Current Status - 2013-07-02
Bug 1067903 - Autoselect first autocomplete result when it's guaranteed to be a special result (In Progress)
Bug 1070778 - Selecting a moz-action: result then typing more can result in "Search X for moz-action:..." item (In Review)
Bug 1071344 - Breakdown: create a plan for autocomplete improvements (In Progress)
Bug 1068009 - Implement the async bookmarking API for single items (In Review)
Bug 1081099 - Implement bookmarks notifications from Bookmarks.jsm (Not Started)
Bug 1081101 - Implement eraseEverything in Bookmarks.jsm (In Review)
Bug 1081102 - Implement batch fetch options in Bookmarks.jsm (In Review)
Bug 1081254 - Implement update in Bookmarks.jsm (In Review)
Bug 1081297 - Disable UnifiedComplete for Firefox 35 (In Review)
- bug 1068360 - mixed content notification - patch posted, fixing the basic here was very simple. I need to investigate a bit more when mixedContentChannel would get cleared or changed, to make sure it is the same behavior of the isMixedChannelAllowed flag. I imagine I'll need to dispatch an event from docshell and sync this information up in the parent. But this is not important for fixing this specific bug because the network code for mixed content still needs some extra fixing for e10s: bug 1084504
- bug 1072287 - blinking tab titles - on last Thursday's e10s meeting myself and a few other people tried to reproduce it and couldn't any longer (everybody could easily see the prob before when we triaged the bug), so it was agreed that this bug is worksforme
- bug 863514 - Gesture support - made more progress on this.. I'm basically converting browser_gestureSupport to work as a frame script. It's a bit more convoluted than expected because the code there is really generic (handling actions as named in prefs, etc.), and it also handles the OSX swiping animations (which are disabled by default but exist)
- I did some coordination related to getting a SUMO article with screenshots about the automatic translation feature, because the promotional doorhanger that was rolled out with the first beta 34 includes a link to it. Took screenshots from FF on 5 different locales and submitted them to SUMO and talked with the sumo folks to get those approved. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/automatic-translation
- Investigated correlations between add-ons and shutdown timings
- Blogged about it (http://robertovitillo.com/2014/10/16/correlating-add-ons-to-slow-shutdown-times/)
- Wrote a periodic mr job for startup and shutdown correlations
- Deployed a dashboard for startup correlations (http://mozilla.github.io/iacomus/resources/public/index.html#?config%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Ftelemetry-public-analysis%2Faddon_analysis%2Fdata%2Fstartup.json%26sort%3DEstimate%20%28ms%29%26base-date%3DTue%20Oct%2021%202014%26Limit%3D10%26)
- Deployed a dashboard for shutdown correlations: http://mozilla.github.io/iacomus/resources/public/index.html#?config%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Ftelemetry-public-analysis%2Faddon_analysis%2Fdata%2Fshutdown.json%26sort%3DEstimate%20%28%25%29%26base-date%3DTue%20Oct%2021%202014%26Limit%3D10%26
- Created an API for release versions
- Investigated medusa failure
- Write a dashboard that shows the configuration of the machines of our Telemetry population
- Write a dashboard that shows the popularity of add-ons for our Telemetry population
- Start to look into correlations between add-ons and BHR
(several weeks worth)
- Bug 1078015 - If the process terminates during a PR_Sleep, LSAN detects a leak - filed, prototype
- Bug 1016387 - Uncaught async Promise errors should cause mochi tests to fail - (landed)
- Bug 1077403 - Finish cleaning up uncaught Promise rejections - filed
- Bug 1075134 - Implement MOZ_LSAN_ macro to indicate intentionally leaked objects - almost finished
- Bug 1064821 - Throw Component.exceptions instead of strings in contentprefs - mentoring
- Bug 1083989 - Global browser-test.js should not import Promise.jsm into global scope - v1 (pending review)
- Bug 1082843 - Global xpcshell head.js shouldn't import Promise.jsm into the global scope - reviewed (landed)
- Bug 1080457 - We need a standard way to fail tests from non-test code - draft 1
- Bug 1081551 - Intermittent browser_net_autoscroll.js | A promise chain failed to handle a rejection: - at chrome://browser/content/devtools/netmonitor-view.js:1320 - TypeError: aValue.content is undefined - wallpaper (landed)
- Bug 1081549 - Intermittent browser_styleeditor_init.js | A promise chain failed to handle a rejection: - at chrome://mochitests/content/browser/browser/devtools/styleeditor/test/browser_styleeditor_init.js:74 - TypeError: summary is undefined - wallpaper (landed)
- Bug 1081548 - Intermittent browser_projecteditor_immediate_destroy.js | A promise chain failed to handle a rejection: - at resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource:///modules/devtools/projecteditor/stores/local.js:135 - TypeError: this.window is nu - wallpaper (landed)
- Bug 1081547 - Intermittent browser_telemetry_button_scratchpad.js | A promise chain failed to handle a rejection: - Protocol error (unknownError): Error: Got an invalid root window in DocumentWalker - wallpaper (landed)
- Bug 1019762 - TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochitests/content/browser/browser/base/content/test/general/browser_gestureSupport.js | A promise chain failed to handle a rejection at chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml:310 - TypeError: this.docShell is null - finished (landed)
- Bug 1081345 - A promise chain failed to handle a rejection at chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml:310 - TypeError: this.docShell is null - filed
- Bug 1081096 - Known failures should be displayed more prominently - filed
- Bug 1081048 - Calling code marked as deprecated (with Deprecated.jsm) should cause xpcshell failures - filed
- Bug 1020292 - defineLazyModuleGetter and defineLazyServiceGetter should cause test failures if they fail - I/O
- Bug 1078720 - testing/xpcshell/head.js, line 386: TypeError: _log_message_with_stack is not a function - investigating
- Work Week in Toronto
- Bug 1075438 - [OS.File] Get rid of method readTo - mentoring, reviews
- Bug 744100 - Provide an async API for capturing the next redraw - I/O
- Bug 1068234 - Add a queue module to be able to handle multiple async queues without jank - reviewed
- Bug 1076588 - Object.freeze() should return its argument with no conversion when the argument is a primitive value - reviewed
- Bug 1074747 - Async Generators - v1
- Bug 337927 - Fragmented downloads, apparently because Firefox does not pre-allocate space for downloads - I/O
- Bug 1083361 - Expose an API to track DOM Promise which are left uncaught - v1 (pending review)
- Bug 1082581 - Port worker module loader to use sourceURL - prototype
- Bug 1080466 - Add a setTimeout for Promise - mentoring
- Bug 1079454 - Investigate very slow test on B2G - investigating
- Bug 1078015 - If the process terminates during a PR_Sleep, LSAN detects a leak - prototype
- Bug 1061288 - Fix places where internal pointers to ArrayBuffers might move, currently marked by JS_GetStableArrayBufferData - review (landed)
- Bug 1076588 - Object.freeze() should return its argument with no conversion when the argument is a primitive value - design, reviewed (landed)
- Perf talk
- Bug 1044020 - [AsyncShutdown] Find out the duration of shutdown phases - attempting to keep ASAN happy
- Bug 1057319 - Whitelist metadata field "ShutdownProgress" - investigating
- Bug 1074353 - 'Reset Firefox' doesn't work if firefox crashes on exit - investigating
- Bug 987323 - AsyncShutdown crash: "SessionFile: Finish writing the latest sessionstore.js" - investigating
- Bug 1077795 - [AsyncShutdown] Maintain up-to-date information on the blockers for which we are waiting - v1
- Bug 1039500 - tabbrowser's _getTabForBrowser is very slow with lots of tabs - mentoring (landed)
- Bug 1066701 - 2% osx 10.6 session restore regression on inbound (v.34) August 19th from bug 1050340 - investigating (probably WONTFIX)
- Bug 1073992 - When closing windows one by one until quitting we should be able to revive more windows than max_undo_windows - reviewed (landed)
- Bug 1031298 - [Session Restore] Measure the number of startups in which all Session Restore files are corrupted. - mentoring (landed)
- Bug 1073513 - Closed windows are revived in the wrong order when closing them one after the other until quitting - reviewed
- Bug 1073502 - Sessions with an empty set of windows don't restore closed windows on start - reviewed (landed)
- Bug 506975 - [Session Restore] Write sessionstore.js less often when on battery - mentoring
- Bug 1081135 - Restore Previous Session opens multiple instances - reviewed (landed)
- Starting as Mozilla Guide.
- Welcome Wagon.
- Misc mentoring.
- System@tic event
- Bug 1083667 - Intermittent test_tcpsocket.js | test failed (with xpcshell return code: 0), see following log: - investigating
- Bug 1083507 - Cannot store pointer classes in ThreadLocal - filed (probably WONTFIX)
- Bug 1080073 - Lost 10% of my passwords since the conversion to logins.json - investigating
- Q3 report/blogging
- Q4 plans
- Bug 1075134 - Implement MOZ_LSAN_ macro to indicate intentionally leaked objects
- Bug 1044020 - [AsyncShutdown] Find out the duration of shutdown phases - make LSAN happy, land
- Bug 1077795 - [AsyncShutdown] Maintain up-to-date information on the blockers for which we are waiting - proceed
- Bug 1072352 - [AsyncShutdown] Not all timeouts should cause crashes - work on it
- Bug 1057312 - AsyncShutdownTimeout "AddonManager: shutting down providers" - see how I can help Irving.
- Bug 834545 - Implement History.remove - restart work
- Expensify Toronto
- Catch up on Welcome Wagon, mentoring
Bug 1070620 - Render newtab page grid and sites in a single step using a DocumentFragment (In Review)
Bug 1075450 - Private Windows shouldn't disable switch-to-tab by disabling all autocomplete actions (In Progress)
Bug 1077652 - Link a preloaded <xul:browser> to a newly created tab instead of swapping docShells (In Progress)
- Bug 1067173 - The page with Tiles is not rendered correctly
- Work on landing bug 1070620
- Investigate preloader v2 regressions on Ubuntu further
email@example.com 2 days ago
- In MV
- QA profiler tutorial
- Phone screen
- Phone screen
- PTO Oct 28-31
- Follow up on reviews, landings etc
firstname.lastname@example.org 2 days ago
Bug 1079452 - Create an experimental Firefox build to test Awesomebar search suggestions based on UX design assets (In Progress)
- Started trying to build the search suggestion prototype.
- Slow going due to Thunderbird summit and Yosemite upgrade.
- Continue trying to build the search suggestion prototype.
- PTO Wednesday PM/Thursday/Friday AM.
email@example.com 2 days ago
- Self-support bug 1075153 - write mochitest
- review bug 1079312, bug 1038145, bug 1083880
- Feedback on Promise coding style in bug 1024677
- mentor/review bug 1003204
firstname.lastname@example.org 2 days ago
- Bug 1078250 (tart/cart e10s compatibility) - few patches, landed.
- Bug 1078254 (newtab load time tests) - many patches, working well on non-e10s, major issues with e10s. Not sure yet if I should try further or dump it on fx-team (I'm afraid they won't get to it).
- Bug 1075243 (don't resize thumbnails for newtab) - feedback on status (postponed, will be reevaluated in the future).
- Bug 1077652 (new newtab preloader) - feedback, clarification, pushed, not sure if worked...
Bug 1079675 (measure newtab load in talos) - resolved duplicate, provided some info.
BUg 1021842 (graphserver - new formula) - feedbacks, few reviews, suggested formula refinements and UI, etc.
Bug 1050706 (talos e10s) - tested many tests with e10s summurized issues with each test, discussions.
- Bug 1078391 (e10s tests should report differently) - helped and simplified the goal a lot - landed.
- Bug 1082127 (e10s unimplemented moveTo, resizeTo for talos) feedback.
- Bug 1083919 (ignore broken talos e10s tests) - feedback, discovered that teh patch doesn't work.
BUg 1066588 (regression from e10s prompt) - came back, led to file another bug which felipe landed to disable the prompts again.
Bug 1036612 (talos MozAfterPaint used incorrectly) - feedback on patch - not clean...
- Bug 1080754 (talos osx revision breakage) - feedback, reviewed.
Bug 1076990 (talos updates) - reviewed.
Bug 1066701 (2% OS X 10.6 regression) - guidance.
- Bug 1065429 (OS X Yosemite UI fixes) - feedback on 10.6 regressions.
Bug 1081495 (50% WebGL regression on linux and XP) - feedback.
Bug 1048667 (new vsync dispatch framework) - feedbacks, discussions - how ASAP fits.
Bug 894128 (Windows scroll not smooth) - clarified vsync issues, status and future.
- Bug 1013064 (FxA master password) - clarifications.
- Bug 1058812 (breakage with rejected certificates with MD2/MD5 signatures) - feedback.
- Figure out how to land bug 1078254.
- Main thread UI hangs.
email@example.com 2 days ago
- PTO recovery (i.e. bugmail catchup)
- Firefox on Tablet's refresh V1 done! EDIT: not!
- Firefox Search V1 branding/partner bugs
- Bug 1084098: Clean up Sync Tabs panel UI
- Bug 1082110: Polish reading list UI
- Bug 847435: Style "Back" long-press menu
- Project 105 mocks/catch up
- Started planning for Mobile UX work week
firstname.lastname@example.org 2 days ago
email@example.com 2 days ago
- Provided feedback on bug 852247 — Force over-ride zoom
- Was brought up to speed with Yuan on Launcher
- Went over 105 mocks with Anthony and what's happening in this sprint
- Final touches on N2R landing page
- Project 105
- Project 105 ideas for next sprint
- Mobile UX work week prep
- Exploring task continuity ideas
firstname.lastname@example.org 2 days ago
- Firefox Account-enhanced Browser Profiles mockups
- FFOS Backup & Flow user flows
- FFOS Backup & Flow user flows
- Awesomerbar with detailed history
- Password manager explorations
email@example.com 2 days ago
- Prepared images for Hello blog post
- Mocked up partner brands in Hello 35 FTE UI
- Lots of needinfo's for Hello 34/35 re: copy, etc.
- First pass at Continuity Doc (https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/13VQp-0hrV-SIGF7S4xPDPOLdFYN50OUhbqzBzdrsUpI/edit#heading=h.l57gfxpgk88q)
- meetings re: premium and mobile themes for Hello
- co-ordination with partners on user research for Hello/Sharing
- background on Sharing work to Sevaan
- review of Philipp's Hello contacts review
- review of Sevaan's sharing proposal
- resolve some brand/legal bugs for Hello
- working with PM to prioritize remaining Hello rooms bugs against upcoming sharing work
firstname.lastname@example.org 2 days ago
- Fixed subtle bug in how rr recorded
- Fixed syscall-entering-checking for rr, #1342
select(2), and how exits work on x86-64, #1343
getgroups(2)and related UID/GID syscalls, #1344
- Fixed rr's gdb stub for restarting x86-64 syscalls, #1346
- Fixed some 32-bit-isms in rr tests, #1347
- Fixed a few networking syscalls and other miscellanies, #1348
- Banged head against problems with an rr test for
accept(2), only to have roc point out it was because I'd mis-categorized some syscalls from earlier patches. Hooray for an expanded understanding of how rr works.
- Reviews, mostly a big patch-bomb from glandium concerning the Android linker.
- Investigated some nasty threading races, still thinking of a good solution.
- Finalized flights for workweek.
- MemShrink meeting.
- 1:1 with Nick.
- More 64-bit rr stuff. Local tree has ~94% tests passing, big things left to fix are:
sendfile(2)(dealing with 32-bit vs. 64-bit)
- Some lingering fallout from x86 vs. x86-64 TLS differences.
email@example.com last week
- Met with Yuan/Received invitations to weekly Fennec meetings.
- Contacted Comms team - Justin O'Kelly is available to review our blog posts before publication (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Made changes to the S2W survey based on Bill's feedback. Moved survey into SurveyGizmo.
- Met with Carla (UXR intern) to provide feedback on her intern presentation.
- Catch up on things I missed while being out for a funeral most of last week.
- Review 2 new S2W proposals.
- Help Carla with her internal study on UR perceptions.
- Attend my first week of Fennec meetings.
email@example.com 2 weeks ago
Bug 1064257 - [UX] Unify and improve behavior of doorhanger dialogs (In Progress)
- Search Stuff
- Panic Button and Apps Icons
- Bug Review/Feedback Catch-up
- DevTools Stuff
- Panel Stuff
- Icons for SVG ⋆✸✴︎MAGIC!✴︎✸⋆
firstname.lastname@example.org 2 weeks ago
email@example.com 3 weeks ago
Met about Bugzilla-DB dumps, got the information I'll need to see to their resurrection. Pursuing that.
Coordinating with Kyle about elasticsearch and the new-contributor-patch egg-timer idea. He's respinning an old patch-status dashboard for it - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1074210 - and I'm setting up a 'bot for interested people and #notification
Got feedback about Firefox And The Academy post, put it up.
Email, endless email. Patching all the machines I own, because free software is sometimes cruel.
Kill my inbox Add leverage numbers to areweeveryoneyet a small number of straggler planet bugs. Figure out what the uptake of StartMozilla bugs is.
firstname.lastname@example.org 4 weeks ago
Bug 1073692 - Search suggestions popup on about:home/about:newtab should show each result according to its text direction (In Review)
- done: Bug 941428 - Breakdown - UITour: UITour.jsm not e10s friendly
- posted patch for review: Bug 1073692 - Search suggestions popup on about:home/about:newtab should show each result according to its text direction
- reviewed: Bug 1071448 - BinarySearch.jsm: Optimize the search algorithm a little
- reviewed: Bug 1032324 - about:newtab can't switch search engine if icon/logo/image is not available
- reviewed: Bug 1071638 - Add test to ensure there are no uninterruptible reflows when loading about:newtab
- reviewed: Bug 1058971 - [Legal]: text for sponsored tiles needs to be localized
- reviewed: Bug 1071635 - checkSizing() and onPageFirstSized() cause uninterruptible reflows
- reviewed: Bug 1071822 - update the learn more link in the tiles intro popup
- reviewed: Bug 1064515 - update learn more link for sponsored tiles overlay
- reviewed: Bug 1059591 - Incorrectly formatted remotely hosted links causes new tab to be empty
- reviewed: Bug 1071088 - Hover-area is cut off at the bottom of the tiles
- reviewed: Bug 1070022 - Improve Contrast of Text on New Tab Page
- reviewed: Bug 1062256 - Improve the design of the »What is this« bubble on about:newtab
- feedback'ed: Bug 1063710 - Make Reset Profile write the reset's timestamp to times.json
- feedback'ed: Bug 530209 - Prefs UI for what to suggest in location bar isn't friendly to additional items/combination
- discussion: Bug 1063704 - Update profile.jsm to report profile reset times
- investigated: Bug 1071558 - Middle and right click on search suggestions perform the search in the same tab on about:home/newtab
- filed: Bug 1073238 - e10s'ify UITour
- filed: Bug 1073247 - e10s'ify UITour tests
- estimated points for bugs in next iteration
email@example.com last month
Bug 1036693 - Plugin Whitelist Request: Novell iPrint Client (2 plugins) (Not Started)
Bug 1051772 - plugin whitelist request: Cisco VGConnect plugin (Not Started)
Bug 1064333 - Add stable user id to telemetry ping (In Review)
Bug 1067989 - Unify some more binary search uses (In Review)
- telemetry stable user id
- bug 917918 cleanup
- plugin whitelist bugs
- maybe check into telemetry unification phase 2 a bit
firstname.lastname@example.org last month
Bug 791244 - Undo the pref for the temporary hangserver for beta channels until Socorro is awesome (In Review)
Bug 1053745 - Include OpenH264 plugin in FHR data (In Review)
Bug 1053746 - Add telemetry probes for OpenH264 plugin (Not Started)
Firefox work week!
- Desktop platform team announcement; now working with rstrong and vladan and their teams!
- Switch nightly/aurora back to the main socorro instead of the "skunky" one which was supposed to die in early 2013.
- Add OpenH264 details into FHR
- Hiring plan
- Add OpenH264 details into telemetry payload
- Project prioritizing - need to figure out short-term plan for self-support project
email@example.com last month
Bug 1042394 - Firefox self-support high-level plan (Not Started)
- Switched managers and organizations
- Start reporting to Laura Thomson and begin my new role as a "Developer Productivity Engineer"
firstname.lastname@example.org last month
- got hit by a car so went for PTO half day to doctor
- investigated Jasper and tried to install it on mac
- got ev3 & some missing pieces needed for mechanics
- installed vm to compile node for arm & java code but finally figured a better way
- wifi firmware update/ wifi dongle finally working
- working ev3dev image
- had some trouble with kernel modules for sensors(still got some problems as drivers not implemented yet)
- built eva robot for preso
- started coding eva
- last week so probably finishing code for eva
- writing a preso
- making preso
- writing a blog about it
- figuring what next
email@example.com last month
- More dealing with location bar work (see deps of bug 693808)
- Still looking at some Yosemite things. Met with mstange and mmaslaney, have plan of attack for titlebar transparency. Looking at joining in on some of the cocoa work so we can push to have this ready for the initial yosemite release or shortly afterwards, to counter our reputation of lag on implementing OS X changes
- Reviews. So many reviews.
- Bug 1004418 landed with some hiccups, but stuck in the end.
- Patched bug 1048857, waiting for review
- Investigation in bug 1021303
firstname.lastname@example.org 2 months ago
- Bug 1043504 - Get mrjob / deorphaning working on AWS.
email@example.com 2 months ago
- Caught up with reviews and needinfos (zero reviews and needinfos)
- Landed patch for bug 1048198
firstname.lastname@example.org 2 months ago
email@example.com 2 months ago
- First meetings w/ UX, Metrics, Marketing
- Talked to bwinton re: Telemetry
- map out all possible scenarios.
- regroup w/ Metrics, UX, marketing
- Write our breakdowns for experiment design
firstname.lastname@example.org 3 months ago
- UX backlogging
- Search work with Anthony
- Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!
email@example.com 6 months ago
- Implemented a basic XHR webidl (followup PR)
- Read the XHR spec, and relevant portions of the fetch spec.
- Got a basic understanding of resource_task and script_task
- Implement a basic synchronous GET request
- Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
- Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent
firstname.lastname@example.org 6 months ago
- Bug 965373 - When the profiler stops it doesn't stop the EventTracer thread - Waiting for final review
- Bug 967635 - Add profiling hooks for all the major Talos Test - should be ready to commit, waiting for final test results
- Bug 986160 - Create unit tests for the Gecko Profiler - Waiting for a review on Benoit's fix for the gtest headers
- Bug 962262 - Use external structure padding to save ~30% of circular buffer space - committed
- Bug 867728 - Stream profiler JSON directly to a file - committed
- Intern Presentation
- Bug 967630 - Add an option to trychooser to select Talos profiling options - will get the frontend committed after talos is done
email@example.com 7 months ago
- initial work setting up power profiling
- lots of work on latency-benchmark, but 982748 as a result
- landed remaining conversions for testing/mochitest/*.json to mochitest.ini files
- reviewed a lot of manifest and talos patches
- did initial work to get browser chrome for linux debug running on ec2 slaves, 1 remaining bug 933860 is remaining for us to switch
- experiment more with power profiling toolchain
- develop short term goals for power profiling
- continue investigating into linux latency-benchmark
- start more detailed investigating of win7 and latency-bencharmk
- ensure we have a permanent or temporary solution to bug 933860
- sort out agreeable solution for b2g alerts and detecting the changeset
- make a pass through a 10 day backlog of talos alerts
firstname.lastname@example.org 9 months ago
email@example.com 9 months ago
- Bigass holiday + work week!
- Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
- Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
- Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)
firstname.lastname@example.org 11 months ago
email@example.com 11 months ago
testing, testing, 1..2..3..
- Work on e10s test infrastructure
- Work on Sync.Next tests
testing, testing, 4..5..6..
firstname.lastname@example.org 11 months ago
- Analyzing September font chrome-hangs for John Daggett
- Screened 15 intern applications, interviewed 2 candidates for summer internship
- bug 937707: Looked into 50% regression in hot startup time from November 1st, found a serious flaw in ts_paint
- Filed bug 936617: Create a cold-start Talos test
- Filed bug 936630: Create a startup test that covers session restore time
- Discussions: bug 869264 re 1000s of plugin crashes in my profile, bug 935482 feasibility of warning on all main thread I/O, bug 935680 new responsiveness benchmark
- bug 742500: Briefed Roberto on probe expiration project
- Helped Laura Forrest get perf improvement stats for the PR team for Firefox's anniversary
- Q4 goals planning
- Lots of meetings
email@example.com last year
- Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
- Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
- Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
- Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
- Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in
Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.
email@example.com last year
- bug 903681 - tsvgx/tscrollx on trunk based branches
- inital pass at updating steps to add a talos test: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Buildbot/Talos/Misc#Steps_to_add_a_test
- bug 848358 - new talos test TART landed and deployed to trunk based branches
- private webpagetest instance is ready for use
- analyzed octane, found Splay and Box2D to be bimodal on Android
- recommended running 35 iterations to get 95% confidence in a reliable number for Octane
- cleanup talos suites to use filters and mozafterpaint correctly
- resolve issues for webpagetest instance: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/wpt-controller
- document finding for Octane, produce Android and desktop numbers for the platform meeting
- Investigate bimodal data on talos
- continue feedback on new datazilla.mozilla.org UI
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
- worked out new approach for patches in case remote frameworker doesnt land
- small stuff landed, still working towards finishing out bug 889427
- partner meetings
- possible slight changes to ux for socialmarks button
email@example.com last year
- bug 851466 - Import downloads.sqlite to downloads.json
- Started working in this bug, posted a wip v1 and worked through the feedback for a v2
- Various reviews and feedback and working with e10s folks
- bug 516753 - Refactor context area menu for e10s
- bug 899222 - About:home for e10s
- bug 897062 - Middle click support for e10s
- bug 896748 - Notification request box
- bug 902695 - Implement openURIInFrame
- bug 895957 - goDoCommand
- bug 903184 - Disable more FullZoom code
- bug 786407 - Fix UninstallString for webapps installer
- bug 902048 - Use getOuterWindowWithId in webappsui.jsm
- bug 901757 - Create file with correct permissions in webapps installer
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
- Ext4 transparent decompression v1
- Discussions are still continuing on the LKML
- Ext4 transparent decompression v2
- Traced a lot of ext4 code. Code makes a lot more sense
- Monday was a holiday
- Ext4 transparent decompression v2
- Experimenting with changing page mapping
- Code is clear now, so time to make changes
- Volatile Ranges
- Next patchset has just arrived, test firefox changes
email@example.com last year
- Landed on UX Bug 855805 - Create the Bookmarks widget with subview
- Experimental patch in Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results.
- Gone through Downloads Panel feature recent feedback
- Review Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
- Review Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
- Feedback Bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
- Review Bug 874814 - (OMTConnectionClose) [Storage] Implement OMT AsyncClose()
- Feedback Bug 891303 - Async-friendly transaction manager for Places
- Review Bug 895839 - Remove support for binary annotations
- Feedback Bug 895907 - Aero selection styling bottom border is too much bright
- Review Bug 896193 - Adopt Promises in mozIAsyncLivemarks
- Handle Reviews/Feedback backlog
- Fix tests for Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
- Australis perf: * Bug 894099 - Felipe advised me on nsWindow::ClientMarginHitTestPoint. Gijs took over last night. * Search box impact * cost of new CSS * impact of dirty localstore.rdf on talos * impact of bookmark button * Bug 688534 - fix graph server to order by build time instead of job queue time
- Bug 583578 - form history fix for readonly/disabled username fields - affects login.mozilla.org
- Bug 894796 - Fix for Bas' recording tool so it doesn't stop early
- Investigated bug 855275 which may be caused by a regression related to window.close
- Quickly looked into bug 896276. User is being asked to reset because we believe he hadn't used his profile in over 60 days. Our nsIStartup code thinks his process startup time is in the year 2099 intermittently.
- Reviewing numbers from perf try pushes
- CSS perf
email@example.com last year
Landed on UX:
- Bug 895724 - Remove reload-button and stop-button from browser.xul since they are not needed anymore
- Bug 895778 - Optimize code path of CustomizableUIInternal.registerToolbar
Up for review:
- Bug 896291 - "Close other tabs" should show the confirmation dialog if the number of tabs is greater than browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
- Bug 896157 - Optimize the CustomizableUIInternal.setLocationAttributes function
Build a focused profiler for CustomizableUI and shared it with mconley so we can measure perf changes between optimizations. Will blog about it.
- Contact someone from the layout team about a dirty nsIReflowObserver
- Need to start reaching out to other people to see what possible ideas they may have for fixing perf of WinXP tpaint.
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
email@example.com last year
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
- Accepted a job offer at another company. This is my last week at mozilla.
a2e147b93af6 - bug 845277 - Asan builds burning with "js/src/jsproxy.h:346:7: error: visibility does not match previous declaration".
8db79d56a4b1 - bug 845613 - Locking issues in the write poisoning code.
64ccf95dc579 - bug 846298 - Misc cleanups to the write poisoning base/OS split.
00c6018cb20e - bug 846922 - Read late write stacks on windows.
- e01dd67088ebb124181ca55e3766ab4e056659d6 - Use a short timeout. In some cases we can get a lot of timeouts from the symbolication server. With the default urllib2 timeout the script would not finish in time (take more than one day).
email@example.com last year
- bug 839740: GTest is ready to land, waiting on review
- Continue to improve multi-threaded profile support in the UI
- bug 734691: Worked with snorp to add Multi-thread support to the non breakpad backend.
- bug 839538: Fixing up the tear down sequence for the layers refactor
- bug 779291: Reviewed the preliminary SPS rollup patch
- bug 839538: Fixing up the tear down sequence for the layers refactor
- Help with breakpad unwinding any way I can.
firstname.lastname@example.org last year
- Implemented review comments for bug 795832 - synthesized input events
- Thought of and implemented a way to avoid SetCursorPos in bug 795832
- Attempted to get on-screen keyboard to appear by synthesizing click in URL bar
- That didn't work, so tested manually clicking in URL bar
- Filed bug 809629 about clicking in URL bar not showing soft keyboard - turns out this is expected behavior
- Submitted, backed out, fixed, resubmitted patch for bug 795832
- Switched to building locally with VS2010, switched to building release builds
- Debugged remaining issue with metro chrome tests; browser hangs while unloading a DLL during shutdown, but log is written
- Implementing chrome tests
- Updated browser_context_ui.js to test right-click interaction with context UI
- More tests! I'll be going through browser/metro/base/tests/fennectests and porting them to metro
- Finished the direct proxy class refactor
- Created an implementation plan for implementing Harmony modules
- Found some dead code whilst writing a patch for bug 767059
- Filed a patch for bug 703537
- Filed a patch for bug 720619
- Filed a patch for bug 771907
- Filed a patch for bug 771908
- Tried (and failed) to reproduce compiler error for bug 722555 locally
- command execute handler prep for review
- finished up xul fennec code base move. This is as far as I can get things until we work out the mixed platform/app resources problem.
- fixed pymake/make issues with reg scripts.
- fixed a bug with the dummy vccor dll that showed up with our builders.
- upgrading local systems to new win8 release / VS tool set.
- migrating metro code base to RC VC11
- work with bbondy on any xaml interop removal fallout
- hopefully finish up /browser integration near the end of the week, get elm zip installs functional.
- Submitted pdf.js packaging work for review (bug 740795)
- Patched a problem on OSX with FAT filesystem profiles (bug 733436)
- Patched a problem with restartless add-ons when moving profiles between machines (bug 744833)
- Added some quoting for the extensions crash report annotation (bug 753900)
- Thoughts on shipping the SDK in Firefox and problems with supporting other apps: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/SDK-in-Firefox
- Work Week last week for Identity derailed some development
Made some progress on bug 673432 "Mobile implementation crypto.getRandomValues" - this bug also governs re-adding a crypto object to window on mobile platforms
Worked on bug 734076 - I have a working patch, there are some unanswered questions yet
More of the same
- xfer responsibility for proposal for HTML page localization in SDK-based addons to ochameau
- move to Labs
- appify a website and publish it in the Developer Preview of the Apps Marketplace https://apps-preview.mozilla.org/en-US/apps/app/egg-timer/
- conduct Jetpack Features meeting https://wiki.mozilla.org/Jetpack/Features/2012-01-27
- review and provide feedback on Apps goals
- dig into Apps front-end and platform requirements
- Reviewed bug 699051 - Track slow sql queries on main thread + send them in via telemetry
- Reviewed bug 465299 - mozStorageStatementWrapper::Initialize should check statement state/validity
- Reviewed bug 702815 - Maintain a list of open SQLite connections
- Reviewed bug 703143 - Use a memory multi-reporter for SQLite's per-connection reporting
- Reviewed bug 557047 - Replace mailnews specific ifdef (MOZ_MAIL_NEWS) in cookie code with tests for a protocol flag
- bug 614513 - Crash in nsCacheService::DeactivateEntry during Linux Talos ts_cold
bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion
bug #589296 (Crash in [@ nsHttpChannel::ContinueProcessResponse): lots of analysis and thinking
bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): patch submitted and reviewed
bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion
bug #536295 (e10s HTTP: offline application cache) : review
bug #575928 ("http-on-modify-request" doesn't work on "CONNECT" method): review
bug #551447 (Avoid async writes to memory-cache) : fix
bug #572557 (nsDiskCacheEvictor::VisitRecord() dooms used entries unnecessary) : fix
- Mainly worked on Bug 551274 - Update nsAddonRepository for API version 1.5:
- Adds functionality needed for my current project
- Adds a bunch of missing tests for AddonRepository.jsm
- Landed Bug 558287 - Add support for searching add-ons on AMO via the addon manager's search bar
- Fixed small bugs:
- Continue work on current project:
- Begin showing new information from AMO in detailed and list view (temporarily storing information)
- Begin work on back-end storage of new AMO data
- Look into my other beta 4 and beta N blockers
Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.
Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.
May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.
- xpcshell builds and runs
Can now build Bespin Embedded releases
Slim down the Bespin Embedded build (currently more than 600K compressed, but not gzipped). More docs Work on CommonJS presentation for JSConf.eu (I'll be giving the presentation at a2div this week.)