Mozilla Status Board

mdeboer@mozilla.com

Current Status - 2013-10-22

Done:

  • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
  • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
  • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
  • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
  • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

Next:

  • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
  • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
  • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

Older Posts

Member of Projects

Team Posts

mbonardo@mozilla.com 2 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1068034 - breakdown: convert consumers to the new async bookmarking API (Not Started)
Bug 1071505 - Expose constant root GUIDs (In Review)
Bug 1085161 - Sync failure after upgrade/downgrade from 33->34->33 (In Progress)

adw@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

  • reviewed: Bug 1042135 - Revert do not track preferences to be a simple on/off switch
  • reviewed: Bug 1070620 - Render newtab page grid and sites in a single step using a DocumentFragment
  • reviewed: Bug 1088729 (Secure bug)
  • reviewed: Bug 1031033 - expose privacy.trackingprotection.enabled in privacy preferences
  • reviewed: Bug 1088704 - Fix potential browser_newtab_reportLinkAction.js intermittent failure
  • investigated: Bug 1077174 - about:newtab search engine logo sometimes blinks
  • investigated, feedbacked: Bug 1029889 - about:home should use the search engine [chooser/picker/switcher] from the about:newtab page
  • feedback'ed: Bug 1080229 - Support API: implement notification bar API
  • catching up with (bug)mail
  • helped Alex with his presentation
  • interns

alam@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Done:

  • Cont'd Project 105 explorations
  • Cont'd Firefox on Tablets V1
  • Looping in Gemma on Launcher, Onboarding, and Second screen
  • Awesome screen improvements
  • Doorhanger visual improvements
  • Reading list/ Reader mode improvements

Next:

  • Continue with Tablets work
  • Figure out how to pick up Onboarding work
  • Awesome screen improvements
  • Project 105
  • London WW prep

philipp@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Done:

Next:

  • Finish server not found pages
  • More reviews
  • Backlog: Probably some task continuity stuff

bwinton@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1079452 - Create an experimental Firefox build to test Awesomebar search suggestions based on UX design assets (In Review)

Done:

  • Built a search suggestion prototype.
  • Took some PTO.

Next:

  • Device sharing flow mockup/prototype.
  • Newtab search placeholder text.
  • Probably a little more search suggestion prototype work.

Coordination:

  • Waiting for review on the prototype from Bill.

gpetrie@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Done:

  • Mirror Tab Study: Designed, conducted, analyzed & reported. Bug: 1088333
  • S2W: More survey work (hopefully launching this week)
  • S2W: Legal and privacy reviews for consultant. Bug: 1087445
  • Provided feedback on India community-run research approach

Next:

  • Continue S2W legal and privacy review process. Bug: 1087445
  • Provide feedback on "Send Tab to Device" Bugs: 1007360 & 1088368
  • Draft research approach for First-Run Experience. Bug: 1042809
  • Planning for multi-screen ethnographic study?

athornburgh@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Done:

1) Finalized new design for the Discovery View on the Interest Dashboard 2) Finished House Tiles PSD template for translations 3) Finished mock ups for agency meeting later this week (Darren) 4) Brought Lauren up to speed on projects and our process

Next:

1) Style Guide for ID Discovery View 2) More enhanced tiles exploration?

sfranks@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1074443 - [UX] Design Spike: in-browser collaboration concept proposal (In Review)
Bug 1079489 - [UX] Design screen-sharing experience within Firefox Hello (In Review)

Done:

Next:

  • Growth Team experiment support (will write survey content)
  • EME support (animated icons)
  • New bugs

mmaslaney@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1079934 - [UX] In-content prefs - nitpick the secondary dialogs into shape (In Progress)

Done:

Bug 1055523 - [10.10] [UX] Investigate updating hover state for buttons in the tabstrip

Bug 1079935 - [UX] Harmonize the new style for about:welcomeback, sessionstore, and e10s crash pages

Bug 1083396 - Update the icon to the final version

Bug 1079905 - [UX] Consider alternate designs for Loop's green call buttons

Next:

Bug 1079934 - [UX] In-content prefs - nitpick the secondary dialogs into shape

Fix the alignment issues with the Hello icon

Review the inContent add-on pages

Fine tune the visual design for the Yosemite theme.

dhenein@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Done:

  • Hello premium brainstorm meetings
  • Re-evaluated priorities on Hello 35 (rooms) to ensure we are still tracking towards screen-sharing in the medium-term
  • coordinated with Michael for new Hello branding/icons in Nightly
  • spent some time working around a legal issue with iconography in Hello
  • worked with Sevaan a bit on his screen-sharing spike
  • reviewed Philipp's contacts UX review
  • Catch-up on Project 105 background docs
  • Re-orient myself with 105 and especially opportunities presented by 1058

Next:

  • more 105 background/exploration
  • some Hello UX meetings for next few releases

mano@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 937560 - Introduce onDeletePages (In Review)
Bug 951651 - Initial support for PlacesTransactions in editBookmarkOverlay (and bookmarkProperties) (In Progress)

wselman@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Done:

  • Forget button research analysis and report.
  • Mozfest! Presentation and running UX booth.

Next:

  • Bug 1084561: Planning protocol
  • Bug 958204: Almost unblocked. Research may begin this week!
  • Planning for multi-screen ethnographic study?

bmcbride@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1067903 - Autoselect first autocomplete result when it's guaranteed to be a special result (In Progress)
Bug 1070778 - Selecting a moz-action: result then typing more can result in "Search X for moz-action:..." item (In Review)
Bug 1071344 - Breakdown: create a plan for autocomplete improvements (In Review)

mverdi@mozilla.com 6 days ago

Done:

  • Bug 1062896 - [ux] polish first-run experience
    • First Run Map http://bit.ly/1EUzr3R *Filed these new bugs:
    • Bug 1088925 - [UX] Investigate ways to improve Bookmarking and Bookmark retrieval flow
    • Bug 1088912 - [UX] Investigate ways to improve default browser prompts for different user flows
    • Bug 1088973 - If Firefox is not the default browser open a "what's new" page after an installation

Next:

  • I'm in Vancouver this week to make a bunch of dev tools videos

felipc@gmail.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 863514 - Electrolysis: Make gesture support work (In Progress)
Bug 1068360 - [e10s] Mixed content blocker doorhanger doesn't work (In Review)

Done:

  • bug 1068360 - mixed content notification - patch posted, fixing the basic here was very simple. I need to investigate a bit more when mixedContentChannel would get cleared or changed, to make sure it is the same behavior of the isMixedChannelAllowed flag. I imagine I'll need to dispatch an event from docshell and sync this information up in the parent. But this is not important for fixing this specific bug because the network code for mixed content still needs some extra fixing for e10s: bug 1084504
  • bug 1072287 - blinking tab titles - on last Thursday's e10s meeting myself and a few other people tried to reproduce it and couldn't any longer (everybody could easily see the prob before when we triaged the bug), so it was agreed that this bug is worksforme
  • bug 863514 - Gesture support - made more progress on this.. I'm basically converting browser_gestureSupport to work as a frame script. It's a bit more convoluted than expected because the code there is really generic (handling actions as named in prefs, etc.), and it also handles the OSX swiping animations (which are disabled by default but exist)
  • I did some coordination related to getting a SUMO article with screenshots about the automatic translation feature, because the promotional doorhanger that was rolled out with the first beta 34 includes a link to it. Took screenshots from FF on 5 different locales and submitted them to SUMO and talked with the sumo folks to get those approved. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/automatic-translation

amarchesini@mozilla.com last week

Done:

Random stuffs

  1. Bug 1085471 - typo in Console::ShouldIncludeStackrace method name
  2. Bug 1080503 - Remove DOMConstructor related code from classinfo
  3. Bug 1004306 - AudioChannel implementation can cause multiple sounds without any possibility to stop the sound

URL API

  1. Bug 1085297 - URLSearchParams, URLUtils and URLUtilsReadOnly should use USVStrings instead DOMStrings
  2. Bug 1082734 - Saving window.location.searchParams can steal search params from future cross-origin sites

Workers:

  1. Bug 1082178 - Wrong initialization of JS in workers

File/Blob

  1. Bug 1085158 - FilePicker.js: "File is not defined" after selecting file to upload

WebSocket

  1. Bug 1083425 - Crash when searching on expansys.ca

DataStore:

  1. Bug 1081143 - [Datastore] System message is not received when the datastore has changed

ttaubert@mozilla.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 1070620 - Render newtab page grid and sites in a single step using a DocumentFragment (In Review)
Bug 1075450 - Private Windows shouldn't disable switch-to-tab by disabling all autocomplete actions (In Progress)
Bug 1077652 - Link a preloaded <xul:browser> to a newly created tab instead of swapping docShells (In Progress)

Done:

  • Bug 1067173 - The page with Tiles is not rendered correctly

Next:

  • Work on landing bug 1070620
  • Investigate preloader v2 regressions on Ubuntu further
  • Reviews

Coordination:

  • Bug 530209 is blocking my bug 1075450. I will wait for that patch to land there before continuing my work.

randersen@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Provided feedback on bug 852247 — Force over-ride zoom
  • Was brought up to speed with Yuan on Launcher
  • Went over 105 mocks with Anthony and what's happening in this sprint
  • Final touches on N2R landing page
  • Project 105

Next:

  • Project 105 ideas for next sprint
  • Mobile UX work week prep
  • Exploring task continuity ideas

rfeeley@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Firefox Account-enhanced Browser Profiles mockups
  • FFOS Backup & Flow user flows

Next:

  • FFOS Backup & Flow user flows
  • Awesomerbar with detailed history
  • Password manager explorations

ywang@mozilla.com 3 weeks ago

Done:

  • Blog post for tablet refresh
  • Schedule meetings for people to sync up
  • Logistics for departure

Next:

  • Last week logistics
  • Publish the blog post once Anthony is back
  • Connect people together and hand off my design work to Robin and Anthony

shorlander@mozilla.com 4 weeks ago

Bugs:

Bug 1064257 - [UX] Unify and improve behavior of doorhanger dialogs (In Progress)

Done:

  • Search Stuff
  • Panic Button and Apps Icons
  • Bug Review/Feedback Catch-up
  • DevTools Stuff
  • Panel Stuff
  • Meetings!

Next:

  • Icons for SVG ⋆✸✴︎MAGIC!✴︎✸⋆
  • Panels

jgruen@mozilla.com 4 weeks ago

Next:

  • Finish coordination work/code review for snippets
  • Finish sass refactor
  • Begin password enhancement integration on FXA
  • Hang out with Ryan

mhoye@mozilla.com last month

Done:

Met about Bugzilla-DB dumps, got the information I'll need to see to their resurrection. Pursuing that.

Coordinating with Kyle about elasticsearch and the new-contributor-patch egg-timer idea. He's respinning an old patch-status dashboard for it - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1074210 - and I'm setting up a 'bot for interested people and #notification

Got feedback about Firefox And The Academy post, put it up.

Email, endless email. Patching all the machines I own, because free software is sometimes cruel.

Next:

Kill my inbox Add leverage numbers to areweeveryoneyet a small number of straggler planet bugs. Figure out what the uptake of StartMozilla bugs is.

gfritzsche@mozilla.com last month

Bugs:

Bug 1036693 - Plugin Whitelist Request: Novell iPrint Client (2 plugins) (Not Started)
Bug 1051772 - plugin whitelist request: Cisco VGConnect plugin (Not Started)
Bug 1064333 - Add stable user id to telemetry ping (In Review)
Bug 1067989 - Unify some more binary search uses (In Review)

Done:

  • telemetry stable user id
  • stuff

Next:

  • bug 917918 cleanup
  • plugin whitelist bugs
  • maybe check into telemetry unification phase 2 a bit

benjamin@smedbergs.us last month

Bugs:

Bug 791244 - Undo the pref for the temporary hangserver for beta channels until Socorro is awesome (In Review)
Bug 1053745 - Include OpenH264 plugin in FHR data (In Review)
Bug 1053746 - Add telemetry probes for OpenH264 plugin (Not Started)

Done:

Firefox work week!

  • Desktop platform team announcement; now working with rstrong and vladan and their teams!
  • Switch nightly/aurora back to the main socorro instead of the "skunky" one which was supposed to die in early 2013.
  • Add OpenH264 details into FHR

Next:

  • Hiring plan
  • Add OpenH264 details into telemetry payload
  • Project prioritizing - need to figure out short-term plan for self-support project

gps@mozilla.com last month

Bugs:

Bug 1042394 - Firefox self-support high-level plan (Not Started)

Done:

  • Switched managers and organizations

Next:

  • Start reporting to Laura Thomson and begin my new role as a "Developer Productivity Engineer"

gijs@mozilla.com 2 months ago

Done:

  • More dealing with location bar work (see deps of bug 693808)
  • Still looking at some Yosemite things. Met with mstange and mmaslaney, have plan of attack for titlebar transparency. Looking at joining in on some of the cocoa work so we can push to have this ready for the initial yosemite release or shortly afterwards, to counter our reputation of lag on implementing OS X changes
  • Reviews. So many reviews.
  • Bug 1004418 landed with some hiccups, but stuck in the end.
  • Patched bug 1048857, waiting for review
  • Investigation in bug 1021303

Next:

Coordination:

  • Waiting for reviews (bug 1048857 - paolo; bug 991757 - mconley, msucan/devtools)
  • Traveling a little today, please needinfo/email - working despite today being bank holiday (which I'll take some other day, TBD)

jwein@mozilla.com 3 months ago

Done:

  • Caught up with reviews and needinfos (zero reviews and needinfos)
  • Landed patch for bug 1048198

Next:

  • Working on bug 947574
  • Got review feedback for bug 1007336, which are requesting some significant changes/approaches. Need to figure out the localization approach for recommended theme licenses.

jmoradi@mozilla.com 3 months ago

Done:

IPP experiment:

  • First meetings w/ UX, Metrics, Marketing
  • Talked to bwinton re: Telemetry

Polaris:

  • holding

Next:

IPP experiment:

  • map out all possible scenarios.
  • regroup w/ Metrics, UX, marketing
  • Write our breakdowns for experiment design

Coordination:

Polaris:

  • awaiting instructions

ddemerson@mozilla.com 3 months ago

Done:

  • Presentation
  • Interny stuff

Next:

  • Theme switching for vertical tabs
  • Finishing up notification and toolbar styles for vertical tabs
  • Leaving :(

ibarlow@mozilla.com 3 months ago

Next:

  • UX backlogging
  • Search work with Anthony
  • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

jboriss@mozilla.com 3 months ago

Done:

  • Worked on Site Identity spec for implementaiton
  • Sketched wireframe variations for Project N.
  • Finished scoping and pitch document for Project N for steering committee meeting
  • Worked on Australis styling bugs
  • Added new partner booking.com to Tiles, created assets

Next:

  • Finish Site Identity spec
  • Digitize sketched Project N wireframes
  • Add assets to Dropbox
  • Finish bugs for download panel
  • Support Eng followup bugs from last cycle

zfang@mozilla.com 4 months ago

Done:

  • Light-weight Themes in customization
  • Next:

    • Finish light weight themes
    • Wrap up feature promotion plan

    manishsmail@gmail.com 6 months ago

    Done:

    XHR:

    Other:

    Next:

    • Implement a basic synchronous GET request
    • Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
    • Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent

    abc@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Done:

    • Idea sketches/wireframes

      • Bug 762298 - Request: Bookmark organization and or sorting
      • Bug 972193 - Allow folder management in Fennec bookmarks UI
      • Bug 971922 - Lack of History Management in History 'Tab' confuse users
    • Sketches for redesign to include changing and resetting passcode

      • Bug 985637 - Protect payment information with passcode

    Next:

    • Refine designs on all misc bugs from last week
    • Tabbed browsing - Idea sketches (spilled from last week)
    • PDF.js bugs (get some feedback on bugs split & post)

    vtsatskin@mozilla.com 8 months ago

    Done:

    Next:

    • User Testing

      • Refine "unresponsive script" pilot and launch
      • Start developing pilot for in-content error messages
    • Internet Connectivity and Work Offline Mode

      • Determine current status of work to get to working state
      • Define work offline fully (from feedback)
    • Metro

      • Higher fidelity prototypes from existing paper prototypes.
    • More FxOS Rocketbar User Testing analysis

    smacleod@mozilla.com 9 months ago

    Done:

    • Mostly worked on the Firefox 25 Session Restored regression Bug 959130 and related bugs

    Next:

    • Bug 967028 - history.pushState() and .replaceState() don't invalidate shistory
    • Finish up work on regression
    • Fixup last few Session Store bugs on my plate
    • Start into Desktop backlog?

    mconley@mozilla.com 9 months ago

    Done:

    • Bigass holiday + work week!
    • Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
    • Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
    • Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)

    Next:

    • Put the patch for bug 930094 up for review, and file follow-ups for lightweight theme support
    • Get patch for bug 962677 into a reviewable state, reviewed and landed
    • A healthy mix of finding more ways of speeding up the customize mode transition, filing bugs for them, and fixing those bugs.

    Coordination:

    • bwinton and I are meeting with Alina Hua and (maybe) Alex Fowler to make sure the BrowserUITelemetry stuff isn't somehow violating our privacy policy.

    yuan@mozilla.com 9 months ago

    Done:

    [Sorry for not being here in person. Trying to get a few hours sleep before all the must-go mtgs] Worked on two HTML5 concept prototypes for Android tablet refresh sprint #1: [1]http://tinyurl.com/p953pnz [2]http://tinyurl.com/qb4y8ag Finished testing script on usertesting.com. Draft:http://goo.gl/MiJepk Prioritized and filed main UX work for Metro v2

    Next:

    Finish tablet prototype 3 for sprint #1 Launch tests on usertesting.com Celebrate the year of horse! (PTO from 01/31 till 02/03)

    Coordination:

    Metro launch kick-off mtg with PR and marketing Tablet sync up with Ian

    aganesan@mozilla.com 11 months ago

    Done:

    • Form Auto-fill: Ground research

    Next:

    • Form Auto-fill: Consolidate research findings

    Coordination:

    • PDF.js: Anthony Lam for visual design, Engineering & Product for development

    pamadini@mozilla.com 12 months ago

    Done:

    • Downloads: Compatibility of the API modules with B2G (see bug 926955)
    • Logins: Rework DeferredTask to allow asynchronous tasks (bug 940408)

    Next:

    • Logins: Remove main-thread I/O (bug 853549)
    • Promises: Investigate using DOM promises instead of "Promise.jsm"
    • Downloads: API extensibility (bug 899013), decommissioning (bug 851471)

    mhammond@mozilla.com 12 months ago

    Done:

    testing, testing, 1..2..3..

    • Work on e10s test infrastructure
    • Work on Sync.Next tests

    Next:

    testing, testing, 4..5..6..

    mdeboer@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
    • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
    • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
    • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
    • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    Next:

    • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
    • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
    • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    jvarga@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Bug 919268 - Add codegen for worker-only WebIDL callbacks - reworked the patch, got review, landed

    Bug 798875 - Implement IndexedDB synchronous API

    • more reviewing, assigned some of the issues to Vendo
    • added IDBVersionChangeBlockedCallback (this isn't in the spec, but it seems we need it for parity between async and sync API)

    Bug 920633 - Add getAllKeys to IDBObjectStore - reviewed

    Bug 920800 - Add openKeyCursor to IDBObjectStore - reviewed

    Bug 832883 - Move IDBKeyRange to WebIDL and define indexedDB/IDBKeyRange in all the spots

    • added a test for bootstrap.js
    • debuged a failing test on Android, had to disable it on that platform in the end
    • rebased on top of Ben's resolve hook patch
    • addressed review comments, landed (IDB -> WebIDL completed)

    Next:

    sync IDB:

    • try peterv's patch for DOMStringList -> WebIDL
    • implement versionchange event using new thread agnostic infrastructure
    • use the same IDBKeyRange impl for main thread and workers
    • finish support for child processes
    • more reviewing

    Other:

    • Components.utils.importGlobalProperties(["indexedDB"])
    • review FileHandle e10s design
    • other bugs related to quota manager, etc.

    enndeakin@gmail.com last year

    Done:

    908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in

    Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.

    mcaceres@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Mostly preparing for Responsive Images meetup next week - bunch of random coordination about that. Rewrote most of the use cases document and started fixing up the spec a bit. http://usecases.responsiveimages.org/ http://picture.responsiveimages.org/

    Next:

    Coordination:

    • Together with Mounir, on Wed talk to one of our partners about how they can contribute to sysapps and FxOS.

    scaraveo@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • worked out new approach for patches in case remote frameworker doesnt land
    • small stuff landed, still working towards finishing out bug 889427
    • partner meetings

    Next:

    • possible slight changes to ux for socialmarks button

    fgomes@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Done:

    • bug 851466 - Import downloads.sqlite to downloads.json
      • Started working in this bug, posted a wip v1 and worked through the feedback for a v2
    • Various reviews and feedback and working with e10s folks
    • bug 516753 - Refactor context area menu for e10s
    • bug 899222 - About:home for e10s
    • bug 897062 - Middle click support for e10s
    • bug 896748 - Notification request box
    • bug 902695 - Implement openURIInFrame
    • bug 895957 - goDoCommand
    • bug 903184 - Disable more FullZoom code
    • bug 786407 - Fix UninstallString for webapps installer
    • bug 902048 - Use getOuterWindowWithId in webappsui.jsm
    • bug 901757 - Create file with correct permissions in webapps installer

    mak@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Landed on UX Bug 855805 - Create the Bookmarks widget with subview
    • Experimental patch in Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results.
    • Gone through Downloads Panel feature recent feedback
    • Review Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
    • Review Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
    • Feedback Bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
    • Review Bug 874814 - (OMTConnectionClose) [Storage] Implement OMT AsyncClose()
    • Feedback Bug 891303 - Async-friendly transaction manager for Places
    • Review Bug 895839 - Remove support for binary annotations
    • Feedback Bug 895907 - Aero selection styling bottom border is too much bright
    • Review Bug 896193 - Adopt Promises in mozIAsyncLivemarks

    Next:

    • Handle Reviews/Feedback backlog
    • Fix tests for Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results

    mozilla@noorenberghe.ca last year

    Done:

    • Australis perf: * Bug 894099 - Felipe advised me on nsWindow::ClientMarginHitTestPoint. Gijs took over last night. * Search box impact * cost of new CSS * impact of dirty localstore.rdf on talos * impact of bookmark button * Bug 688534 - fix graph server to order by build time instead of job queue time
    • Bug 583578 - form history fix for readonly/disabled username fields - affects login.mozilla.org
    • Bug 894796 - Fix for Bas' recording tool so it doesn't stop early
    • Investigated bug 855275 which may be caused by a regression related to window.close
    • Quickly looked into bug 896276. User is being asked to reset because we believe he hadn't used his profile in over 60 days. Our nsIStartup code thinks his process startup time is in the year 2099 intermittently.
    • Reviews

    Next:

    Australis perf

    • Reviewing numbers from perf try pushes
    • Spriting
    • CSS perf

    jaws@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Landed on UX:

    • Bug 895724 - Remove reload-button and stop-button from browser.xul since they are not needed anymore
    • Bug 895778 - Optimize code path of CustomizableUIInternal.registerToolbar

    Up for review:

    • Bug 896291 - "Close other tabs" should show the confirmation dialog if the number of tabs is greater than browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
    • Bug 896157 - Optimize the CustomizableUIInternal.setLocationAttributes function

    Build a focused profiler for CustomizableUI and shared it with mconley so we can measure perf changes between optimizations. Will blog about it.

    Next:

    • Contact someone from the layout team about a dirty nsIReflowObserver
    • Need to start reaching out to other people to see what possible ideas they may have for fixing perf of WinXP tpaint.

    ehsan@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Caught up with most of my email
    • Reviews, acting on bugmail/newsgroup mail, etc.

    Next:

    • Look at the NC Necko bindings hopefully, but see below

    Coordination:

    I'm attending the TRIBE program on Wednesday and Thursday. They tell me I should not expect to get anything else done during those two days!

    annevk@annevk.nl last year

    Done:

    File URLs.

    Next:

    URL tests. Notification API extensions.

    Coordination:

    TC39 next week.

    mounir.lamouri@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Work week...

    Coordination:

    • Currently in California, back in London on Tuesday;
    • Might take a couple of days off.

    dolske@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Another round of Australis prioritization triage
    • wontfix'd bug 893065 and bug 893013
    • Met with rel-mgmt, support, QA to talk about Australis compat impact with addons
    • Updated patch for bug 355063
    • Lots of other Australis stuff

    baku@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Promise:

    • Bug 875289 - Remove .done() and allow undefined to be passed to .then() and .catch() - landed
    • Bug 884279 - renaming future to promise - landed

    IndexedDB:

    • Bug 888597 - Move IDBObjectStore to WebIDL - waiting for review
    • Bug 888598 - Move IDBTransaction to WebIDL - waiting for review
    • Bug 892065 - Move IDBIndex to WebIDL - waiting for review
    • Bug 888596 - Move IDBDatabase to WebIDL - waiting for review

    OTher stuffs:

    • Bug 890928 - Crash when creating object url in subworker - landing
    • Bug 893501 - Crash getting navigator.mozNotification from a stale navigator object - landing
    • Bug 885539 - Heap-use-after-free... - landed

    gavin@gavinsharp.com last year

    Done:

    Next:

    • Blog post about work week
    • finalize Q3 goals

    bturner@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    bug 643325 - Implementation for SharedWorkers

    Next:

    bug 643325 - Add additional tests bug 877482 - Figure out why blobs are crashing again bug 879787 bug 871445 - Feedback on DataStore API bug 772765 - Review API for conference calls Reviews and such

    tabraldes@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Implemented review comments for bug 795832 - synthesized input events
    • Thought of and implemented a way to avoid SetCursorPos in bug 795832
    • Attempted to get on-screen keyboard to appear by synthesizing click in URL bar
      • That didn't work, so tested manually clicking in URL bar
      • Filed bug 809629 about clicking in URL bar not showing soft keyboard - turns out this is expected behavior
    • Submitted, backed out, fixed, resubmitted patch for bug 795832
    • Switched to building locally with VS2010, switched to building release builds
    • Debugged remaining issue with metro chrome tests; browser hangs while unloading a DLL during shutdown, but log is written
    • Implementing chrome tests
      • Updated browser_context_ui.js to test right-click interaction with context UI

    Next:

    • More tests! I'll be going through browser/metro/base/tests/fennectests and porting them to metro

    ejpbruel@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Finished the direct proxy class refactor
    • Created an implementation plan for implementing Harmony modules
    • Found some dead code whilst writing a patch for bug 767059
    • Filed a patch for bug 703537
    • Filed a patch for bug 720619
    • Filed a patch for bug 771907
    • Filed a patch for bug 771908
    • Tried (and failed) to reproduce compiler error for bug 722555 locally

    Next:

    jmathies@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • command execute handler prep for review
    • finished up xul fennec code base move. This is as far as I can get things until we work out the mixed platform/app resources problem.
    • fixed pymake/make issues with reg scripts.
    • fixed a bug with the dummy vccor dll that showed up with our builders.
    • upgrading local systems to new win8 release / VS tool set.

    Next:

    • migrating metro code base to RC VC11
    • work with bbondy on any xaml interop removal fallout
    • hopefully finish up /browser integration near the end of the week, get elm zip installs functional.

    dtownsend@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Submitted pdf.js packaging work for review (bug 740795)
    • Patched a problem on OSX with FAT filesystem profiles (bug 733436)
    • Patched a problem with restartless add-ons when moving profiles between machines (bug 744833)
    • Added some quoting for the extensions crash report annotation (bug 753900)
    • Thoughts on shipping the SDK in Firefox and problems with supporting other apps: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/SDK-in-Firefox

    ddahl@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Work Week last week for Identity derailed some development

    Made some progress on bug 673432 "Mobile implementation crypto.getRandomValues" - this bug also governs re-adding a crypto object to window on mobile platforms

    Worked on bug 734076 - I have a working patch, there are some unanswered questions yet

    Next:

    More of the same

    myk@mozilla.org

    Done:

    Next:

    • dig into Apps front-end and platform requirements

    Coordination:

    • in MV Wednesday

    margaret.leibovic@gmail.com

    Done:

    • Site settings menuitem (bug 706876)
    • Click-to-play plugins follow-ups

    Next:

    • Form autocomplete follow-ups (dependencies set on bug 695444)
    • Random bug fixing

    Coordination:

    • PTO next week. Back January 4.

    me@shawnwilsher.com

    Done:

    • Reviewed bug 699051 - Track slow sql queries on main thread + send them in via telemetry
    • Reviewed bug 465299 - mozStorageStatementWrapper::Initialize should check statement state/validity
    • Reviewed bug 702815 - Maintain a list of open SQLite connections
    • Reviewed bug 703143 - Use a memory multi-reporter for SQLite's per-connection reporting
    • Reviewed bug 557047 - Replace mailnews specific ifdef (MOZ_MAIL_NEWS) in cookie code with tests for a protocol flag

    honzab.moz@firemni.cz

    Done:

    (Extremely busy week, so not much done)

    review bug 534764 review bug 623948 analyzes bug 637657 bug 637361 bug 638179 bug 638218

    Next:

    continue reviewing new http pipelining stuff from Patrick McManus start playing with bug 370886

    michal.novotny@gmail.com

    Done:

    • bug 604897 - Unable to cache small entries when CACHE00[1-3]_ is full
    • bug 599127 - Wyciwyg channel write's end up doing synchronous disk IO
    • bug 592422 - preallocate individual (non-block) cache files
    • bug 597224 - HTTP Cache: use directory tree to store cache files

    Next:

    • bug 614513 - Crash in nsCacheService::DeactivateEntry during Linux Talos ts_cold

    bherland@mozilla.com

    Done:

    bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

    bug #589296 (Crash in [@ nsHttpChannel::ContinueProcessResponse): lots of analysis and thinking

    bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): patch submitted and reviewed

    Next:

    bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

    bug #536295 (e10s HTTP: offline application cache) : review

    bug #575928 ("http-on-modify-request" doesn't work on "CONNECT" method): review

    bug #551447 (Avoid async writes to memory-cache) : fix

    bug #572557 (nsDiskCacheEvictor::VisitRecord() dooms used entries unnecessary) : fix

    Coordination:

    bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): waiting for approval

    bug #548406 (xpcshell-test causing leak in nsMemoryCache) : needs review (michal)

    bparr.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    • Mainly worked on Bug 551274 - Update nsAddonRepository for API version 1.5:
      • Adds functionality needed for my current project
      • Adds a bunch of missing tests for AddonRepository.jsm
    • Landed Bug 558287 - Add support for searching add-ons on AMO via the addon manager's search bar
    • Fixed small bugs:
      • Bug 580379 - Move and improve CSS introduced in Bug 558287
      • Bug 578467 - xpinstall.whitelist.add prefs are not emptied when converted into permissions on startup with new profile

    Next:

    • Continue work on current project:
      • Begin showing new information from AMO in detailed and list view (temporarily storing information)
      • Begin work on back-end storage of new AMO data
    • Look into my other beta 4 and beta N blockers

    mnandigama.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.

    Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.

    Next:

    May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.

    Coordination:

    Working on winding down and hand-off of the tools/scripts I develop/maintain to A-Team.

    kdangoor@mozilla.com

    Done:

    Can now build Bespin Embedded releases

    Next:

    Slim down the Bespin Embedded build (currently more than 600K compressed, but not gzipped). More docs Work on CommonJS presentation for JSConf.eu (I'll be giving the presentation at a2div this week.)