Mozilla Status Board

mconley@mozilla.com

Current Status - 2014-01-28

Done:

  • Bigass holiday + work week!
  • Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
  • Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
  • Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)

Next:

  • Put the patch for bug 930094 up for review, and file follow-ups for lightweight theme support
  • Get patch for bug 962677 into a reviewable state, reviewed and landed
  • A healthy mix of finding more ways of speeding up the customize mode transition, filing bugs for them, and fixing those bugs.

Coordination:

  • bwinton and I are meeting with Alina Hua and (maybe) Alex Fowler to make sure the BrowserUITelemetry stuff isn't somehow violating our privacy policy.

Older Posts

Member of Projects

Team Posts

mbonardo@mozilla.com yesterday

Bugs:

Bug 1068034 - breakdown: convert consumers to the new async bookmarking API (Not Started)
Bug 1071505 - Expose constant root GUIDs (In Review)
Bug 1085161 - Sync failure after upgrade/downgrade from 33->34->33 (In Progress)

adw@mozilla.com 3 days ago

Done:

  • reviewed: Bug 1042135 - Revert do not track preferences to be a simple on/off switch
  • reviewed: Bug 1070620 - Render newtab page grid and sites in a single step using a DocumentFragment
  • reviewed: Bug 1088729 (Secure bug)
  • reviewed: Bug 1031033 - expose privacy.trackingprotection.enabled in privacy preferences
  • reviewed: Bug 1088704 - Fix potential browser_newtab_reportLinkAction.js intermittent failure
  • investigated: Bug 1077174 - about:newtab search engine logo sometimes blinks
  • investigated, feedbacked: Bug 1029889 - about:home should use the search engine [chooser/picker/switcher] from the about:newtab page
  • feedback'ed: Bug 1080229 - Support API: implement notification bar API
  • catching up with (bug)mail
  • helped Alex with his presentation
  • interns

alam@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

  • Cont'd Project 105 explorations
  • Cont'd Firefox on Tablets V1
  • Looping in Gemma on Launcher, Onboarding, and Second screen
  • Awesome screen improvements
  • Doorhanger visual improvements
  • Reading list/ Reader mode improvements

Next:

  • Continue with Tablets work
  • Figure out how to pick up Onboarding work
  • Awesome screen improvements
  • Project 105
  • London WW prep

bwinton@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1079452 - Create an experimental Firefox build to test Awesomebar search suggestions based on UX design assets (In Review)

Done:

  • Built a search suggestion prototype.
  • Took some PTO.

Next:

  • Device sharing flow mockup/prototype.
  • Newtab search placeholder text.
  • Probably a little more search suggestion prototype work.

Coordination:

  • Waiting for review on the prototype from Bill.

gpetrie@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

  • Mirror Tab Study: Designed, conducted, analyzed & reported. Bug: 1088333
  • S2W: More survey work (hopefully launching this week)
  • S2W: Legal and privacy reviews for consultant. Bug: 1087445
  • Provided feedback on India community-run research approach

Next:

  • Continue S2W legal and privacy review process. Bug: 1087445
  • Provide feedback on "Send Tab to Device" Bugs: 1007360 & 1088368
  • Draft research approach for First-Run Experience. Bug: 1042809
  • Planning for multi-screen ethnographic study?

sfranks@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1074443 - [UX] Design Spike: in-browser collaboration concept proposal (In Review)
Bug 1079489 - [UX] Design screen-sharing experience within Firefox Hello (In Review)

Done:

Next:

  • Growth Team experiment support (will write survey content)
  • EME support (animated icons)
  • New bugs

mmaslaney@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1079934 - [UX] In-content prefs - nitpick the secondary dialogs into shape (In Progress)

Done:

Bug 1055523 - [10.10] [UX] Investigate updating hover state for buttons in the tabstrip

Bug 1079935 - [UX] Harmonize the new style for about:welcomeback, sessionstore, and e10s crash pages

Bug 1083396 - Update the icon to the final version

Bug 1079905 - [UX] Consider alternate designs for Loop's green call buttons

Next:

Bug 1079934 - [UX] In-content prefs - nitpick the secondary dialogs into shape

Fix the alignment issues with the Hello icon

Review the inContent add-on pages

Fine tune the visual design for the Yosemite theme.

dhenein@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

  • Hello premium brainstorm meetings
  • Re-evaluated priorities on Hello 35 (rooms) to ensure we are still tracking towards screen-sharing in the medium-term
  • coordinated with Michael for new Hello branding/icons in Nightly
  • spent some time working around a legal issue with iconography in Hello
  • worked with Sevaan a bit on his screen-sharing spike
  • reviewed Philipp's contacts UX review
  • Catch-up on Project 105 background docs
  • Re-orient myself with 105 and especially opportunities presented by 1058

Next:

  • more 105 background/exploration
  • some Hello UX meetings for next few releases

mano@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 937560 - Introduce onDeletePages (In Review)
Bug 951651 - Initial support for PlacesTransactions in editBookmarkOverlay (and bookmarkProperties) (In Progress)

bmcbride@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1067903 - Autoselect first autocomplete result when it's guaranteed to be a special result (In Progress)
Bug 1070778 - Selecting a moz-action: result then typing more can result in "Search X for moz-action:..." item (In Review)
Bug 1071344 - Breakdown: create a plan for autocomplete improvements (In Review)

felipc@gmail.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 863514 - Electrolysis: Make gesture support work (In Progress)
Bug 1068360 - [e10s] Mixed content blocker doorhanger doesn't work (In Review)

Done:

  • bug 1068360 - mixed content notification - patch posted, fixing the basic here was very simple. I need to investigate a bit more when mixedContentChannel would get cleared or changed, to make sure it is the same behavior of the isMixedChannelAllowed flag. I imagine I'll need to dispatch an event from docshell and sync this information up in the parent. But this is not important for fixing this specific bug because the network code for mixed content still needs some extra fixing for e10s: bug 1084504
  • bug 1072287 - blinking tab titles - on last Thursday's e10s meeting myself and a few other people tried to reproduce it and couldn't any longer (everybody could easily see the prob before when we triaged the bug), so it was agreed that this bug is worksforme
  • bug 863514 - Gesture support - made more progress on this.. I'm basically converting browser_gestureSupport to work as a frame script. It's a bit more convoluted than expected because the code there is really generic (handling actions as named in prefs, etc.), and it also handles the OSX swiping animations (which are disabled by default but exist)
  • I did some coordination related to getting a SUMO article with screenshots about the automatic translation feature, because the promotional doorhanger that was rolled out with the first beta 34 includes a link to it. Took screenshots from FF on 5 different locales and submitted them to SUMO and talked with the sumo folks to get those approved. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/automatic-translation

ttaubert@mozilla.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 1070620 - Render newtab page grid and sites in a single step using a DocumentFragment (In Review)
Bug 1075450 - Private Windows shouldn't disable switch-to-tab by disabling all autocomplete actions (In Progress)
Bug 1077652 - Link a preloaded <xul:browser> to a newly created tab instead of swapping docShells (In Progress)

Done:

  • Bug 1067173 - The page with Tiles is not rendered correctly

Next:

  • Work on landing bug 1070620
  • Investigate preloader v2 regressions on Ubuntu further
  • Reviews

Coordination:

  • Bug 530209 is blocking my bug 1075450. I will wait for that patch to land there before continuing my work.

irving@mozilla.com last week

Done:

Thanksgiving Holiday

Perf:

Thunderbird:

Next:

  • r? on bug 1075153
  • follow up on AsyncShutdown crashes
  • Self-support bug 1075154
  • Start discussion of startup cache removal/replacement ideas

Coordination:

AsyncShutdown crash work is high priority but unknown effort.

randersen@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Provided feedback on bug 852247 — Force over-ride zoom
  • Was brought up to speed with Yuan on Launcher
  • Went over 105 mocks with Anthony and what's happening in this sprint
  • Final touches on N2R landing page
  • Project 105

Next:

  • Project 105 ideas for next sprint
  • Mobile UX work week prep
  • Exploring task continuity ideas

rfeeley@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Firefox Account-enhanced Browser Profiles mockups
  • FFOS Backup & Flow user flows

Next:

  • FFOS Backup & Flow user flows
  • Awesomerbar with detailed history
  • Password manager explorations

shorlander@mozilla.com 4 weeks ago

Bugs:

Bug 1064257 - [UX] Unify and improve behavior of doorhanger dialogs (In Progress)

Done:

  • Search Stuff
  • Panic Button and Apps Icons
  • Bug Review/Feedback Catch-up
  • DevTools Stuff
  • Panel Stuff
  • Meetings!

Next:

  • Icons for SVG ⋆✸✴︎MAGIC!✴︎✸⋆
  • Panels

mhoye@mozilla.com last month

Done:

Met about Bugzilla-DB dumps, got the information I'll need to see to their resurrection. Pursuing that.

Coordinating with Kyle about elasticsearch and the new-contributor-patch egg-timer idea. He's respinning an old patch-status dashboard for it - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1074210 - and I'm setting up a 'bot for interested people and #notification

Got feedback about Firefox And The Academy post, put it up.

Email, endless email. Patching all the machines I own, because free software is sometimes cruel.

Next:

Kill my inbox Add leverage numbers to areweeveryoneyet a small number of straggler planet bugs. Figure out what the uptake of StartMozilla bugs is.

gfritzsche@mozilla.com last month

Bugs:

Bug 1036693 - Plugin Whitelist Request: Novell iPrint Client (2 plugins) (Not Started)
Bug 1051772 - plugin whitelist request: Cisco VGConnect plugin (Not Started)
Bug 1064333 - Add stable user id to telemetry ping (In Review)
Bug 1067989 - Unify some more binary search uses (In Review)

Done:

  • telemetry stable user id
  • stuff

Next:

  • bug 917918 cleanup
  • plugin whitelist bugs
  • maybe check into telemetry unification phase 2 a bit

benjamin@smedbergs.us last month

Bugs:

Bug 791244 - Undo the pref for the temporary hangserver for beta channels until Socorro is awesome (In Review)
Bug 1053745 - Include OpenH264 plugin in FHR data (In Review)
Bug 1053746 - Add telemetry probes for OpenH264 plugin (Not Started)

Done:

Firefox work week!

  • Desktop platform team announcement; now working with rstrong and vladan and their teams!
  • Switch nightly/aurora back to the main socorro instead of the "skunky" one which was supposed to die in early 2013.
  • Add OpenH264 details into FHR

Next:

  • Hiring plan
  • Add OpenH264 details into telemetry payload
  • Project prioritizing - need to figure out short-term plan for self-support project

gps@mozilla.com last month

Bugs:

Bug 1042394 - Firefox self-support high-level plan (Not Started)

Done:

  • Switched managers and organizations

Next:

  • Start reporting to Laura Thomson and begin my new role as a "Developer Productivity Engineer"

gijs@mozilla.com 2 months ago

Done:

  • More dealing with location bar work (see deps of bug 693808)
  • Still looking at some Yosemite things. Met with mstange and mmaslaney, have plan of attack for titlebar transparency. Looking at joining in on some of the cocoa work so we can push to have this ready for the initial yosemite release or shortly afterwards, to counter our reputation of lag on implementing OS X changes
  • Reviews. So many reviews.
  • Bug 1004418 landed with some hiccups, but stuck in the end.
  • Patched bug 1048857, waiting for review
  • Investigation in bug 1021303

Next:

Coordination:

  • Waiting for reviews (bug 1048857 - paolo; bug 991757 - mconley, msucan/devtools)
  • Traveling a little today, please needinfo/email - working despite today being bank holiday (which I'll take some other day, TBD)

jwein@mozilla.com 3 months ago

Done:

  • Caught up with reviews and needinfos (zero reviews and needinfos)
  • Landed patch for bug 1048198

Next:

  • Working on bug 947574
  • Got review feedback for bug 1007336, which are requesting some significant changes/approaches. Need to figure out the localization approach for recommended theme licenses.

jmoradi@mozilla.com 3 months ago

Done:

IPP experiment:

  • First meetings w/ UX, Metrics, Marketing
  • Talked to bwinton re: Telemetry

Polaris:

  • holding

Next:

IPP experiment:

  • map out all possible scenarios.
  • regroup w/ Metrics, UX, marketing
  • Write our breakdowns for experiment design

Coordination:

Polaris:

  • awaiting instructions

ibarlow@mozilla.com 3 months ago

Next:

  • UX backlogging
  • Search work with Anthony
  • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

manishsmail@gmail.com 6 months ago

Done:

XHR:

Other:

Next:

  • Implement a basic synchronous GET request
  • Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
  • Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent

smacleod@mozilla.com 9 months ago

Done:

  • Mostly worked on the Firefox 25 Session Restored regression Bug 959130 and related bugs

Next:

  • Bug 967028 - history.pushState() and .replaceState() don't invalidate shistory
  • Finish up work on regression
  • Fixup last few Session Store bugs on my plate
  • Start into Desktop backlog?

mconley@mozilla.com 9 months ago

Done:

  • Bigass holiday + work week!
  • Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
  • Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
  • Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)

Next:

  • Put the patch for bug 930094 up for review, and file follow-ups for lightweight theme support
  • Get patch for bug 962677 into a reviewable state, reviewed and landed
  • A healthy mix of finding more ways of speeding up the customize mode transition, filing bugs for them, and fixing those bugs.

Coordination:

  • bwinton and I are meeting with Alina Hua and (maybe) Alex Fowler to make sure the BrowserUITelemetry stuff isn't somehow violating our privacy policy.

pamadini@mozilla.com 12 months ago

Done:

  • Downloads: Compatibility of the API modules with B2G (see bug 926955)
  • Logins: Rework DeferredTask to allow asynchronous tasks (bug 940408)

Next:

  • Logins: Remove main-thread I/O (bug 853549)
  • Promises: Investigate using DOM promises instead of "Promise.jsm"
  • Downloads: API extensibility (bug 899013), decommissioning (bug 851471)

mhammond@mozilla.com 12 months ago

Done:

testing, testing, 1..2..3..

  • Work on e10s test infrastructure
  • Work on Sync.Next tests

Next:

testing, testing, 4..5..6..

mdeboer@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
  • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
  • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
  • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
  • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

Next:

  • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
  • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
  • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

enndeakin@gmail.com last year

Done:

908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in

Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.

scaraveo@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • worked out new approach for patches in case remote frameworker doesnt land
  • small stuff landed, still working towards finishing out bug 889427
  • partner meetings

Next:

  • possible slight changes to ux for socialmarks button

fgomes@mozilla.com last year

Done:

Done:

  • bug 851466 - Import downloads.sqlite to downloads.json
    • Started working in this bug, posted a wip v1 and worked through the feedback for a v2
  • Various reviews and feedback and working with e10s folks
  • bug 516753 - Refactor context area menu for e10s
  • bug 899222 - About:home for e10s
  • bug 897062 - Middle click support for e10s
  • bug 896748 - Notification request box
  • bug 902695 - Implement openURIInFrame
  • bug 895957 - goDoCommand
  • bug 903184 - Disable more FullZoom code
  • bug 786407 - Fix UninstallString for webapps installer
  • bug 902048 - Use getOuterWindowWithId in webappsui.jsm
  • bug 901757 - Create file with correct permissions in webapps installer

mak@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • Landed on UX Bug 855805 - Create the Bookmarks widget with subview
  • Experimental patch in Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results.
  • Gone through Downloads Panel feature recent feedback
  • Review Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
  • Review Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
  • Feedback Bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
  • Review Bug 874814 - (OMTConnectionClose) [Storage] Implement OMT AsyncClose()
  • Feedback Bug 891303 - Async-friendly transaction manager for Places
  • Review Bug 895839 - Remove support for binary annotations
  • Feedback Bug 895907 - Aero selection styling bottom border is too much bright
  • Review Bug 896193 - Adopt Promises in mozIAsyncLivemarks

Next:

  • Handle Reviews/Feedback backlog
  • Fix tests for Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results

mozilla@noorenberghe.ca last year

Done:

  • Australis perf: * Bug 894099 - Felipe advised me on nsWindow::ClientMarginHitTestPoint. Gijs took over last night. * Search box impact * cost of new CSS * impact of dirty localstore.rdf on talos * impact of bookmark button * Bug 688534 - fix graph server to order by build time instead of job queue time
  • Bug 583578 - form history fix for readonly/disabled username fields - affects login.mozilla.org
  • Bug 894796 - Fix for Bas' recording tool so it doesn't stop early
  • Investigated bug 855275 which may be caused by a regression related to window.close
  • Quickly looked into bug 896276. User is being asked to reset because we believe he hadn't used his profile in over 60 days. Our nsIStartup code thinks his process startup time is in the year 2099 intermittently.
  • Reviews

Next:

Australis perf

  • Reviewing numbers from perf try pushes
  • Spriting
  • CSS perf

jaws@mozilla.com last year

Done:

Landed on UX:

  • Bug 895724 - Remove reload-button and stop-button from browser.xul since they are not needed anymore
  • Bug 895778 - Optimize code path of CustomizableUIInternal.registerToolbar

Up for review:

  • Bug 896291 - "Close other tabs" should show the confirmation dialog if the number of tabs is greater than browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
  • Bug 896157 - Optimize the CustomizableUIInternal.setLocationAttributes function

Build a focused profiler for CustomizableUI and shared it with mconley so we can measure perf changes between optimizations. Will blog about it.

Next:

  • Contact someone from the layout team about a dirty nsIReflowObserver
  • Need to start reaching out to other people to see what possible ideas they may have for fixing perf of WinXP tpaint.

dolske@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • Another round of Australis prioritization triage
  • wontfix'd bug 893065 and bug 893013
  • Met with rel-mgmt, support, QA to talk about Australis compat impact with addons
  • Updated patch for bug 355063
  • Lots of other Australis stuff

gavin@gavinsharp.com last year

Done:

Next:

  • Blog post about work week
  • finalize Q3 goals

tabraldes@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • Implemented review comments for bug 795832 - synthesized input events
  • Thought of and implemented a way to avoid SetCursorPos in bug 795832
  • Attempted to get on-screen keyboard to appear by synthesizing click in URL bar
    • That didn't work, so tested manually clicking in URL bar
    • Filed bug 809629 about clicking in URL bar not showing soft keyboard - turns out this is expected behavior
  • Submitted, backed out, fixed, resubmitted patch for bug 795832
  • Switched to building locally with VS2010, switched to building release builds
  • Debugged remaining issue with metro chrome tests; browser hangs while unloading a DLL during shutdown, but log is written
  • Implementing chrome tests
    • Updated browser_context_ui.js to test right-click interaction with context UI

Next:

  • More tests! I'll be going through browser/metro/base/tests/fennectests and porting them to metro

mozilla@kewis.ch

Done:

Next:

  • More OBM provider compatibility updates
  • GData Provider Tasks, bug 493389
  • The new Lightning webpage is progressing!
  • Find out how we can use SUMO with Lightning
  • Work on moving Lightning betas/nightlys to Thunderbird builders, bug 793628

kairo@kairo.at

Done:

  • Followed Adobe ramp up the pace of 11.4 beta beta releases towards the final release of this version.
  • Discussed bsmedberg's proposal to revamp hang reporting.
  • Kept a closer eye on mobile stability while Naoki is away.
  • Did some preliminary testing of a staged version of Socorro with rapid beta / by-build reporting support.
  • Also there, tested additional fields appearing in UI for single crash reports.
  • Replaced clunky handling of throttling in my explosiveness reports.
  • Made some of the data gathering for my reports automatically know about new versions by just querying Socorro data and made crashes per build recognize ESR.
  • As usual, watched new/rising crashes, caring that bugs are filed where needed, and made sure my custom reports keep working well.
  • Reviewed some comm-central ports of build system improvements (bug 727406, bug 781446).
  • Reviewed some German L10n work on Mozilla-16-cycle builds of Thunderbird, Firefox for Android and Firefox for desktop.
  • More work on the 2.12 versions of EarlyBlue and LCARStrek, matching the Mozilla 15 train.

Next:

  • Find out a good way to do our MozCamp session.
  • Keep track of progress on B2G crash reporting.
  • More work on statistics for Flash 11.3/11.4 stability and general tracking of their stability status.
  • Try to find time to get Data Manager web storage panel into shape (bug 588415).
  • Figure out where the problem with search bar "fields" patch lies (bug 643172).
  • Maybe find some time or a volunteer to make Lantea Maps more solid.

sagarwal@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Getting Pymake working on Windows build slaves. To that end, fixed a large number of issues (too many to list; see bug 593585 and its deps). Pymake cuts down clobber build times on the slaves by 50-60 minutes.
  • Borrowed a Windows build slave to test Pymake out.
  • Landed patches to invoke cl.py as a native command when run under Pymake: bug 585011, bug 780508, bug 780612).
  • Misc fixes: bug 600522, bug 781431 + a couple of other small ones.

Next:

  • Work with releng to get Pymake deployed on Firefox build slaves, and then fix up whatever issues we see with Thunderbird.

pidgeot18@gmail.com

Done:

  • Struggled with OS X and plugin support, filed llvm bug 13546
  • _penter no-op patching support completed (needs tetsing on OS X)
  • Web front-end for viewing telemetry data on _penter coverage

Next:

  • Yet more clang plugins
  • Hack around llvm bug 13546 for testing purposes

ejpbruel@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Finished the direct proxy class refactor
  • Created an implementation plan for implementing Harmony modules
  • Found some dead code whilst writing a patch for bug 767059
  • Filed a patch for bug 703537
  • Filed a patch for bug 720619
  • Filed a patch for bug 771907
  • Filed a patch for bug 771908
  • Tried (and failed) to reproduce compiler error for bug 722555 locally

Next:

andreas@andreasn.se

Done:

  • Filed #763436, #763437, 763919
  • Patches for #727598, #761952, #748358
  • Graphics for #754658, 748358
  • Reviews
  • Testing and feedback on #562048, #763308
  • Fought #759744, but lost so far

Next:

  • Mono gnomestripe icons for Australis
  • IM
  • Australis
  • Finish of my calendar reviews with Phillip (I mean)

jmathies@mozilla.com

Done:

  • command execute handler prep for review
  • finished up xul fennec code base move. This is as far as I can get things until we work out the mixed platform/app resources problem.
  • fixed pymake/make issues with reg scripts.
  • fixed a bug with the dummy vccor dll that showed up with our builders.
  • upgrading local systems to new win8 release / VS tool set.

Next:

  • migrating metro code base to RC VC11
  • work with bbondy on any xaml interop removal fallout
  • hopefully finish up /browser integration near the end of the week, get elm zip installs functional.

dtownsend@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Submitted pdf.js packaging work for review (bug 740795)
  • Patched a problem on OSX with FAT filesystem profiles (bug 733436)
  • Patched a problem with restartless add-ons when moving profiles between machines (bug 744833)
  • Added some quoting for the extensions crash report annotation (bug 753900)
  • Thoughts on shipping the SDK in Firefox and problems with supporting other apps: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/SDK-in-Firefox

ddahl@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Work Week last week for Identity derailed some development

Made some progress on bug 673432 "Mobile implementation crypto.getRandomValues" - this bug also governs re-adding a crypto object to window on mobile platforms

Worked on bug 734076 - I have a working patch, there are some unanswered questions yet

Next:

More of the same

myk@mozilla.org

Done:

Next:

  • dig into Apps front-end and platform requirements

Coordination:

  • in MV Wednesday

margaret.leibovic@gmail.com

Done:

  • Site settings menuitem (bug 706876)
  • Click-to-play plugins follow-ups

Next:

  • Form autocomplete follow-ups (dependencies set on bug 695444)
  • Random bug fixing

Coordination:

  • PTO next week. Back January 4.

me@shawnwilsher.com

Done:

  • Reviewed bug 699051 - Track slow sql queries on main thread + send them in via telemetry
  • Reviewed bug 465299 - mozStorageStatementWrapper::Initialize should check statement state/validity
  • Reviewed bug 702815 - Maintain a list of open SQLite connections
  • Reviewed bug 703143 - Use a memory multi-reporter for SQLite's per-connection reporting
  • Reviewed bug 557047 - Replace mailnews specific ifdef (MOZ_MAIL_NEWS) in cookie code with tests for a protocol flag

ludovic@mozilla.com

Done:

  • started organizing Testing event for both * Thunderbird 10 - mail sent to tb-testers , post on mozillazine * Lightning
  • Blocked 20+ users on https://identi.ca/group/thunderbird , need to clean the group more
  • Draft blog post for the calendar blog

Next:

mozilla@davidbienvenu.org

Done:

  • Reviews and Driving
  • Vacation!
  • All Hands
  • Had some discussions over e-mail with Florian about IM TB integration
  • Started discussion with B2G folks about e-mail in B2G
  • Attended Privacy Friends kick-off meeting
  • fix moz-central bug 687319 spell check dialog for mailnews broken
  • Put up new pluggable store patch for review, addressed a bunch of Neil's excellent review comments
  • Cleaned up moderation backlog on dev-apps-thunderbird
  • make local folder search reparse folders in the case of missing summary files, bug 682731
  • remove xpcom proxies from ab import, part of bug 675407
  • fix bug 503193, keep trying to send messages in outbox when one send fails, part of work to turn send in background on by default
  • remove proxying of ldap message listener during smime cert fetching, part of bug 675407
  • get rid of libmime's use of xpcom proxying, part of bug 675407
  • fix local tag loss with condstore servers, bug 678148
  • remove xpcom proxy use from mailnews import, part of bug 675407
  • fix bug 675598, list reply fails if any identity is missing an e-mail address,
  • fix issue sending inline images when e-mail address of identity has whitespace, bug 685462
  • part of bug 668869 - port ffox work to lazily load libxul to speed up start-up perf and remove wrapper startup script
  • make message sending scriptable, bug 679476
  • fix bug 688991 plaintext part not sent when sending both plain and rich text
  • Coordination:

  • Scheduled trip to Toronto
  • Callek@gmail.com

    Done:

    ;Fixed *{{bug|688357}}, fix SeaMonkey Windows Build Failure due to Bug 648581. *{{bug|680113}} - Select Add-ons dialog lists distribution add-ons as installed by the user *{{bug|687797}} - Bring CentOS 5 Linux Slaves up to date based on MoCo puppet configs. *{{bug|680200}} - Add fi to Venkman all-locales

    Next:

    ;Working On *{{bug|684537}} - Port Bug 626949 |Sync UI: Style generic change dialogs like the setup and Add a Device wizards| to suite *{{bug|688682}} - Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.4 Final Release *{{bug|688958}} - Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.4 MU ;Pending Review *{{bug|653424}} - need to add comm-2.0 and releases/comm-{aurora,beta} to MXR ;Pending Approval(s) ;Stalled on others *Pulse potential on master (needs username/password setup) ({{bug|686802}}) *{{bug|686771}} - Grant Callek access to push to l10n repositories. ;Major TODO *{{bug|688951}} - Build/Release SeaMonkey 2.5 Beta 1 *Update build machine software, including buildbot itself. *Update build machine custom code to latest. *Start using the newer release automation code. *Get SeaMonkey test machines green on trunk ;Lesser TODO's *{{bug|675115}} - Add mozilla-release to MXR

    mbanner@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Reviews
    • Miramar tree set up and running
    • Thunderbird 5 Beta released
    • Various release co-ordination driving, and setting up of trees etc.

    Next:

    • Reviews and L10n approvals
    • Miramar driving, 2nd beta
    • Flag setting up
    • Get Aurora channel started and running

    honzab.moz@firemni.cz

    Done:

    (Extremely busy week, so not much done)

    review bug 534764 review bug 623948 analyzes bug 637657 bug 637361 bug 638179 bug 638218

    Next:

    continue reviewing new http pipelining stuff from Patrick McManus start playing with bug 370886

    michal.novotny@gmail.com

    Done:

    • bug 604897 - Unable to cache small entries when CACHE00[1-3]_ is full
    • bug 599127 - Wyciwyg channel write's end up doing synchronous disk IO
    • bug 592422 - preallocate individual (non-block) cache files
    • bug 597224 - HTTP Cache: use directory tree to store cache files

    Next:

    • bug 614513 - Crash in nsCacheService::DeactivateEntry during Linux Talos ts_cold

    bherland@mozilla.com

    Done:

    bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

    bug #589296 (Crash in [@ nsHttpChannel::ContinueProcessResponse): lots of analysis and thinking

    bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): patch submitted and reviewed

    Next:

    bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

    bug #536295 (e10s HTTP: offline application cache) : review

    bug #575928 ("http-on-modify-request" doesn't work on "CONNECT" method): review

    bug #551447 (Avoid async writes to memory-cache) : fix

    bug #572557 (nsDiskCacheEvictor::VisitRecord() dooms used entries unnecessary) : fix

    Coordination:

    bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): waiting for approval

    bug #548406 (xpcshell-test causing leak in nsMemoryCache) : needs review (michal)

    rebron@gmail.com

    Done:

    • Helping some users w/ Tb upgrade, on GS, email, phone.
    • PR outreach (heads up on Tb upgrade).
    • Funnel cake prep for Wed evening launch. bug 582240, 589927, 589945, 589930, 589937, 589941, 589943
    • Some surveygizmo clean up - version 3.0 from 2.0

    Next:

    • Out August 25 through Sept 1.
    • Website upgrade planning w/ Boswell and Slater. A possible move towards mozilla.org/thunderbird and GetThunderbird.com to match mozilla.org/firefox and Firefox.com
    • Add-ons contest end of Sept? modeled after Mobile Add-on challenge https://developer.mozilla.org/en/mobile/challenge

    nth10sd@gmail.com

    Done:

    Patchlove till number #400000.

    Next:

    Patchlove for the rest of the bugs..

    Education: instructor/student coordination for potential student-projects..

    bparr.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    • Mainly worked on Bug 551274 - Update nsAddonRepository for API version 1.5:
      • Adds functionality needed for my current project
      • Adds a bunch of missing tests for AddonRepository.jsm
    • Landed Bug 558287 - Add support for searching add-ons on AMO via the addon manager's search bar
    • Fixed small bugs:
      • Bug 580379 - Move and improve CSS introduced in Bug 558287
      • Bug 578467 - xpinstall.whitelist.add prefs are not emptied when converted into permissions on startup with new profile

    Next:

    • Continue work on current project:
      • Begin showing new information from AMO in detailed and list view (temporarily storing information)
      • Begin work on back-end storage of new AMO data
    • Look into my other beta 4 and beta N blockers

    gozer@mozillamessaging.com

    Done:

    • bug 568471 - Move MoMoDB backups to the NAS
    • bug 564400 - SpreadThunderbird spring cleanup
    • Raindrop spring cleanups

    asutherland@asutherland.org

    Done:

    • Thunderbird 3.1rc1 * blockers assigned to me * crasher investigation support
    • (in process) wmsy widgeting manifesting system prove-out

    Next:

    • (in process) wmsy widgeting manifesting system prove-out
    • away.
    • all-hands.

    mnandigama.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.

    Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.

    Next:

    May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.

    Coordination:

    Working on winding down and hand-off of the tools/scripts I develop/maintain to A-Team.

    roland@mozillamessaging.com

    Done:

    1. looked at top 5 active topics
    2. SuMoMo 1.5 discussion with jsocolo and gozer
    3. quick design sketch for support wizard
    4. lots of other stuff :-)

    Next:

    1. active GS topics from march 16, 2010
    2. finish reviewing GS topics from last triage meeting
    3. test Firefox 3.6 SuMoMo 1.5.2 English on trunk.support.mozillamessaging.com
    4. test auto-config
    5. working at home until 1p.m., then office until 4p.m and then working tonight after 8p.m.

    vseerror@lehigh.edu

    Done:

    • lotsa postings on gsfn performance issues
    • gsfn suggestions to roland
    • normal bug triage
    • respin through shutdown hang bugs
    • recruited pop triager Rob S
    • recruited Mac crash bug filer MikeP Pasek (who is doing a great job) - he's picking from crash-stats
    • granted editbugs to MikeP Pasek
    • revised https://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=Thunderbird:Bug_Triage&action=history
    • new bugs * bug 546316 crash [@ nsXULPrototypeCache::WritePrototype(nsXULPrototypeDocument)] * bug 546429 hang after dialog alert Could not connect to mail server ... the connection was refused" - no cpu * bug 547344 windows startup crash [@ nsChromeTreeOwner::OnLocationChange(nsIWebProgress, nsIRequest, nsIURI)] * bug 547954 3.1b1pre shuts down unattended - windows dialog "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

    Next:

    • ensure all Lehigh Thunderbird 3.1 issues have bugs
    • nail at least one shutdown bug
    • consolidate drag and drop performance bugs

    philringnalda@gmail.com

    Done:

    • Fixed redo shortcuts for Mac and Linux
    • Fixed (hopefully) the last regression from single-package-manifest

    Next:

    • Get back on the review horse

    jzickerman@mozilla.com

    Done:

    set up TB build environment; download source; mess around with building; find out building is not necessary (fail)

    dascher@mozillamessaging.com

    Done:

    Spent the weekend playing around with a bugzilla->couchdb converter, so I can get stats more easily than I can w/ bugzilla. Making good progress on things like review-time, etc.

    Next:

    Iterate on momo goals and board meeting planning.

    kdangoor@mozilla.com

    Done:

    Can now build Bespin Embedded releases

    Next:

    Slim down the Bespin Embedded build (currently more than 600K compressed, but not gzipped). More docs Work on CommonJS presentation for JSConf.eu (I'll be giving the presentation at a2div this week.)