Current Status - 2013-07-02
firstname.lastname@example.org 3 days ago
- reviewed: Bug 1042135 - Revert do not track preferences to be a simple on/off switch
- reviewed: Bug 1070620 - Render newtab page grid and sites in a single step using a DocumentFragment
- reviewed: Bug 1088729 (Secure bug)
- reviewed: Bug 1031033 - expose privacy.trackingprotection.enabled in privacy preferences
- reviewed: Bug 1088704 - Fix potential browser_newtab_reportLinkAction.js intermittent failure
- investigated: Bug 1077174 - about:newtab search engine logo sometimes blinks
- investigated, feedbacked: Bug 1029889 - about:home should use the search engine [chooser/picker/switcher] from the about:newtab page
- feedback'ed: Bug 1080229 - Support API: implement notification bar API
- catching up with (bug)mail
- helped Alex with his presentation
email@example.com 3 days ago
- Bug 1048667 (new vsync) Discussions.
- Bug 1080160 (vsync telemetry) feedback on how to measure.
- Bug 1066701 (osx regression) feedback.
- Bug 1080770 (10% CART regression OSX) feedback. hard to get resolved...
- Bug 1087466 (newtab page should get into history) feedback.
- Bug 1088898 (8% windows paint regression) - hard to reproduce locally.
- Bug 1088903 (6% linux CART regression) - feedback.
CART had several regressions recently, but I've never been very happy with the test results, because the animation performance is very unstable...
firstname.lastname@example.org 3 days ago
- investigated addon_analysis job failures
- interviewed Alessio
- published blog post about the hw/sw distribution of our users (http://robertovitillo.com/2014/10/22/popular-hwsw-configurations-of-firefox-users/)
- had a long meeting with the chief of staff
- fixed some minor bugs in iacomus
- tried to get in touch with Kris Maglione
- updated medusa to use new public facing URL
- setup energia machine in Toronto and handed it over to Joel
- talked to jim chen on accessing the BHR data
- 1 day PTO
- EDA of BHR data
- more of the same
email@example.com 4 days ago
Back from Toronto.
- AWSY - Making sure that we can find build ids (in production).
- Bug 1089419 - AsyncShutdown crashes in OpenH264 - filed
- 33 Apocalypse - investigating.
- Bug 1056130 - We need a function to quit immediately without running any destructors - investigating
- Bug 1077795 - [AsyncShutdown] Maintain up-to-date information on the blockers for which we are waiting - strategy
- Bug 1057312 - AsyncShutdownTimeout "AddonManager: shutting down providers" - investigating
- Bug 1075134 - Implement MOZ_LSAN_ macro to indicate intentionally leaked objects - v3 (landed)
- Bug 1073992 - When closing windows one by one until quitting we should be able to revive more windows than max_undo_windows - review
- Bug 960959 - Error: SessionFile is closed - review (landed)
- Bug 1066701 - 2% osx 10.6 session restore regression on inbound (v.34) August 19th from bug 1050340 - investigating
- Bug 1068234 - Add a queue module to be able to handle multiple async queues without jank - mentoring
- Bug 1089128 - DOM Promise are too eager to call then - filed
- Bug 1082581 - Port worker module loader to use sourceURL - done (landed)
- Bug 1080466 - Add a setTimeout for Promise - mentoring/review
- Bug 1075438 - [OS.File] Get rid of method readTo - mentoring
- Bug 1088703 - Automatically offer custom search for websites that the user visits often - mentoring
- mozEdu 2014 - coding work app.
- mozEdu 2014 - securing hardware.
- mozEdu 2014 - securing reinforcements.
- Misc mentoring
- Welcome Wagon
- Job Interview
- mozEdu 2014 - communicate.
firstname.lastname@example.org 4 days ago
- Cont'd Project 105 explorations
- Cont'd Firefox on Tablets V1
- Looping in Gemma on Launcher, Onboarding, and Second screen
- Awesome screen improvements
- Doorhanger visual improvements
- Reading list/ Reader mode improvements
- Continue with Tablets work
- Figure out how to pick up Onboarding work
- Awesome screen improvements
- Project 105
- London WW prep
email@example.com 4 days ago
Bug 1079452 - Create an experimental Firefox build to test Awesomebar search suggestions based on UX design assets (In Review)
- Built a search suggestion prototype.
- Took some PTO.
- Device sharing flow mockup/prototype.
- Newtab search placeholder text.
- Probably a little more search suggestion prototype work.
firstname.lastname@example.org 4 days ago
email@example.com 4 days ago
- Growth Team experiment support (will write survey content)
- EME support (animated icons)
- New bugs
firstname.lastname@example.org 4 days ago
Bug 1079934 - [UX] In-content prefs - nitpick the secondary dialogs into shape (In Progress)
Bug 1055523 - [10.10] [UX] Investigate updating hover state for buttons in the tabstrip
Bug 1079935 - [UX] Harmonize the new style for about:welcomeback, sessionstore, and e10s crash pages
Bug 1083396 - Update the icon to the final version
Bug 1079905 - [UX] Consider alternate designs for Loop's green call buttons
Bug 1079934 - [UX] In-content prefs - nitpick the secondary dialogs into shape
Fix the alignment issues with the Hello icon
Review the inContent add-on pages
Fine tune the visual design for the Yosemite theme.
email@example.com 4 days ago
- Hello premium brainstorm meetings
- Re-evaluated priorities on Hello 35 (rooms) to ensure we are still tracking towards screen-sharing in the medium-term
- coordinated with Michael for new Hello branding/icons in Nightly
- spent some time working around a legal issue with iconography in Hello
- worked with Sevaan a bit on his screen-sharing spike
- reviewed Philipp's contacts UX review
- Catch-up on Project 105 background docs
- Re-orient myself with 105 and especially opportunities presented by 1058
- more 105 background/exploration
- some Hello UX meetings for next few releases
firstname.lastname@example.org 4 days ago
email@example.com 4 days ago
- Added networking syscalls to x86-64 rr, #1350, #1351, #1353
- Fixed recording
mmap(2)on x86-64, #1352
- Fixed replaying zero-length reads, #1357
- Recording x86-64 Firefox mochitests now works with rr!
- Moved some of the assembly language fiddling ("monkeypatching") to Python, #1357, along with stupid thinko fix, #1358
- Spent way too long figuring out how to do previous with recursive C++ templates. But learned that the compiler is an excellent detector of needed base cases with recursive templates!
- Made rr test more robust in the presence of rr bugs, #1359
- Wrote support for buffering syscalls on x86-64, #1360. This speeds up recording and replaying, but tests indicate that it's not quite right yet, tricky debugging required. Also, we don't yet buffer important syscalls like
- Read a nice series of blog posts about porting a spectral path tracer from C++ to Rust.
- Reviews, just a handful.
- rr debugging.
- rr syscall buffering for
- Try to get back to some Gecko patches.
firstname.lastname@example.org 4 days ago
Bug 1067903 - Autoselect first autocomplete result when it's guaranteed to be a special result (In Progress)
Bug 1070778 - Selecting a moz-action: result then typing more can result in "Search X for moz-action:..." item (In Review)
Bug 1071344 - Breakdown: create a plan for autocomplete improvements (In Review)
email@example.com last week
- bug 1068360 - mixed content notification - patch posted, fixing the basic here was very simple. I need to investigate a bit more when mixedContentChannel would get cleared or changed, to make sure it is the same behavior of the isMixedChannelAllowed flag. I imagine I'll need to dispatch an event from docshell and sync this information up in the parent. But this is not important for fixing this specific bug because the network code for mixed content still needs some extra fixing for e10s: bug 1084504
- bug 1072287 - blinking tab titles - on last Thursday's e10s meeting myself and a few other people tried to reproduce it and couldn't any longer (everybody could easily see the prob before when we triaged the bug), so it was agreed that this bug is worksforme
- bug 863514 - Gesture support - made more progress on this.. I'm basically converting browser_gestureSupport to work as a frame script. It's a bit more convoluted than expected because the code there is really generic (handling actions as named in prefs, etc.), and it also handles the OSX swiping animations (which are disabled by default but exist)
- I did some coordination related to getting a SUMO article with screenshots about the automatic translation feature, because the promotional doorhanger that was rolled out with the first beta 34 includes a link to it. Took screenshots from FF on 5 different locales and submitted them to SUMO and talked with the sumo folks to get those approved. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/automatic-translation
firstname.lastname@example.org last week
Bug 1070620 - Render newtab page grid and sites in a single step using a DocumentFragment (In Review)
Bug 1075450 - Private Windows shouldn't disable switch-to-tab by disabling all autocomplete actions (In Progress)
Bug 1077652 - Link a preloaded <xul:browser> to a newly created tab instead of swapping docShells (In Progress)
- Bug 1067173 - The page with Tiles is not rendered correctly
- Work on landing bug 1070620
- Investigate preloader v2 regressions on Ubuntu further
email@example.com last week
- In MV
- QA profiler tutorial
- Phone screen
- Phone screen
- PTO Oct 28-31
- Follow up on reviews, landings etc
firstname.lastname@example.org last week
- Self-support bug 1075153 - write mochitest
- review bug 1079312, bug 1038145, bug 1083880
- Feedback on Promise coding style in bug 1024677
- mentor/review bug 1003204
email@example.com last week
- Provided feedback on bug 852247 — Force over-ride zoom
- Was brought up to speed with Yuan on Launcher
- Went over 105 mocks with Anthony and what's happening in this sprint
- Final touches on N2R landing page
- Project 105
- Project 105 ideas for next sprint
- Mobile UX work week prep
- Exploring task continuity ideas
firstname.lastname@example.org last week
- Firefox Account-enhanced Browser Profiles mockups
- FFOS Backup & Flow user flows
- FFOS Backup & Flow user flows
- Awesomerbar with detailed history
- Password manager explorations
email@example.com 4 weeks ago
Bug 1064257 - [UX] Unify and improve behavior of doorhanger dialogs (In Progress)
- Search Stuff
- Panic Button and Apps Icons
- Bug Review/Feedback Catch-up
- DevTools Stuff
- Panel Stuff
- Icons for SVG ⋆✸✴︎MAGIC!✴︎✸⋆
firstname.lastname@example.org last month
Met about Bugzilla-DB dumps, got the information I'll need to see to their resurrection. Pursuing that.
Coordinating with Kyle about elasticsearch and the new-contributor-patch egg-timer idea. He's respinning an old patch-status dashboard for it - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1074210 - and I'm setting up a 'bot for interested people and #notification
Got feedback about Firefox And The Academy post, put it up.
Email, endless email. Patching all the machines I own, because free software is sometimes cruel.
Kill my inbox Add leverage numbers to areweeveryoneyet a small number of straggler planet bugs. Figure out what the uptake of StartMozilla bugs is.
email@example.com last month
Bug 1036693 - Plugin Whitelist Request: Novell iPrint Client (2 plugins) (Not Started)
Bug 1051772 - plugin whitelist request: Cisco VGConnect plugin (Not Started)
Bug 1064333 - Add stable user id to telemetry ping (In Review)
Bug 1067989 - Unify some more binary search uses (In Review)
- telemetry stable user id
- bug 917918 cleanup
- plugin whitelist bugs
- maybe check into telemetry unification phase 2 a bit
firstname.lastname@example.org last month
Bug 791244 - Undo the pref for the temporary hangserver for beta channels until Socorro is awesome (In Review)
Bug 1053745 - Include OpenH264 plugin in FHR data (In Review)
Bug 1053746 - Add telemetry probes for OpenH264 plugin (Not Started)
Firefox work week!
- Desktop platform team announcement; now working with rstrong and vladan and their teams!
- Switch nightly/aurora back to the main socorro instead of the "skunky" one which was supposed to die in early 2013.
- Add OpenH264 details into FHR
- Hiring plan
- Add OpenH264 details into telemetry payload
- Project prioritizing - need to figure out short-term plan for self-support project
email@example.com last month
Bug 1042394 - Firefox self-support high-level plan (Not Started)
- Switched managers and organizations
- Start reporting to Laura Thomson and begin my new role as a "Developer Productivity Engineer"
firstname.lastname@example.org last month
- got hit by a car so went for PTO half day to doctor
- investigated Jasper and tried to install it on mac
- got ev3 & some missing pieces needed for mechanics
- installed vm to compile node for arm & java code but finally figured a better way
- wifi firmware update/ wifi dongle finally working
- working ev3dev image
- had some trouble with kernel modules for sensors(still got some problems as drivers not implemented yet)
- built eva robot for preso
- started coding eva
- last week so probably finishing code for eva
- writing a preso
- making preso
- writing a blog about it
- figuring what next
email@example.com 2 months ago
- More dealing with location bar work (see deps of bug 693808)
- Still looking at some Yosemite things. Met with mstange and mmaslaney, have plan of attack for titlebar transparency. Looking at joining in on some of the cocoa work so we can push to have this ready for the initial yosemite release or shortly afterwards, to counter our reputation of lag on implementing OS X changes
- Reviews. So many reviews.
- Bug 1004418 landed with some hiccups, but stuck in the end.
- Patched bug 1048857, waiting for review
- Investigation in bug 1021303
firstname.lastname@example.org 2 months ago
- Bug 1043504 - Get mrjob / deorphaning working on AWS.
email@example.com 3 months ago
- Caught up with reviews and needinfos (zero reviews and needinfos)
- Landed patch for bug 1048198
firstname.lastname@example.org 3 months ago
- First meetings w/ UX, Metrics, Marketing
- Talked to bwinton re: Telemetry
- map out all possible scenarios.
- regroup w/ Metrics, UX, marketing
- Write our breakdowns for experiment design
email@example.com 3 months ago
- UX backlogging
- Search work with Anthony
- Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!
firstname.lastname@example.org 6 months ago
- Implemented a basic XHR webidl (followup PR)
- Read the XHR spec, and relevant portions of the fetch spec.
- Got a basic understanding of resource_task and script_task
- Implement a basic synchronous GET request
- Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
- Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent
email@example.com 6 months ago
- Bug 965373 - When the profiler stops it doesn't stop the EventTracer thread - Waiting for final review
- Bug 967635 - Add profiling hooks for all the major Talos Test - should be ready to commit, waiting for final test results
- Bug 986160 - Create unit tests for the Gecko Profiler - Waiting for a review on Benoit's fix for the gtest headers
- Bug 962262 - Use external structure padding to save ~30% of circular buffer space - committed
- Bug 867728 - Stream profiler JSON directly to a file - committed
- Intern Presentation
- Bug 967630 - Add an option to trychooser to select Talos profiling options - will get the frontend committed after talos is done
firstname.lastname@example.org 8 months ago
- initial work setting up power profiling
- lots of work on latency-benchmark, but 982748 as a result
- landed remaining conversions for testing/mochitest/*.json to mochitest.ini files
- reviewed a lot of manifest and talos patches
- did initial work to get browser chrome for linux debug running on ec2 slaves, 1 remaining bug 933860 is remaining for us to switch
- experiment more with power profiling toolchain
- develop short term goals for power profiling
- continue investigating into linux latency-benchmark
- start more detailed investigating of win7 and latency-bencharmk
- ensure we have a permanent or temporary solution to bug 933860
- sort out agreeable solution for b2g alerts and detecting the changeset
- make a pass through a 10 day backlog of talos alerts
email@example.com 9 months ago
firstname.lastname@example.org 9 months ago
- Bigass holiday + work week!
- Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
- Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
- Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)
email@example.com 12 months ago
firstname.lastname@example.org 12 months ago
testing, testing, 1..2..3..
- Work on e10s test infrastructure
- Work on Sync.Next tests
testing, testing, 4..5..6..
email@example.com 12 months ago
- Analyzing September font chrome-hangs for John Daggett
- Screened 15 intern applications, interviewed 2 candidates for summer internship
- bug 937707: Looked into 50% regression in hot startup time from November 1st, found a serious flaw in ts_paint
- Filed bug 936617: Create a cold-start Talos test
- Filed bug 936630: Create a startup test that covers session restore time
- Discussions: bug 869264 re 1000s of plugin crashes in my profile, bug 935482 feasibility of warning on all main thread I/O, bug 935680 new responsiveness benchmark
- bug 742500: Briefed Roberto on probe expiration project
- Helped Laura Forrest get perf improvement stats for the PR team for Firefox's anniversary
- Q4 goals planning
- Lots of meetings
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
- Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
- Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
- Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
- Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
- Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library
email@example.com last year
908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in
Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
- bug 903681 - tsvgx/tscrollx on trunk based branches
- inital pass at updating steps to add a talos test: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Buildbot/Talos/Misc#Steps_to_add_a_test
- bug 848358 - new talos test TART landed and deployed to trunk based branches
- private webpagetest instance is ready for use
- analyzed octane, found Splay and Box2D to be bimodal on Android
- recommended running 35 iterations to get 95% confidence in a reliable number for Octane
- cleanup talos suites to use filters and mozafterpaint correctly
- resolve issues for webpagetest instance: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/wpt-controller
- document finding for Octane, produce Android and desktop numbers for the platform meeting
- Investigate bimodal data on talos
- continue feedback on new datazilla.mozilla.org UI
email@example.com last year
- worked out new approach for patches in case remote frameworker doesnt land
- small stuff landed, still working towards finishing out bug 889427
- partner meetings
- possible slight changes to ux for socialmarks button
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
- bug 851466 - Import downloads.sqlite to downloads.json
- Started working in this bug, posted a wip v1 and worked through the feedback for a v2
- Various reviews and feedback and working with e10s folks
- bug 516753 - Refactor context area menu for e10s
- bug 899222 - About:home for e10s
- bug 897062 - Middle click support for e10s
- bug 896748 - Notification request box
- bug 902695 - Implement openURIInFrame
- bug 895957 - goDoCommand
- bug 903184 - Disable more FullZoom code
- bug 786407 - Fix UninstallString for webapps installer
- bug 902048 - Use getOuterWindowWithId in webappsui.jsm
- bug 901757 - Create file with correct permissions in webapps installer
email@example.com last year
- Ext4 transparent decompression v1
- Discussions are still continuing on the LKML
- Ext4 transparent decompression v2
- Traced a lot of ext4 code. Code makes a lot more sense
- Monday was a holiday
- Ext4 transparent decompression v2
- Experimenting with changing page mapping
- Code is clear now, so time to make changes
- Volatile Ranges
- Next patchset has just arrived, test firefox changes
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
- Landed on UX Bug 855805 - Create the Bookmarks widget with subview
- Experimental patch in Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results.
- Gone through Downloads Panel feature recent feedback
- Review Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
- Review Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
- Feedback Bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
- Review Bug 874814 - (OMTConnectionClose) [Storage] Implement OMT AsyncClose()
- Feedback Bug 891303 - Async-friendly transaction manager for Places
- Review Bug 895839 - Remove support for binary annotations
- Feedback Bug 895907 - Aero selection styling bottom border is too much bright
- Review Bug 896193 - Adopt Promises in mozIAsyncLivemarks
- Handle Reviews/Feedback backlog
- Fix tests for Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results
email@example.com last year
- Australis perf: * Bug 894099 - Felipe advised me on nsWindow::ClientMarginHitTestPoint. Gijs took over last night. * Search box impact * cost of new CSS * impact of dirty localstore.rdf on talos * impact of bookmark button * Bug 688534 - fix graph server to order by build time instead of job queue time
- Bug 583578 - form history fix for readonly/disabled username fields - affects login.mozilla.org
- Bug 894796 - Fix for Bas' recording tool so it doesn't stop early
- Investigated bug 855275 which may be caused by a regression related to window.close
- Quickly looked into bug 896276. User is being asked to reset because we believe he hadn't used his profile in over 60 days. Our nsIStartup code thinks his process startup time is in the year 2099 intermittently.
- Reviewing numbers from perf try pushes
- CSS perf
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
Landed on UX:
- Bug 895724 - Remove reload-button and stop-button from browser.xul since they are not needed anymore
- Bug 895778 - Optimize code path of CustomizableUIInternal.registerToolbar
Up for review:
- Bug 896291 - "Close other tabs" should show the confirmation dialog if the number of tabs is greater than browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
- Bug 896157 - Optimize the CustomizableUIInternal.setLocationAttributes function
Build a focused profiler for CustomizableUI and shared it with mconley so we can measure perf changes between optimizations. Will blog about it.
- Contact someone from the layout team about a dirty nsIReflowObserver
- Need to start reaching out to other people to see what possible ideas they may have for fixing perf of WinXP tpaint.
email@example.com last year
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
email@example.com last year
- Accepted a job offer at another company. This is my last week at mozilla.
a2e147b93af6 - bug 845277 - Asan builds burning with "js/src/jsproxy.h:346:7: error: visibility does not match previous declaration".
8db79d56a4b1 - bug 845613 - Locking issues in the write poisoning code.
64ccf95dc579 - bug 846298 - Misc cleanups to the write poisoning base/OS split.
00c6018cb20e - bug 846922 - Read late write stacks on windows.
- e01dd67088ebb124181ca55e3766ab4e056659d6 - Use a short timeout. In some cases we can get a lot of timeouts from the symbolication server. With the default urllib2 timeout the script would not finish in time (take more than one day).
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
- bug 839740: GTest is ready to land, waiting on review
- Continue to improve multi-threaded profile support in the UI
- bug 734691: Worked with snorp to add Multi-thread support to the non breakpad backend.
- bug 839538: Fixing up the tear down sequence for the layers refactor
- bug 779291: Reviewed the preliminary SPS rollup patch
- bug 839538: Fixing up the tear down sequence for the layers refactor
- Help with breakpad unwinding any way I can.
email@example.com last year
- Implemented review comments for bug 795832 - synthesized input events
- Thought of and implemented a way to avoid SetCursorPos in bug 795832
- Attempted to get on-screen keyboard to appear by synthesizing click in URL bar
- That didn't work, so tested manually clicking in URL bar
- Filed bug 809629 about clicking in URL bar not showing soft keyboard - turns out this is expected behavior
- Submitted, backed out, fixed, resubmitted patch for bug 795832
- Switched to building locally with VS2010, switched to building release builds
- Debugged remaining issue with metro chrome tests; browser hangs while unloading a DLL during shutdown, but log is written
- Implementing chrome tests
- Updated browser_context_ui.js to test right-click interaction with context UI
- More tests! I'll be going through browser/metro/base/tests/fennectests and porting them to metro
- Finished the direct proxy class refactor
- Created an implementation plan for implementing Harmony modules
- Found some dead code whilst writing a patch for bug 767059
- Filed a patch for bug 703537
- Filed a patch for bug 720619
- Filed a patch for bug 771907
- Filed a patch for bug 771908
- Tried (and failed) to reproduce compiler error for bug 722555 locally
- command execute handler prep for review
- finished up xul fennec code base move. This is as far as I can get things until we work out the mixed platform/app resources problem.
- fixed pymake/make issues with reg scripts.
- fixed a bug with the dummy vccor dll that showed up with our builders.
- upgrading local systems to new win8 release / VS tool set.
- migrating metro code base to RC VC11
- work with bbondy on any xaml interop removal fallout
- hopefully finish up /browser integration near the end of the week, get elm zip installs functional.
- Submitted pdf.js packaging work for review (bug 740795)
- Patched a problem on OSX with FAT filesystem profiles (bug 733436)
- Patched a problem with restartless add-ons when moving profiles between machines (bug 744833)
- Added some quoting for the extensions crash report annotation (bug 753900)
- Thoughts on shipping the SDK in Firefox and problems with supporting other apps: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/SDK-in-Firefox
- Work Week last week for Identity derailed some development
Made some progress on bug 673432 "Mobile implementation crypto.getRandomValues" - this bug also governs re-adding a crypto object to window on mobile platforms
Worked on bug 734076 - I have a working patch, there are some unanswered questions yet
More of the same
- xfer responsibility for proposal for HTML page localization in SDK-based addons to ochameau
- move to Labs
- appify a website and publish it in the Developer Preview of the Apps Marketplace https://apps-preview.mozilla.org/en-US/apps/app/egg-timer/
- conduct Jetpack Features meeting https://wiki.mozilla.org/Jetpack/Features/2012-01-27
- review and provide feedback on Apps goals
- dig into Apps front-end and platform requirements
- Reviewed bug 699051 - Track slow sql queries on main thread + send them in via telemetry
- Reviewed bug 465299 - mozStorageStatementWrapper::Initialize should check statement state/validity
- Reviewed bug 702815 - Maintain a list of open SQLite connections
- Reviewed bug 703143 - Use a memory multi-reporter for SQLite's per-connection reporting
- Reviewed bug 557047 - Replace mailnews specific ifdef (MOZ_MAIL_NEWS) in cookie code with tests for a protocol flag
- bug 614513 - Crash in nsCacheService::DeactivateEntry during Linux Talos ts_cold
bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion
bug #589296 (Crash in [@ nsHttpChannel::ContinueProcessResponse): lots of analysis and thinking
bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): patch submitted and reviewed
bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion
bug #536295 (e10s HTTP: offline application cache) : review
bug #575928 ("http-on-modify-request" doesn't work on "CONNECT" method): review
bug #551447 (Avoid async writes to memory-cache) : fix
bug #572557 (nsDiskCacheEvictor::VisitRecord() dooms used entries unnecessary) : fix
- Mainly worked on Bug 551274 - Update nsAddonRepository for API version 1.5:
- Adds functionality needed for my current project
- Adds a bunch of missing tests for AddonRepository.jsm
- Landed Bug 558287 - Add support for searching add-ons on AMO via the addon manager's search bar
- Fixed small bugs:
- Continue work on current project:
- Begin showing new information from AMO in detailed and list view (temporarily storing information)
- Begin work on back-end storage of new AMO data
- Look into my other beta 4 and beta N blockers
Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.
Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.
May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.
- xpcshell builds and runs
Can now build Bespin Embedded releases
Slim down the Bespin Embedded build (currently more than 600K compressed, but not gzipped). More docs Work on CommonJS presentation for JSConf.eu (I'll be giving the presentation at a2div this week.)