Mozilla Status Board

gavin@gavinsharp.com

Current Status - 2013-07-02

Done:

Next:

  • Blog post about work week
  • finalize Q3 goals

Older Posts

Member of Projects

Team Posts

bmcbride@mozilla.com yesterday

Bugs:

Bug 1065191 - Add test coverage for the style property of places autocomplete results (Not Started)
Bug 1067888 - Add autocomplete result type for searching via current search engine (In Review)
Bug 1067896 - Add autocomplete result type for searching via alias of a search engine (In Review)
Bug 1067899 - Add autocomplete result type for arbitrary URLs (In Review)
Bug 1067903 - Autoselect first autocomplete result when it's guaranteed to be a special result (In Progress)

Done:

  • Much PTO :(
  • Reviews
    • Bug 1061360 - Add support for using complex values (such as localized strings) in Preferences.jsm
    • Bug 1059620 - Convert XPIProvider to use Preferences.jsm
    • Bug 1063115 - grey out text for mixed content and tracking protection if the corresponding type has been disabled
    • Bug 1043805 - Blocked content doorhanger should show a large red shield when both types of protection are disabled
    • Bug 1043805 - Blocked content doorhanger should show a large red shield when both types of protection are disabled
    • Bug 1049142 - Don't scan unpacked add-on files when the add-on is disabled
    • Bug 1063698 - Add action to UITour.jsm for opening the Reset Firefox dialog
  • Needinfo
    • Bug 1039028 - Provide info when "Show More Information" is selected for the OpenH264 plugin in the addon manager
  • Done & Landed
    • Bug 1065303 - Prepare autocomplete.xml/UnifiedComplete for adding new special result types and heuristics
    • Bug 1065265 - Improve infrastructure dealing with moz-action: autocomplete result
    • Bug 1064130 - Improve handling of a11y labels for autocomplete results
    • Bug 1066358 - Improve how keyword autocomplete results are displayed

Next:

Coordination:

  • Reviews for autocomplete work

gfritzsche@mozilla.com 3 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1036693 - Plugin Whitelist Request: Novell iPrint Client (2 plugins) (Not Started)
Bug 1051772 - plugin whitelist request: Cisco VGConnect plugin (Not Started)
Bug 1064333 - Add stable user id to telemetry ping (In Review)
Bug 1067989 - Unify some more binary search uses (In Review)

Done:

  • telemetry stable user id
  • stuff

Next:

  • bug 917918 cleanup
  • plugin whitelist bugs
  • maybe check into telemetry unification phase 2 a bit

dteller@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Done:

  • Session Restore

    • Bug 1009260 - 2.4% Session Restore regression on Windows XP/7 from bug 984361 on May 9, 2014 in Firefox PGO (v32) - investigating
    • (many others of the same kind) - investigating
    • Bug 1039500 - tabbrowser's _getTabForBrowser is very slow with lots of tabs - mentoring
  • Places

    • Bug 834545 - Add new async removePlaces API in mozIAsyncHistory - v1
    • Learning in pain and tears how to rebase bookmarks with hg. Vaguely successful.
    • Bug 1064768 - History.cpp should use nsMainThreadPtrHandle
    • Places meeting apparently garbage-collected.
  • Shutdown

    • Bug 1044020 - [AsyncShutdown] Use the CrashReporter to find out the duration of shutdown phases - v1
    • Bug 918317 - [Async shutdown] Handle C++ code - got feedback (landed)
  • Async Tooling

    • Bug 1066619 - PromiseWorker should accept a Promise as a message - v1
    • Bug 1009799 - [OS.File] Optimize writeAtomic for very large strings - mentoring/review
    • Bug 1061891 - We can't check whether a nsMainThreadPtrHandle is null - v2 (landed)
    • Bug 1024525 - Add OS.File.appendAtomic() API - mentoring maintenance
    • Bug 1063635 - Loading osfile.jsm is slow - preping for mentoring
  • Test suite/cleanup

    • Bug 1064821 - Throw Component.exceptions instead of strings in contentprefs - review/mentoring
    • Bug 1061521 - Throw Component.exceptions instead of strings in about:memory - mentoring
  • Community

    • Plenty of Welcome Wagon
    • FirefoxOS launch debrief
    • Preparing documentation for phone salespersons
    • ask.mozilla.org
    • Reorganizing mozilla-student-projects.
  • Misc

    • Trying to convert avih to Promise + Task :)
    • Bug 1066002 - Out-of-the box, Firefox search should offer Marketplace and Addons - filed
    • Bug 1001836 - e10s: Immediate child process crash on Mac - dogfooding

Next:

  • Bug 834545 - Add new async removePlaces API in mozIAsyncHistory - proceed
  • Bug 1044020 - [AsyncShutdown] Use the CrashReporter to find out the duration of shutdown phases - proceed
  • Possibly FirefoxOS launch party

Coordination:

* Bug 1039500 - tabbrowser's _getTabForBrowser is very slow with lots of tabs - mentoring (waiting for review from Dao)

adw@mozilla.com 6 days ago

Done:

  • done: Bug 1054951 - Breakdown: Implement unified look for autocomplete dropdowns
  • started on: Bug 1066794 - Make the search suggestions popup on about:home/about:newtab more consistent with the main search bar's popup for 33
  • feedback'ed: Bug 1058435 - ContentPrefService should record the time a permission was added/modified, and offer a way to reset those changed after a specified date
  • feedback'ed: Bug 1063530 - Use keyword purpose when using the autocomplete popup for the default search engine
  • revisited, filed new bug, re-scoped another, added all bugs to priority backlog spreadsheet for 35.2: Bug 1062345 - Breakdown: Implement "Reset Firefox" from Mozilla websites
  • investigated: Bug 1063702 - Update all Reset Firefox strings and relevant UI to reflect improved copy
  • investigated: Bug 1066707 - Intermittent browser_sanitizeDialog.js | history visit http://0-minutes-ago.com/ should no longer exist - Got true, expected false followed by many more like it
  • filed, investigated: Bug 1066787 - Investigate converting about:home/about:newtab search suggestions to use the usual search autocomplete back-end and XUL popup
  • filed, investigated: Bug 1066788 - Make the search bar's autocomplete popup/tree's styling match the spec in bug 1054951
  • filed: Bug 1065525 - Add action to UITour.jsm for determining the user's Firefox version
  • filed: Bug 1066794 - Make the search suggestions popup on about:home/about:newtab more consistent with the main search bar's popup for 33
  • discussed options for unifying search suggestions and uplifting it to 33/34
  • interns

aklotz@mozilla.com 6 days ago

Done:

  • MoCo meeting
  • async plugin init: More greenage
  • bug 1067020: filed
  • bug 1067037: filed, tested
  • bug 937306: wrote patch, landed on central and aurora, beta approval pending
  • Flash 15 handles bug 768802 on their end, so filed bug 1066182, landed, uplifted to aurora. Also resolved bug 1063949 and bug 1061257
  • Discovered nasty interaction between this website and Ghostery that can jank Firefox to the point that it is unusable. Sent feedback to Ghostery via their support website.

Next:

  • Async init: Only a few oranges left to fix
  • Async init: Land "before" telemetry
  • Investigate potential follow up issues for profile unlocker mentioned by QA

sfranks@mozilla.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 1035587 - [UX] Design Spike: EME (In Review)

Done:

Next:

  • Inevitable EME Changes
  • Growth Team support
  • Moar bugs (TBP)

rfeeley@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • FxA marketplace integration
  • Synced tabs support

Next:

  • Password manager exploration with Cheng Wang via saved passwords
  • FxA activity notifications
  • FxA profile information
  • FxA identity sharing service (e.g. Marketplace)

randersen@mozilla.com last week

Done:

met with Karen and Anthony, went over N2R. met with Yuan re: my proposed Menu reorg changes and N2R.

Next:

N2R, begin filing bugs for Menu reorg. Collab work on Bug 1064998, Bug 1065004

shorlander@mozilla.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 1064524 - [UX] Design Spike: Session Management Feature (In Review)

Done:

Next:

  • Finish panic button spec

dhenein@mozilla.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 1044994 - [UX] Loop first run tour (Not Started)
Bug 1059851 - [UX] Design Spike - Explore a Room-based model for Firefox Hello (In Progress)

Done:

Next:

  • Tweak rooms proposal based on UX Team feedback

rvitillo@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Bug 1055546 - Automatize weekly Telemetry reports. - medusa deployed on my AWS machine http://bit.ly/vitillo
  • Bug 1067372 - Add more meta fields to Histograms.json - filed
  • Bug 1045108 - Forcibly set the expiration version for outstanding probes - landed
  • Bug 1045734 - Distinguish histograms whose expiration date should indeed be "never" from histograms whose definitions have never been updated - landed
  • Bug 1065395 - Run cerberus bi-weekly - filed
  • Bug 1061191 - Add alerting e-mails to some histogram definitions - landed
  • Mentoring Jeremy and Martin, our new data scientist contributors

Next:

  • Rewrite main-thread IO mr job generate data suitable for iacomus
  • Write a regression detection system for iacomus based dashboards

avihpit@yahoo.com last week

Done:

  • Bug 1019611 (GC API) - Finally landed this weekend after some pings by me and bsmedberg.
  • Bug 1022818 (SSOM - smooth scroll API) - tested a bit, think I found a bug, feedback.
  • Bug 1036068 (Update ANGLE (webgl backend)) - had talos failures, investigated, probably means this update has issues.
  • Bug 1059558 (newtab takes 1s) - discussed with roc and benwa, resizing is bad. Also experimented with ESR 17 - feels so light...
  • Bug 1063324 (short term solution for datazilla data) - kyle setup a system, helped in few iterations. Works, but very sub-production quality... :/
  • Experimented and familiarized with Promise (JS), async loops, recursions.
  • Gaming benchmarks - emails, turns out Khronos is not suitible for comparative tests. Experimented with few otehr benchmarks, posted some results (chrome is 20-40% faster on webgl stuff). mbest: "webgl/gaming is high on internal priorities".

Next:

Finally put my teeth into GC/CC telemetry.

nfroyd@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Reviewed bug 1039924, inventing a SaturatedTimeDuration for animations.
  • Looked over bug 1060738 before deciding XPCOM-ness wasn't required for review.
  • Skimmed through stuff for bug 1054403.
  • Other miscellaneous reviews.
  • Wrote blog post about XPCOM-ish things. Didn't turn out quite how I wanted.
  • Polished patch for bug 573192, fixing NSPR memory allocation policies wrt FDs.
  • Fixed silly bugs in patches for adding TEST_HARNESS_FILES, bug 976733.
  • Started adding x86-64 support to rr's Registers class, issue #1309
  • Wrote code for asking about properties of syscalls on runtime-determined architectures to avoid more SYS_foo usage, issue #1310
  • Started rewriting SYS_socketcall replacement patches for rr, realized some more infrastructure was needed first.
  • Started discussion about moving syscall information out of C++ headers, issue #1311

Next:

  • More syscall/registers stuff for rr.
  • More reviews.
  • Get outstanding patches landed.

irving@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Mentor bug 1063561 (AddonManager telemetry => Cu.now())
  • mentor/review/checkin-needed/land bug 1063559 (TelemetryStopwatch => Cu.now())
  • Mentor/review/checkin-needed/land bug 1056490 (addons.repository unknown type warning)
  • Find, file, patch, checkin-needed, land bug 1064424 (assertion in Cu.now() if called before GetStartupInfo()
  • Mentor, review bug 1003204 (remove CommonUtils.exceptionStr())
  • Request uplift for bug 995108 (frequent orange in browser_cancelCompatCheck.js
  • Update wiki description of commit messages at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mercurial_FAQ
  • file & investigate bug 1064480 (regression in telemetry XPIDB_SAVES_LATE); r? for telemetry data-gathering patch
  • investigate Bug 632290 (frequent orange in browser_about.js) again because of burst of mozilla-inbound failures
  • Post nit-picked patch for 1049142 (Don't do recursive scan for disabled add-ons)
  • Begin investigating bootstrap start-up performance of Adblock Plus

Next:

  • Mentor as necessary
  • Hopefully land reviewed bugs
  • Continue investigating add-on start up performance, focusing on JS file loading

Coordination:

Waiting for reviews on bug 1049142, bug 1064480

alam@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Progress on Tablet's UI (bug 1060413)
  • Revisiting 'Sync Tabs' Panel UI (bug 1064304)
  • Firefox Search UX overview with Karen
  • N2R project planning work
  • Better browsing project ideation meeting
  • Kick off meeting with Marketing for our Android Product page
  • Providing more screenshots for our PS page

Next:

  • Continue with Tablet's UI (bug 1060413, bug 1058909)
  • Continue Toolbar work with Lucas (bug 1052004)
  • Tablet UX overview presentation for engineering team
  • Wrap up 'Sync Tabs' Panel UI update (V1)
  • Panels UI Audit
  • Continue supporting Marketing team for the Android Product page

Coordination:

  • Usual Mobile UX feedback loop with Robin and Yuan
  • Onboarding visuals with Yuan
  • Better browsing sync up with Robin

bwinton@mozilla.com last week

Bugs:

Bug 1036908 - Log selections of searchSuggestTable in about:home. (In Review)
Bug 1036912 - Log selections of searchSuggestTable in newtab. (In Review)
Bug 1036914 - Log selections of awesomebar results that "are like" the url in the current search provider. (In Review)

Done:

  • Fix test failures in the search telemetry bugs, and get them re-landed.
  • Write a snippet of jquery for Gregg.

Next:

  • File a bug for an idea I heard about.

mmaslaney@mozilla.com 2 weeks ago

Bugs:

Bug 1052011 - [UX] Visual design for sharing permissions UI (In Progress)

Next:

SVG "pre-magic" work.

benjamin@smedbergs.us 2 weeks ago

Bugs:

Bug 791244 - Undo the pref for the temporary hangserver for beta channels until Socorro is awesome (In Review)
Bug 1053745 - Include OpenH264 plugin in FHR data (In Review)
Bug 1053746 - Add telemetry probes for OpenH264 plugin (Not Started)

Done:

Firefox work week!

  • Desktop platform team announcement; now working with rstrong and vladan and their teams!
  • Switch nightly/aurora back to the main socorro instead of the "skunky" one which was supposed to die in early 2013.
  • Add OpenH264 details into FHR

Next:

  • Hiring plan
  • Add OpenH264 details into telemetry payload
  • Project prioritizing - need to figure out short-term plan for self-support project

gps@mozilla.com 3 weeks ago

Bugs:

Bug 1042394 - Firefox self-support high-level plan (Not Started)

Done:

  • Switched managers and organizations

Next:

  • Start reporting to Laura Thomson and begin my new role as a "Developer Productivity Engineer"

jopsen@gmail.com 3 weeks ago

Done:

  • Diagnozed and fixed various small obscure issues, from getting quay.io to lift up limits to weird provisioner behavior
  • Worked on indexing service (needs extra tests and deployment)
  • Initial process resource monitoring using influxdb (not deployed)

Next:

  • Deploy resource monitoring
  • Deploy indexing service

rpodiuc@mozilla.com 3 weeks ago

Done:

  • got hit by a car so went for PTO half day to doctor
  • investigated Jasper and tried to install it on mac
  • got ev3 & some missing pieces needed for mechanics
  • installed vm to compile node for arm & java code but finally figured a better way
  • wifi firmware update/ wifi dongle finally working
  • working ev3dev image
  • had some trouble with kernel modules for sensors(still got some problems as drivers not implemented yet)
  • built eva robot for preso
  • started coding eva

Next:

  • last week so probably finishing code for eva
  • writing a preso
  • making preso
  • writing a blog about it
  • figuring what next

gijs@mozilla.com 4 weeks ago

Done:

  • More dealing with location bar work (see deps of bug 693808)
  • Still looking at some Yosemite things. Met with mstange and mmaslaney, have plan of attack for titlebar transparency. Looking at joining in on some of the cocoa work so we can push to have this ready for the initial yosemite release or shortly afterwards, to counter our reputation of lag on implementing OS X changes
  • Reviews. So many reviews.
  • Bug 1004418 landed with some hiccups, but stuck in the end.
  • Patched bug 1048857, waiting for review
  • Investigation in bug 1021303

Next:

Coordination:

  • Waiting for reviews (bug 1048857 - paolo; bug 991757 - mconley, msucan/devtools)
  • Traveling a little today, please needinfo/email - working despite today being bank holiday (which I'll take some other day, TBD)

mreid@mozilla.com last month

Done:

Next:

  • Bug 1043504 - Get mrjob / deorphaning working on AWS.

jwein@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Caught up with reviews and needinfos (zero reviews and needinfos)
  • Landed patch for bug 1048198

Next:

  • Working on bug 947574
  • Got review feedback for bug 1007336, which are requesting some significant changes/approaches. Need to figure out the localization approach for recommended theme licenses.

mano@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Updated the patch on bug 1040868 to include support for legacy preferences (also updated the styling and wording per UX requests).
  • Updated and landed the patch for bug 951627.
  • Reviewed the patch for bug 1002439.
  • Reviewed the patch for bug 887865.

jmoradi@mozilla.com last month

Done:

IPP experiment:

  • First meetings w/ UX, Metrics, Marketing
  • Talked to bwinton re: Telemetry

Polaris:

  • holding

Next:

IPP experiment:

  • map out all possible scenarios.
  • regroup w/ Metrics, UX, marketing
  • Write our breakdowns for experiment design

Coordination:

Polaris:

  • awaiting instructions

mhoye@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Returned from Portland Community Leadership Summit. Learned a lot about community leadershipping, met a lot of great people. Returning victorious, check.
  • Polling hardware-donation recipients for addresses, shipping costs
  • Had computer melt down on Tuesday which kind of sucked. It's is at the Apple Store now, and jlin's assistance is as invaluable as always.
  • Knocked on some doors and pestered some people to help with the Thunderbird workweek.
  • Agreed to take on UCOSP this fall
  • Usual care and feeding of planet/@startmozilla

Next:

  • Start preparing a mentoring-education session for a GrowMozilla conference, likely one that's further out.
  • Confirm what kind of participation (if any) in Tunisia
  • Understand what trips are still in play/not-in-play
  • prep for August SF trip if still on.

Coordination:

  • It would help if having a correct Bugzilla email in the phonebook was a thing.
  • Moar Diamond Bugs, plz.
  • "ideation" is not even a real word, I would like the record to note my position on this matter.

ibarlow@mozilla.com last month

Next:

  • UX backlogging
  • Search work with Anthony
  • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

ttaubert@mozilla.com 2 months ago

Done:

-> Worked on:

  • bug 965697 - Intermittent browser_sessionHistory.js | url is correct - Got (...)/browser_scrollPositions_sample.html, expected about:mozilla
  • bug 1027084 - browser_819510_perwindowpb.js crashes when run locally due to about:home snippets accessing the network
  • bug 1028187 - Allow opting in to IndexedDB for about: pages optionally specifying a desired origin
  • bug 1031003 - http://acko.net/blog/how-to-fold-a-julia-fractal/ consistently crashes Nightly
  • bug 953313 - Intermittent browser_tabopen_reflows.js | unexpected uninterruptible reflow
  • bug 1029486 - "TypeError: can't access dead object" at TranslationContentHandler.jsm:91
  • bug 1032243 - about:newtab should use native Promise implementation
  • bug 1030719 - Input data are lost in the session restore twice
  • bug 993013 - this._cps2 is undefined (at browser.js:1705)
  • bug 1026398 - Add support for RSA-OAEP to WebCrypto API
  • bug 1021607 - Add support for PBKDF2 to WebCrypto API
  • bug 1026314 - Rename Key to CryptoKey in WebCrypto

-> Filed bugs: + bug 1029486 - "TypeError: can't access dead object" at TranslationContentHandler.jsm:91

-> Feedback and review:

  • bug 1027084 - browser_819510_perwindowpb.js crashes when run locally due to about:home snippets accessing the network
  • bug 1020876 - Route desktop client XHRs though the mozLoop API to share hawk implementation with MozLoopService
  • bug 1027125 - Intermittent browser_967000_button_sync.js "Non-local network connections are disabled"
  • bug 1030149 - Set identity.fxaccounts.remote.signup.uri to a dummy URL during automation runs
  • bug 1034038 - [Session Restore] Inform the user when Session Restore cannot save the session
  • bug 801598 - Extract the communication mechanisms of OMT OS.File into its own module
  • bug 1028527 - Back-Button: Cache-Control is ignored after Close Tab has been undone
  • bug 1029735 - ContentSearch sometimes leaks event listeners and their closures
  • bug 977774 - Count the number of times a user opts out of Instant Translation
  • bug 1029363 - browser_translation_fhr.js fails if it runs on its own
  • bug 1022064 - Create privileged API for launching a FxA Oauth flow
  • bug 1013064 - Enable password sync with FxA and master password
  • bug 1033362 - Implement basic mochitests for MozLoopAPI
  • bug 995092 - Enable Unified Autocomplete in Nightly
  • bug 883609 - [Session Restore] Make backups useful
  • bug 1029098 - sidebar open state not remembered
  • bug 1026782 - Implement setLoopCharPref

-> Other: + Loop/FxAccounts meeting

manishsmail@gmail.com 5 months ago

Done:

XHR:

Other:

Next:

  • Implement a basic synchronous GET request
  • Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
  • Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent

vstanchev@mozilla.com 5 months ago

Done:

  • Bug 965373 - When the profiler stops it doesn't stop the EventTracer thread - Waiting for final review
  • Bug 967635 - Add profiling hooks for all the major Talos Test - should be ready to commit, waiting for final test results
  • Bug 986160 - Create unit tests for the Gecko Profiler - Waiting for a review on Benoit's fix for the gtest headers
  • Bug 962262 - Use external structure padding to save ~30% of circular buffer space - committed
  • Bug 867728 - Stream profiler JSON directly to a file - committed

Next:

  • Intern Presentation
  • Bug 967630 - Add an option to trychooser to select Talos profiling options - will get the frontend committed after talos is done
  • look at compressing javascript stacks in the profiler's buffer if there's time left over

joel.maher@gmail.com 6 months ago

Done:

  • initial work setting up power profiling
  • lots of work on latency-benchmark, but 982748 as a result
  • landed remaining conversions for testing/mochitest/*.json to mochitest.ini files
  • reviewed a lot of manifest and talos patches
  • did initial work to get browser chrome for linux debug running on ec2 slaves, 1 remaining bug 933860 is remaining for us to switch

Next:

  • experiment more with power profiling toolchain
  • develop short term goals for power profiling
  • continue investigating into linux latency-benchmark
  • start more detailed investigating of win7 and latency-bencharmk
  • ensure we have a permanent or temporary solution to bug 933860
  • sort out agreeable solution for b2g alerts and detecting the changeset
  • make a pass through a 10 day backlog of talos alerts

Coordination:

releng, ateam, perf

mh+mozilla@glandium.org 7 months ago

Done:

Next:

  • More of the same.

smacleod@mozilla.com 8 months ago

Done:

  • Mostly worked on the Firefox 25 Session Restored regression Bug 959130 and related bugs

Next:

  • Bug 967028 - history.pushState() and .replaceState() don't invalidate shistory
  • Finish up work on regression
  • Fixup last few Session Store bugs on my plate
  • Start into Desktop backlog?

mconley@mozilla.com 8 months ago

Done:

  • Bigass holiday + work week!
  • Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
  • Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
  • Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)

Next:

  • Put the patch for bug 930094 up for review, and file follow-ups for lightweight theme support
  • Get patch for bug 962677 into a reviewable state, reviewed and landed
  • A healthy mix of finding more ways of speeding up the customize mode transition, filing bugs for them, and fixing those bugs.

Coordination:

  • bwinton and I are meeting with Alina Hua and (maybe) Alex Fowler to make sure the BrowserUITelemetry stuff isn't somehow violating our privacy policy.

felipc@gmail.com 10 months ago

Done:

Work from last week:

  • Bug 897061 - Form autocomplete: posting patch to request review from Mark today
  • Bug 941099, + bug 934155 and bug 935974: Noticed this problem when downloading a zip file, and first thought it was just a user error. But after investigating it more and other similar bugs we found out the issue and fixed it in time for beta.
  • Finished blog post about mochitests, waiting past thanksgiving to publish it
  • Filed some Australis bugs

Reviews:

  • Bug 941046 - Add test to ensure Fitts Law works on the Back button on Windows
  • Bug 941469 - RemoteWebProgress doesn't pass |flags| param for onLocationChange
  • Bug 921011 - SocialAPI chat windows should implement nsIBrowserDOMWindow
  • Bug 600500 - About Dialog should check for updates automatically, but not install them if the pref "Ask me what I want to do" is set
  • Bug 941322
  • Bug 935640 - Fix UX for sidebar selection
  • Bug 937377 - [e10s] Selecting an item in a select does not trigger onChange

pamadini@mozilla.com 10 months ago

Done:

  • Downloads: Compatibility of the API modules with B2G (see bug 926955)
  • Logins: Rework DeferredTask to allow asynchronous tasks (bug 940408)

Next:

  • Logins: Remove main-thread I/O (bug 853549)
  • Promises: Investigate using DOM promises instead of "Promise.jsm"
  • Downloads: API extensibility (bug 899013), decommissioning (bug 851471)

mhammond@mozilla.com 10 months ago

Done:

testing, testing, 1..2..3..

  • Work on e10s test infrastructure
  • Work on Sync.Next tests

Next:

testing, testing, 4..5..6..

vdjeric@mozilla.com 10 months ago

Done:

  • Analyzing September font chrome-hangs for John Daggett
  • Screened 15 intern applications, interviewed 2 candidates for summer internship
  • bug 937707: Looked into 50% regression in hot startup time from November 1st, found a serious flaw in ts_paint
  • Filed bug 936617: Create a cold-start Talos test
  • Filed bug 936630: Create a startup test that covers session restore time
  • Discussions: bug 869264 re 1000s of plugin crashes in my profile, bug 935482 feasibility of warning on all main thread I/O, bug 935680 new responsiveness benchmark
  • bug 742500: Briefed Roberto on probe expiration project
  • Helped Laura Forrest get perf improvement stats for the PR team for Firefox's anniversary
  • Q4 goals planning
  • Lots of meetings

Next:

  • Screen more intern resumes
  • bug 705287: Dig through chrome-hang data from September for details on font hangs
  • Review bug 672843: Replace NS_ENSURE* macros
  • New benchmarks + catch up on coding bugs
  • File bugs for "Perf Team" Mozilla shirts

mdeboer@mozilla.com 11 months ago

Done:

  • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
  • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
  • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
  • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
  • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

Next:

  • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
  • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
  • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

enndeakin@gmail.com last year

Done:

908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in

Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.

jmaher@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • bug 903681 - tsvgx/tscrollx on trunk based branches
  • inital pass at updating steps to add a talos test: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Buildbot/Talos/Misc#Steps_to_add_a_test
  • bug 848358 - new talos test TART landed and deployed to trunk based branches
  • private webpagetest instance is ready for use
  • analyzed octane, found Splay and Box2D to be bimodal on Android
  • recommended running 35 iterations to get 95% confidence in a reliable number for Octane

Next:

  • cleanup talos suites to use filters and mozafterpaint correctly
  • resolve issues for webpagetest instance: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/wpt-controller
  • document finding for Octane, produce Android and desktop numbers for the platform meeting
  • Investigate bimodal data on talos
  • continue feedback on new datazilla.mozilla.org UI

Coordination:

ateam, perf, games

scaraveo@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • worked out new approach for patches in case remote frameworker doesnt land
  • small stuff landed, still working towards finishing out bug 889427
  • partner meetings

Next:

  • possible slight changes to ux for socialmarks button

fgomes@mozilla.com last year

Done:

Done:

  • bug 851466 - Import downloads.sqlite to downloads.json
    • Started working in this bug, posted a wip v1 and worked through the feedback for a v2
  • Various reviews and feedback and working with e10s folks
  • bug 516753 - Refactor context area menu for e10s
  • bug 899222 - About:home for e10s
  • bug 897062 - Middle click support for e10s
  • bug 896748 - Notification request box
  • bug 902695 - Implement openURIInFrame
  • bug 895957 - goDoCommand
  • bug 903184 - Disable more FullZoom code
  • bug 786407 - Fix UninstallString for webapps installer
  • bug 902048 - Use getOuterWindowWithId in webappsui.jsm
  • bug 901757 - Create file with correct permissions in webapps installer

dgiani@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • Ext4 transparent decompression v1
    • Discussions are still continuing on the LKML
  • Ext4 transparent decompression v2
    • Traced a lot of ext4 code. Code makes a lot more sense
  • Monday was a holiday

Next:

  • Ext4 transparent decompression v2
    • Experimenting with changing page mapping
    • Code is clear now, so time to make changes
  • Volatile Ranges
    • Next patchset has just arrived, test firefox changes

Coordination:

  • Continue discussing with upstream on where to target changes
    • I still think that within the filesystem is a better choice, just to avoid a lot of corner cases
    • Also the VFS "firewall" is hard to cross.

mak@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • Landed on UX Bug 855805 - Create the Bookmarks widget with subview
  • Experimental patch in Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results.
  • Gone through Downloads Panel feature recent feedback
  • Review Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
  • Review Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
  • Feedback Bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
  • Review Bug 874814 - (OMTConnectionClose) [Storage] Implement OMT AsyncClose()
  • Feedback Bug 891303 - Async-friendly transaction manager for Places
  • Review Bug 895839 - Remove support for binary annotations
  • Feedback Bug 895907 - Aero selection styling bottom border is too much bright
  • Review Bug 896193 - Adopt Promises in mozIAsyncLivemarks

Next:

  • Handle Reviews/Feedback backlog
  • Fix tests for Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results

jaws@mozilla.com last year

Done:

Landed on UX:

  • Bug 895724 - Remove reload-button and stop-button from browser.xul since they are not needed anymore
  • Bug 895778 - Optimize code path of CustomizableUIInternal.registerToolbar

Up for review:

  • Bug 896291 - "Close other tabs" should show the confirmation dialog if the number of tabs is greater than browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
  • Bug 896157 - Optimize the CustomizableUIInternal.setLocationAttributes function

Build a focused profiler for CustomizableUI and shared it with mconley so we can measure perf changes between optimizations. Will blog about it.

Next:

  • Contact someone from the layout team about a dirty nsIReflowObserver
  • Need to start reaching out to other people to see what possible ideas they may have for fixing perf of WinXP tpaint.

dolske@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • Another round of Australis prioritization triage
  • wontfix'd bug 893065 and bug 893013
  • Met with rel-mgmt, support, QA to talk about Australis compat impact with addons
  • Updated patch for bug 355063
  • Lots of other Australis stuff

gavin@gavinsharp.com last year

Done:

Next:

  • Blog post about work week
  • finalize Q3 goals

espindola.invalid@smedbergs.us last year

Done:

misc:

  • Accepted a job offer at another company. This is my last week at mozilla.

mozilla-central:

  • a2e147b93af6 - bug 845277 - Asan builds burning with "js/src/jsproxy.h:346:7: error: visibility does not match previous declaration".

  • 8db79d56a4b1 - bug 845613 - Locking issues in the write poisoning code.

  • 64ccf95dc579 - bug 846298 - Misc cleanups to the write poisoning base/OS split.

  • 00c6018cb20e - bug 846922 - Read late write stacks on windows.

telemetry-toolbox:

  • e01dd67088ebb124181ca55e3766ab4e056659d6 - Use a short timeout. In some cases we can get a lot of timeouts from the symbolication server. With the default urllib2 timeout the script would not finish in time (take more than one day).

Next:

  • Finish the windows write poisoning (bug 847492, bug 847468 and bug 846471).
  • Do an end to end test to see if a windows lat write shows up in the late write report.
  • Exit interview.

b56girard@gmail.com last year

Done:

  • bug 839740: GTest is ready to land, waiting on review
  • Continue to improve multi-threaded profile support in the UI
  • bug 734691: Worked with snorp to add Multi-thread support to the non breakpad backend.
  • bug 839538: Fixing up the tear down sequence for the layers refactor
  • bug 779291: Reviewed the preliminary SPS rollup patch

Next:

  • bug 839538: Fixing up the tear down sequence for the layers refactor
  • Help with breakpad unwinding any way I can.

tabraldes@mozilla.com last year

Done:

  • Implemented review comments for bug 795832 - synthesized input events
  • Thought of and implemented a way to avoid SetCursorPos in bug 795832
  • Attempted to get on-screen keyboard to appear by synthesizing click in URL bar
    • That didn't work, so tested manually clicking in URL bar
    • Filed bug 809629 about clicking in URL bar not showing soft keyboard - turns out this is expected behavior
  • Submitted, backed out, fixed, resubmitted patch for bug 795832
  • Switched to building locally with VS2010, switched to building release builds
  • Debugged remaining issue with metro chrome tests; browser hangs while unloading a DLL during shutdown, but log is written
  • Implementing chrome tests
    • Updated browser_context_ui.js to test right-click interaction with context UI

Next:

  • More tests! I'll be going through browser/metro/base/tests/fennectests and porting them to metro

necheverria@mozilla.com

Done:

  • minor fixes on bug 770317 (xperf mainthread io tracker)
  • investigating bug 774949 and getting familiar with the code, proposed preliminary patch
  • day off Thursday (intern scavenger hunt)
  • intern presentation

Next:

  • check more on the consequences of removing JAR validation in getOwner in bug 774949 (as also mentioned in bug 726125)
  • bug 748598, or find another snappy-p1 bug, or coordinate with vladan to help him with some bugs

ejpbruel@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Finished the direct proxy class refactor
  • Created an implementation plan for implementing Harmony modules
  • Found some dead code whilst writing a patch for bug 767059
  • Filed a patch for bug 703537
  • Filed a patch for bug 720619
  • Filed a patch for bug 771907
  • Filed a patch for bug 771908
  • Tried (and failed) to reproduce compiler error for bug 722555 locally

Next:

jmathies@mozilla.com

Done:

  • command execute handler prep for review
  • finished up xul fennec code base move. This is as far as I can get things until we work out the mixed platform/app resources problem.
  • fixed pymake/make issues with reg scripts.
  • fixed a bug with the dummy vccor dll that showed up with our builders.
  • upgrading local systems to new win8 release / VS tool set.

Next:

  • migrating metro code base to RC VC11
  • work with bbondy on any xaml interop removal fallout
  • hopefully finish up /browser integration near the end of the week, get elm zip installs functional.

dtownsend@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Submitted pdf.js packaging work for review (bug 740795)
  • Patched a problem on OSX with FAT filesystem profiles (bug 733436)
  • Patched a problem with restartless add-ons when moving profiles between machines (bug 744833)
  • Added some quoting for the extensions crash report annotation (bug 753900)
  • Thoughts on shipping the SDK in Firefox and problems with supporting other apps: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/SDK-in-Firefox

mozstatusupdate@glek.net

Done:

  • bug 748417: python script to generate metrics-friendly json from our histogram definitions
  • lots of reviews on Yoric's File API
  • bug 743877: poked at tab delays due to settimeouts

ddahl@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Work Week last week for Identity derailed some development

Made some progress on bug 673432 "Mobile implementation crypto.getRandomValues" - this bug also governs re-adding a crypto object to window on mobile platforms

Worked on bug 734076 - I have a working patch, there are some unanswered questions yet

Next:

More of the same

myk@mozilla.org

Done:

Next:

  • dig into Apps front-end and platform requirements

Coordination:

  • in MV Wednesday

margaret.leibovic@gmail.com

Done:

  • Site settings menuitem (bug 706876)
  • Click-to-play plugins follow-ups

Next:

  • Form autocomplete follow-ups (dependencies set on bug 695444)
  • Random bug fixing

Coordination:

  • PTO next week. Back January 4.

me@shawnwilsher.com

Done:

  • Reviewed bug 699051 - Track slow sql queries on main thread + send them in via telemetry
  • Reviewed bug 465299 - mozStorageStatementWrapper::Initialize should check statement state/validity
  • Reviewed bug 702815 - Maintain a list of open SQLite connections
  • Reviewed bug 703143 - Use a memory multi-reporter for SQLite's per-connection reporting
  • Reviewed bug 557047 - Replace mailnews specific ifdef (MOZ_MAIL_NEWS) in cookie code with tests for a protocol flag

honzab.moz@firemni.cz

Done:

(Extremely busy week, so not much done)

review bug 534764 review bug 623948 analyzes bug 637657 bug 637361 bug 638179 bug 638218

Next:

continue reviewing new http pipelining stuff from Patrick McManus start playing with bug 370886

michal.novotny@gmail.com

Done:

  • bug 604897 - Unable to cache small entries when CACHE00[1-3]_ is full
  • bug 599127 - Wyciwyg channel write's end up doing synchronous disk IO
  • bug 592422 - preallocate individual (non-block) cache files
  • bug 597224 - HTTP Cache: use directory tree to store cache files

Next:

  • bug 614513 - Crash in nsCacheService::DeactivateEntry during Linux Talos ts_cold

bherland@mozilla.com

Done:

bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

bug #589296 (Crash in [@ nsHttpChannel::ContinueProcessResponse): lots of analysis and thinking

bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): patch submitted and reviewed

Next:

bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

bug #536295 (e10s HTTP: offline application cache) : review

bug #575928 ("http-on-modify-request" doesn't work on "CONNECT" method): review

bug #551447 (Avoid async writes to memory-cache) : fix

bug #572557 (nsDiskCacheEvictor::VisitRecord() dooms used entries unnecessary) : fix

Coordination:

bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): waiting for approval

bug #548406 (xpcshell-test causing leak in nsMemoryCache) : needs review (michal)

bparr.invalid@smedbergs.us

Done:

  • Mainly worked on Bug 551274 - Update nsAddonRepository for API version 1.5:
    • Adds functionality needed for my current project
    • Adds a bunch of missing tests for AddonRepository.jsm
  • Landed Bug 558287 - Add support for searching add-ons on AMO via the addon manager's search bar
  • Fixed small bugs:
    • Bug 580379 - Move and improve CSS introduced in Bug 558287
    • Bug 578467 - xpinstall.whitelist.add prefs are not emptied when converted into permissions on startup with new profile

Next:

  • Continue work on current project:
    • Begin showing new information from AMO in detailed and list view (temporarily storing information)
    • Begin work on back-end storage of new AMO data
  • Look into my other beta 4 and beta N blockers

mnandigama.invalid@smedbergs.us

Done:

Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.

Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.

Next:

May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.

Coordination:

Working on winding down and hand-off of the tools/scripts I develop/maintain to A-Team.

vladimir@pobox.com

Done:

  • xpcshell builds and runs

Coordination:

android

kdangoor@mozilla.com

Done:

Can now build Bespin Embedded releases

Next:

Slim down the Bespin Embedded build (currently more than 600K compressed, but not gzipped). More docs Work on CommonJS presentation for JSConf.eu (I'll be giving the presentation at a2div this week.)