

Coordination:

  • Accounts in the browser - multiple features in Firefox accounts, multiple accounts in Firefox (Jen and Zhenshuo)
  • Synced tabs - John Gruen for improving existing in-content
  • Synced tabs - Phillip rest of team for dedicated Australis menu or other hybrid design

smacleod@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Mostly worked on the Firefox 25 Session Restored regression Bug 959130 and related bugs

Next:

  • Bug 967028 - history.pushState() and .replaceState() don't invalidate shistory
  • Finish up work on regression
  • Fixup last few Session Store bugs on my plate
  • Start into Desktop backlog?

mconley@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Bigass holiday + work week!
  • Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
  • Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
  • Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)

Next:

  • Put the patch for bug 930094 up for review, and file follow-ups for lightweight theme support
  • Get patch for bug 962677 into a reviewable state, reviewed and landed
  • A healthy mix of finding more ways of speeding up the customize mode transition, filing bugs for them, and fixing those bugs.

Coordination:

  • bwinton and I are meeting with Alina Hua and (maybe) Alex Fowler to make sure the BrowserUITelemetry stuff isn't somehow violating our privacy policy.

felipc@gmail.com

Done:

Work from last week:

  • Bug 897061 - Form autocomplete: posting patch to request review from Mark today
  • Bug 941099, + bug 934155 and bug 935974: Noticed this problem when downloading a zip file, and first thought it was just a user error. But after investigating it more and other similar bugs we found out the issue and fixed it in time for beta.
  • Finished blog post about mochitests, waiting past thanksgiving to publish it
  • Filed some Australis bugs

Reviews:

  • Bug 941046 - Add test to ensure Fitts Law works on the Back button on Windows
  • Bug 941469 - RemoteWebProgress doesn't pass |flags| param for onLocationChange
  • Bug 921011 - SocialAPI chat windows should implement nsIBrowserDOMWindow
  • Bug 600500 - About Dialog should check for updates automatically, but not install them if the pref "Ask me what I want to do" is set
  • Bug 941322
  • Bug 935640 - Fix UX for sidebar selection
  • Bug 937377 - [e10s] Selecting an item in a select does not trigger onChange

pamadini@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Downloads: Compatibility of the API modules with B2G (see bug 926955)
  • Logins: Rework DeferredTask to allow asynchronous tasks (bug 940408)

Next:

  • Logins: Remove main-thread I/O (bug 853549)
  • Promises: Investigate using DOM promises instead of "Promise.jsm"
  • Downloads: API extensibility (bug 899013), decommissioning (bug 851471)

mhammond@mozilla.com

Done:

testing, testing, 1..2..3..

  • Work on e10s test infrastructure
  • Work on Sync.Next tests

Next:

testing, testing, 4..5..6..

mdeboer@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
  • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
  • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
  • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
  • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

Next:

  • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
  • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
  • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

enndeakin@gmail.com

Done:

908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in

Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.

scaraveo@mozilla.com

Done:

  • worked out new approach for patches in case remote frameworker doesnt land
  • small stuff landed, still working towards finishing out bug 889427
  • partner meetings

Next:

  • possible slight changes to ux for socialmarks button

fgomes@mozilla.com

Done:

Done:

  • bug 851466 - Import downloads.sqlite to downloads.json
    • Started working in this bug, posted a wip v1 and worked through the feedback for a v2
  • Various reviews and feedback and working with e10s folks
  • bug 516753 - Refactor context area menu for e10s
  • bug 899222 - About:home for e10s
  • bug 897062 - Middle click support for e10s
  • bug 896748 - Notification request box
  • bug 902695 - Implement openURIInFrame
  • bug 895957 - goDoCommand
  • bug 903184 - Disable more FullZoom code
  • bug 786407 - Fix UninstallString for webapps installer
  • bug 902048 - Use getOuterWindowWithId in webappsui.jsm
  • bug 901757 - Create file with correct permissions in webapps installer

mak@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Landed on UX Bug 855805 - Create the Bookmarks widget with subview
  • Experimental patch in Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results.
  • Gone through Downloads Panel feature recent feedback
  • Review Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
  • Review Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
  • Feedback Bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
  • Review Bug 874814 - (OMTConnectionClose) [Storage] Implement OMT AsyncClose()
  • Feedback Bug 891303 - Async-friendly transaction manager for Places
  • Review Bug 895839 - Remove support for binary annotations
  • Feedback Bug 895907 - Aero selection styling bottom border is too much bright
  • Review Bug 896193 - Adopt Promises in mozIAsyncLivemarks

Next:

  • Handle Reviews/Feedback backlog
  • Fix tests for Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results

jaws@mozilla.com

Done:

Landed on UX:

  • Bug 895724 - Remove reload-button and stop-button from browser.xul since they are not needed anymore
  • Bug 895778 - Optimize code path of CustomizableUIInternal.registerToolbar

Up for review:

  • Bug 896291 - "Close other tabs" should show the confirmation dialog if the number of tabs is greater than browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
  • Bug 896157 - Optimize the CustomizableUIInternal.setLocationAttributes function

Build a focused profiler for CustomizableUI and shared it with mconley so we can measure perf changes between optimizations. Will blog about it.

Next:

  • Contact someone from the layout team about a dirty nsIReflowObserver
  • Need to start reaching out to other people to see what possible ideas they may have for fixing perf of WinXP tpaint.

dolske@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Another round of Australis prioritization triage
  • wontfix'd bug 893065 and bug 893013
  • Met with rel-mgmt, support, QA to talk about Australis compat impact with addons
  • Updated patch for bug 355063
  • Lots of other Australis stuff

gavin@gavinsharp.com

Done:

Next:

  • Blog post about work week
  • finalize Q3 goals

tabraldes@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Implemented review comments for bug 795832 - synthesized input events
  • Thought of and implemented a way to avoid SetCursorPos in bug 795832
  • Attempted to get on-screen keyboard to appear by synthesizing click in URL bar
    • That didn't work, so tested manually clicking in URL bar
    • Filed bug 809629 about clicking in URL bar not showing soft keyboard - turns out this is expected behavior
  • Submitted, backed out, fixed, resubmitted patch for bug 795832
  • Switched to building locally with VS2010, switched to building release builds
  • Debugged remaining issue with metro chrome tests; browser hangs while unloading a DLL during shutdown, but log is written
  • Implementing chrome tests
    • Updated browser_context_ui.js to test right-click interaction with context UI

Next:

  • More tests! I'll be going through browser/metro/base/tests/fennectests and porting them to metro

ejpbruel@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Finished the direct proxy class refactor
  • Created an implementation plan for implementing Harmony modules
  • Found some dead code whilst writing a patch for bug 767059
  • Filed a patch for bug 703537
  • Filed a patch for bug 720619
  • Filed a patch for bug 771907
  • Filed a patch for bug 771908
  • Tried (and failed) to reproduce compiler error for bug 722555 locally

Next:

jmathies@mozilla.com

Done:

  • command execute handler prep for review
  • finished up xul fennec code base move. This is as far as I can get things until we work out the mixed platform/app resources problem.
  • fixed pymake/make issues with reg scripts.
  • fixed a bug with the dummy vccor dll that showed up with our builders.
  • upgrading local systems to new win8 release / VS tool set.

Next:

  • migrating metro code base to RC VC11
  • work with bbondy on any xaml interop removal fallout
  • hopefully finish up /browser integration near the end of the week, get elm zip installs functional.

dtownsend@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Submitted pdf.js packaging work for review (bug 740795)
  • Patched a problem on OSX with FAT filesystem profiles (bug 733436)
  • Patched a problem with restartless add-ons when moving profiles between machines (bug 744833)
  • Added some quoting for the extensions crash report annotation (bug 753900)
  • Thoughts on shipping the SDK in Firefox and problems with supporting other apps: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/SDK-in-Firefox

ddahl@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Work Week last week for Identity derailed some development

Made some progress on bug 673432 "Mobile implementation crypto.getRandomValues" - this bug also governs re-adding a crypto object to window on mobile platforms

Worked on bug 734076 - I have a working patch, there are some unanswered questions yet

Next:

More of the same

myk@mozilla.org

Done:

Next:

  • dig into Apps front-end and platform requirements

Coordination:

  • in MV Wednesday

margaret.leibovic@gmail.com

Done:

  • Site settings menuitem (bug 706876)
  • Click-to-play plugins follow-ups

Next:

  • Form autocomplete follow-ups (dependencies set on bug 695444)
  • Random bug fixing

Coordination:

  • PTO next week. Back January 4.

me@shawnwilsher.com

Done:

  • Reviewed bug 699051 - Track slow sql queries on main thread + send them in via telemetry
  • Reviewed bug 465299 - mozStorageStatementWrapper::Initialize should check statement state/validity
  • Reviewed bug 702815 - Maintain a list of open SQLite connections
  • Reviewed bug 703143 - Use a memory multi-reporter for SQLite's per-connection reporting
  • Reviewed bug 557047 - Replace mailnews specific ifdef (MOZ_MAIL_NEWS) in cookie code with tests for a protocol flag

honzab.moz@firemni.cz

Done:

(Extremely busy week, so not much done)

review bug 534764 review bug 623948 analyzes bug 637657 bug 637361 bug 638179 bug 638218

Next:

continue reviewing new http pipelining stuff from Patrick McManus start playing with bug 370886

michal.novotny@gmail.com

Done:

  • bug 604897 - Unable to cache small entries when CACHE00[1-3]_ is full
  • bug 599127 - Wyciwyg channel write's end up doing synchronous disk IO
  • bug 592422 - preallocate individual (non-block) cache files
  • bug 597224 - HTTP Cache: use directory tree to store cache files

Next:

  • bug 614513 - Crash in nsCacheService::DeactivateEntry during Linux Talos ts_cold

bherland@mozilla.com

Done:

bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

bug #589296 (Crash in [@ nsHttpChannel::ContinueProcessResponse): lots of analysis and thinking

bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): patch submitted and reviewed

Next:

bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

bug #536295 (e10s HTTP: offline application cache) : review

bug #575928 ("http-on-modify-request" doesn't work on "CONNECT" method): review

bug #551447 (Avoid async writes to memory-cache) : fix

bug #572557 (nsDiskCacheEvictor::VisitRecord() dooms used entries unnecessary) : fix

Coordination:

bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): waiting for approval

bug #548406 (xpcshell-test causing leak in nsMemoryCache) : needs review (michal)

bparr.invalid@smedbergs.us

Done:

  • Mainly worked on Bug 551274 - Update nsAddonRepository for API version 1.5:
    • Adds functionality needed for my current project
    • Adds a bunch of missing tests for AddonRepository.jsm
  • Landed Bug 558287 - Add support for searching add-ons on AMO via the addon manager's search bar
  • Fixed small bugs:
    • Bug 580379 - Move and improve CSS introduced in Bug 558287
    • Bug 578467 - xpinstall.whitelist.add prefs are not emptied when converted into permissions on startup with new profile

Next:

  • Continue work on current project:
    • Begin showing new information from AMO in detailed and list view (temporarily storing information)
    • Begin work on back-end storage of new AMO data
  • Look into my other beta 4 and beta N blockers

mnandigama.invalid@smedbergs.us

Done:

Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.

Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.

Next:

May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.

Coordination:

Working on winding down and hand-off of the tools/scripts I develop/maintain to A-Team.

kdangoor@mozilla.com

Done:

Can now build Bespin Embedded releases

Next:

Slim down the Bespin Embedded build (currently more than 600K compressed, but not gzipped). More docs Work on CommonJS presentation for JSConf.eu (I'll be giving the presentation at a2div this week.)