Mozilla Status Board

manishearth@gmail.com

Current Status - 2014-10-08

Done:

  • JSTraceable
  • Purging of Untraceable/Traceable
  • Improvement of macro getters, implement macro setters
  • Started work on

Next:

  • Form submission
    • Update LoadMsg to take LoadData instead of urls
    • Form data encoding
    • Form data collection
    • Tie it up and implement submission

Older Posts

Member of Projects

Team Posts

Ms2ger@gmail.com today

Done:

simon.sapin@exyr.org 5 days ago

Done:

czwarich@mozilla.com last week

Done:

(Long time since last update)

Next:

  • Dealing with libgreen / runtime removal from rust in Servo.
  • Helping futureproof Box and related features in Rust 1.0.
  • Moving graphics in Servo to a better state, particularly wrt surface management.

kmcallister@mozilla.com last week

Done:

Tons of workweek stuff

Gave a talk about macros & h5e

h5e perf testing

Drafted macro reform RFC

Next:

Get the macros RFC accepted and then implement it!

jack@metajack.im last week

Done:

  • worked on netvc-requirements
  • got skeletons up for netvc-testing, netvc-transform-prediction-coding
  • created netvc.github.io and got drafts building automatically
  • met with partners at ietf

Next:

  • portland planning
  • ietf followup
  • more work on gtk servo shell

Coordination:

  • out for vacation thursday and friday

mbrubeck@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Android build fixes

Next:

  • Continue work on off-main-thread parsing

banderson@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Wrote another TWiR
  • Gave LWN a heads-up that TWiR is back
  • Continued work on dist syncing. Almost done.
  • Fixed regression in version reporting https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/18846
  • jemalloc situation
  • Followed up on windows linker issue https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/18325
  • Reviewed rust/18797, 18833, 18832, 18860, 18603, 18917, 19015 cargo/816, 817, 828, 829, 840, 859, 842, 844, 861, 878
  • Merged RFC 380
  • Updated RFC pipeline
  • Inquired with Jason Evans about jemalloc
  • Rescheduled team meeting, triage meeting
  • Investigated security review process
  • Updated gdb on win64 bots https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/17540
  • Posted minutes
  • Restarted work toward retiring mailing list

Next:

  • Finish dist syncing
  • Finish release channel RFC
  • Reinstall mac3
  • Combined installer
  • Release automation

lbergstrom@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • We finally have an Android builder and it gates checkins!
  • Cleaned up Bors
  • Reviewed Android fixes - we also work on Android again!
  • Planning for Portland
  • Organizing some ARM-related stuff

Next:

  • Planning for Portland
  • Update buildbot pages / instructions
  • Set up an additional linux builder to get our PR land times back under 15 mins
  • Start looking at 64-bit ARM
  • Governance/committer agreement stuff
  • ARM Linux and ARM Android builder investigation

gwatson@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Landed rust upgrade.
  • Lots of fixes for android - it's now working again after the rust upgrade.
  • Modify Linux/Mac gleam to load function pointers.
  • Some more PRs to add features to glutin.
  • Investigate intermittent reftest failure on Linux builder.
  • Various reviews of gfx / layout code.

Next:

  • Continue glutin work - hopefully get a PR ready for Linux + headless modes.
  • Finish investigating intermittent reftest failure on Linux.

mrobinson@igalia.com last week

Done:

  • Landed PR crash fix for late iframe creation.
  • Landed PR for display-list optimization.
  • More work on fully-functional late-created iframes in Servo.
  • Uploaded a PR for a small compositor cleanup.
  • Uploaded a PR getting compositor support for late-created iframes.
  • Investigated panic!s related to race conditions between RenderTask and Compositor during page switching.

Next:

  • Work on a fix for the Compositor panic! as it prevents dogfooding Servo.
  • More work on late-created iframes.
  • More work on stale layout PR for statically positioned elements.

pcwalton@mozilla.com 2 weeks ago

Done:

  • Rust
    • Continued work on the opt-in built-in trait PR, adding a new lint to pick up forgotten "Copy" implementations.
    • Landed a patch that forbids small character escapes that expand to multibyte UTF-8 sequences.
  • Servo
    • Servo work week! Discussed lots of things.
    • Gave a Servo presentation at the Rust meetup.
    • Made a list of all Gecko sec-crit bugs I had access to and whether Servo's design would have prevented them.
    • Wrote a small toy browser shell for the Mac using CEF.
    • Prototyped a tiny proof-of-concept embedding of Servo into the Firefox UI via CEF. (NB: Servo itself is not yet embeddable due to Rust bugs.)
    • Implemented most of box-shadow.
    • Landed linear gradient support in Servo.
    • Landed microoptimizations for DList and StackingContext.
    • Landed inversion of control for the UI layer.

Next:

  • Finish opt-in built-in traits for Rust.
  • Tackle any outstanding P-backcompat-lang issues.
  • Try to get my Servo PRs landed.

josh@joshmatthews.net 2 weeks ago

Done:

  • Project planning with NCSU teams
  • Discussed future of iframes and the compositor in Servo
  • Wrote wpt tests for initializing events during dispatch
  • Addressed review comments for text input PR
  • Rebased FetchEvent patch against m-c and implemented request headers
  • Dug into the WPT web server on Mac issues
  • Prepped and gave talk on contributing to Servo
  • Mentored ebalint on getting canvas elements to display
  • Tried to get csswg-test running in Servo

Next:

  • Address FetchEvent review comments
  • Create a minimal rust-http + wptserve harness to isolate intermittent HTTP problem
  • Identify remaining SpiderMonkey upgrade action items
  • Address event dispatching test review comments
  • Land text input PR
  • Identify remaining CSSOM action items

Coordination:

The number of hours in the day.

manishearth@gmail.com last month

Done:

  • JSTraceable
  • Purging of Untraceable/Traceable
  • Improvement of macro getters, implement macro setters
  • Started work on

Next:

  • Form submission
    • Update LoadMsg to take LoadData instead of urls
    • Form data encoding
    • Form data collection
    • Tie it up and implement submission

cgaebel@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Lots of incremental layout work
    • sibling selectors are a thing, so mark siblings of a dirty node are also dirty
    • Word wrapping bug in incremental layout fixed
    • Fixed the bug where wikipedia elements drift down the page
    • Fixed the bug where freshly loaded images wouldn't trigger a reflow
    • Implemented incremental reflow (before it was just incremental style recalc).

Next:

  • Fix all the bugs with incremental reflow. There's some failing reftests, and I can't seem to be able to remove an image in javascript without having to resize the page to make it disappear...
  • Implement incremental display list sending.

pwalton@mozilla.com 4 months ago

Done:

  • Submitted a PR for associated types.

Next:

  • Implement where clauses.
  • Burn down more P-backcompat-lang issues.
  • Land all my in-progress PRs.

manishsmail@gmail.com 7 months ago

Done:

XHR:

Other:

Next:

  • Implement a basic synchronous GET request
  • Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
  • Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent

eschweickart@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • Initial iframe support with tikue
  • Presentation

Next:

  • Maintain iframe PR until it lands
  • Finish up a PR that addresses memory management in the compositor

tkuehn@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • Landed FrameTree changes
  • Changes in compositor to connect the multi-layer changes to the FrameTree changes in constellation
  • Some general code cleanup, especially in constellation.rs

Next:

  • Get layout to send iframes' assigned positions and sizes to constellation

Coordination:

Working with eschweic on the compositor changes. If all goes well, iframes will land this week.

eatkinson@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • assign_height is now partially bu instead of inorder
  • Type system enforces that traversal visitors can only view descendants

Next:

  • Work-stealing algorithms for tree traversals
  • Implement a Chase-Lev queue to do work stealing

Coordination:

Aaron Todd is working on a CLQ for the rust scheduler; we should avoid duplicating code.

pcwalton@mimiga.net last year

Done:

  • Removed copy from rustc.

  • Removed pub extern from the language.

  • Made @ take a 'static bound.

  • Started porting the visitor to use traits instead of @fns, with the eventual goal of removing @fn from the language.

Next:

  • Continue working on porting the visitor to use traits.

  • Remove @fn from the language.

  • OSCON Wed-Fri.