enndeakin@gmail.com

Current Status - Posted on 2013-09-10

Done:

908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in

Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.

Older Posts

Member of Projects

Team Posts

adw@mozilla.com

Done:

  • posted many more patches: Bug 612453 - Provide search suggestions on Firefox Start Page (about:home)
  • posted patch for review: Bug 1028985 - Provide search suggestions on Firefox new tab page (about:newtab)
  • posted patch for review: Bug 1009765 - Add GMP plugin crashes to FHR crash reporting
  • reviewed: Bug 1007979 - refactor nsSearchSuggestions to use a reusable JSM
  • reviewed: Bug 1036284 - Update styling of newtab tiles to enhanced tiles spec
  • reviewed: Bug 1042204 - Control the enhancement of history tiles with a pref
  • reviewed: Bug 1037341 - Update pin and block with new icons
  • reviewed: Bug 1043399 - Red and italic font used for newtab tiles' titles looks rather cheap
  • reviewed: Bug 1043627 - Only re-initialize nsSearchService on locale change in Fennec
  • needinfo'ed: Bug 1032324 - Newpage tab: can't switch search engine if icon is not available
  • talked with Monica and Georgios about bug 1041748
  • got my intern started

sfranks@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Almost finished work on Bug 1017053 ([UX] Enable search in in-content preferences)
  • Submitted solution for Bug 1008935 (Loop desktop UI needs to handle different aspect ratios better)
  • Added clarifications and waiting for response on Bug 1037111 ([UX] Define interaction when searching through Loop contacts list)

Next:

  • Finish Bug 1017053
  • Bug 1020253: Standalone UI for link clickers needs to help users grant access to microphone/camera when applicable

Coordination:

  • Waiting for :mak to comment so I can resolve Bug 1037111
  • Waiting for engineering confirmation before resolving Bug 1008935

shorlander@mozilla.com

Done:

alam@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Search Activity on mobile UX work
  • Started progress/loading animations

Next:

  • More Search Activity on mobile
  • Continue with progress/loading animation
  • Firefox on Android for Tablets UX work
  • "Contextual hints" bugs follow up

Coordination:

  • Yuan: Mobile co-ordination
  • Ian: Search

ibarlow@mozilla.com

Next:

  • UX backlogging
  • Search work with Anthony
  • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

mmaslaney@mozilla.com

Done:

Bug 1020551 - [UX] Design a OS X Yosemite friendly version of Firefox

Bug 1038239 - [UX] Icon for past search results in location bar

Next:

Bug 1041736 - [UX] Visual design for Awesome Bar layout cleanup

Bug 1013264 - [UX] Spec for using Australis button styling for bookmarks toolbar items

Coordination:

Working with branding on the Firefox Hello! Logotype: http://cl.ly/image/282V3E0u2o3z

gps@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Deployed Firefox Update Hotfix
    • Upgraded over 2M old Firefox clients
    • Produced a ton of interesting data about client behavior. Much WTF.
  • Spent 2 days doing post hotfix data analysis, chasing bugs, etc
  • Updated translation experiment for Vi, Pl, and Tr locales
    • Overhauled the build system for experiments while I was there
  • Spent a few hours lending technical expertise to help with hg.mozilla.org load issues
  • Spent a few hours lending technical expertise to help with ReviewBoard deployment
  • Encountered lots of awesome build system patches/reviews from glandium
  • Watched a Facebook talk on YouTube. Forwarded to mfinkle and rnewman. Watched bugs about improving Fennec flow.

  • Review: Bug 1034977 - "Crash in mozalloc_abort(char const* const) | NS_DebugBreak | nsDebugImpl::Abort(char const*, int) with AsyncShutdownTimer "Sqlite.jsm Waiting for connections to close"" r=gps, a=sledru

  • Review: Bug 1038417 - Convert tabs to spaces in moz.build files. r=gps
  • Landing: Bug 1038535 - Flatten caps/{idl,include,src}/ directories. r=bholley,gps
  • Landing: Bug 1038031 - Add --disable-eme flag - r=cpearce,gps,bz
  • Review: Bug 1039164: Prettier handling of invalid hgrc files by mach. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1032530 - mach mochitest takes --setpref argument. r=gps
  • Landing: Bug 1039894 - Add bzpost and firefoxtree to mach mercurial-setup; r=smacleod
  • Review: Bug 982693 - when checking whether the compiler supports -fno-integrated-as, also pass in -S, because -fno-integrated-as alone does not seem to work. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 914563 - re-enable build resource recording on Windows; r=gps
  • Review: Bug 978211 - run make from mach without a shell; r=gps
  • Landing: Bug 1040413 - Do not cast ANDROID_VERSION to int; r=nalexander
  • Review: Bug 1040641 - Ignore AC_SUBSTs for variables we don't have use for but that autoconf itself exports. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1041960 - Remove subtiers from make backend. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1036894 part 2 - Add proper frontend data for HOST_LIBRARY_NAME instead of using a passthrough. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1036894 part 3 - Emit objects for programs after emitting libraries. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1036894 part 4 - Allow to track library linkage for all kinds of programs and libraries. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1036894 part 5 - Hook the USE_LIBS and HOST_USE_LIBS moz.build variables to library linkage. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1036894 part 6 - Emit SimplePrograms for CPP_UNIT_TESTs, and make the corresponding moz.build config look like that of SIMPLE_PROGRAMS. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1036894 part 7 - Move HOST_LIBS to moz.build, as HOST_USE_LIBS. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1036894 part 8 - Move most in-tree library linkage information to moz.build, as USE_LIBS. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1036894 part 10 - Documentation for programs and libraries in moz.build world. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1041820 - Replace DefaultOnReadDict with defaultdict. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1041839 - Write all-tests.json faster. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1041936 - Allow static library definitions to depend on shared libraries. r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1041936 part 2 - Directly use the static library "xul" to link into "xul-gtest" instead of having an intermediate library "xul" used by "xul-shared" and "xul-gtest". r=gps
  • Review: Bug 1042810 - Use string comparison for Android versions. r=gps

Next:

  • Writing up technical plan for Firefox self-support feature
  • Continue chasing fallout from update hotfix
  • Move to Vancouver

ttaubert@mozilla.com

Done:

-> Worked on:

  • bug 965697 - Intermittent browser_sessionHistory.js | url is correct - Got (...)/browser_scrollPositions_sample.html, expected about:mozilla
  • bug 1027084 - browser_819510_perwindowpb.js crashes when run locally due to about:home snippets accessing the network
  • bug 1028187 - Allow opting in to IndexedDB for about: pages optionally specifying a desired origin
  • bug 1031003 - http://acko.net/blog/how-to-fold-a-julia-fractal/ consistently crashes Nightly
  • bug 953313 - Intermittent browser_tabopen_reflows.js | unexpected uninterruptible reflow
  • bug 1029486 - "TypeError: can't access dead object" at TranslationContentHandler.jsm:91
  • bug 1032243 - about:newtab should use native Promise implementation
  • bug 1030719 - Input data are lost in the session restore twice
  • bug 993013 - this._cps2 is undefined (at browser.js:1705)
  • bug 1026398 - Add support for RSA-OAEP to WebCrypto API
  • bug 1021607 - Add support for PBKDF2 to WebCrypto API
  • bug 1026314 - Rename Key to CryptoKey in WebCrypto

-> Filed bugs: + bug 1029486 - "TypeError: can't access dead object" at TranslationContentHandler.jsm:91

-> Feedback and review:

  • bug 1027084 - browser_819510_perwindowpb.js crashes when run locally due to about:home snippets accessing the network
  • bug 1020876 - Route desktop client XHRs though the mozLoop API to share hawk implementation with MozLoopService
  • bug 1027125 - Intermittent browser_967000_button_sync.js "Non-local network connections are disabled"
  • bug 1030149 - Set identity.fxaccounts.remote.signup.uri to a dummy URL during automation runs
  • bug 1034038 - [Session Restore] Inform the user when Session Restore cannot save the session
  • bug 801598 - Extract the communication mechanisms of OMT OS.File into its own module
  • bug 1028527 - Back-Button: Cache-Control is ignored after Close Tab has been undone
  • bug 1029735 - ContentSearch sometimes leaks event listeners and their closures
  • bug 977774 - Count the number of times a user opts out of Instant Translation
  • bug 1029363 - browser_translation_fhr.js fails if it runs on its own
  • bug 1022064 - Create privileged API for launching a FxA Oauth flow
  • bug 1013064 - Enable password sync with FxA and master password
  • bug 1033362 - Implement basic mochitests for MozLoopAPI
  • bug 995092 - Enable Unified Autocomplete in Nightly
  • bug 883609 - [Session Restore] Make backups useful
  • bug 1029098 - sidebar open state not remembered
  • bug 1026782 - Implement setLoopCharPref

-> Other: + Loop/FxAccounts meeting

manishearth@gmail.com

Done:

Next:

rust-fetch, CORS fixups

Coordination:

Semester starts monday

mhoye@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Defeated evil, or at least defeated a spam incursion at Ask.m.o.
  • Put up the code for AWEY/Mentoring up at https://github.com/mhoye/mozgraphs and solved an undercount problem
  • Took posession of 130 Mac Minis, in preparation for sending them out to community members
  • The usual care and feeding of planet/@startmozilla etc.

Next:

  • Prep for Portland trip, go to Portland, return victorious.
  • Find more Diamond bugs, as we're low on those and they're not turning over.
  • More mentored bugs, ask more people for descriptions that will turn them into good-firsts. StartMozilla seems to be working well, so follow up about twitter cards other social-media-in-Bugzilla stuff.

Coordination:

Go Germany!

gfritzsche@mozilla.com

Done:

Mostly worked on:

  • OpenH264 integration - bug 1009909 etc. - expected to be complete including tests today except bug 1009816 and bug 1035225 integration
  • Experiments shutdown - bug 1012466 - mostly done, needs some test fixup for the Experiments.uninit changes
  • Update hotfix write atttribute issues - bug 1030856 - resolved

Next:

  • OpenH264 integration - bug 1009909 wrap-up
  • Experiments shutdown - bug 1012466 wrap-up, test fixage
  • Session preparation for MozFest EA

Coordination:

  • off for MozFest East Africa in Kampala, away July 10-14 with travel times.

manishsmail@gmail.com

Done:

XHR:

Other:

Next:

  • Implement a basic synchronous GET request
  • Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
  • Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent

rfeeley@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Plan migration experience for existing Sync users
  • Single sign on experience (i.e. Marketplace, “Loop”) for Firefox Accounts

Next:

  • Communicate, negotiate and possibly redesign migration experience for existing Sync users
  • User testing for Firefox Accounts

Coordination:

  • Accounts in the browser - multiple features in Firefox accounts, multiple accounts in Firefox (Jen and Zhenshuo)
  • Synced tabs - John Gruen for improving existing in-content
  • Synced tabs - Phillip rest of team for dedicated Australis menu or other hybrid design

benjamin@smedbergs.us

Done:

  • Finalized plans for telemetry experiments v1
  • Arranged it so emails from this status board don't get stuck in postini or most other spam filters
  • Other stuff

Next:

  • Turn telemetry experiments plan into work items and get it rolling
  • Finish up details for FHR stableID and telemetry-on-beta and combine-telemetry-with-FHR proposal and run the gauntlet.
  • QA and report on the crash logging data from nightly when it completely lands
  • Write a doc each week (TRIBE resolution)
  • Recruit a mentor (TRIBE resolution)

smacleod@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Mostly worked on the Firefox 25 Session Restored regression Bug 959130 and related bugs

Next:

  • Bug 967028 - history.pushState() and .replaceState() don't invalidate shistory
  • Finish up work on regression
  • Fixup last few Session Store bugs on my plate
  • Start into Desktop backlog?

mconley@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Bigass holiday + work week!
  • Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
  • Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
  • Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)

Next:

  • Put the patch for bug 930094 up for review, and file follow-ups for lightweight theme support
  • Get patch for bug 962677 into a reviewable state, reviewed and landed
  • A healthy mix of finding more ways of speeding up the customize mode transition, filing bugs for them, and fixing those bugs.

Coordination:

  • bwinton and I are meeting with Alina Hua and (maybe) Alex Fowler to make sure the BrowserUITelemetry stuff isn't somehow violating our privacy policy.

mano@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Places async transaction - backend patch posted for review

Next:

  • Reland the livemark changes dependency
  • Write few more tests for the back-end
  • Get the frontend part ready for feedback.

felipc@gmail.com

Done:

Work from last week:

  • Bug 897061 - Form autocomplete: posting patch to request review from Mark today
  • Bug 941099, + bug 934155 and bug 935974: Noticed this problem when downloading a zip file, and first thought it was just a user error. But after investigating it more and other similar bugs we found out the issue and fixed it in time for beta.
  • Finished blog post about mochitests, waiting past thanksgiving to publish it
  • Filed some Australis bugs

Reviews:

  • Bug 941046 - Add test to ensure Fitts Law works on the Back button on Windows
  • Bug 941469 - RemoteWebProgress doesn't pass |flags| param for onLocationChange
  • Bug 921011 - SocialAPI chat windows should implement nsIBrowserDOMWindow
  • Bug 600500 - About Dialog should check for updates automatically, but not install them if the pref "Ask me what I want to do" is set
  • Bug 941322
  • Bug 935640 - Fix UX for sidebar selection
  • Bug 937377 - [e10s] Selecting an item in a select does not trigger onChange

pamadini@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Downloads: Compatibility of the API modules with B2G (see bug 926955)
  • Logins: Rework DeferredTask to allow asynchronous tasks (bug 940408)

Next:

  • Logins: Remove main-thread I/O (bug 853549)
  • Promises: Investigate using DOM promises instead of "Promise.jsm"
  • Downloads: API extensibility (bug 899013), decommissioning (bug 851471)

mhammond@mozilla.com

Done:

testing, testing, 1..2..3..

  • Work on e10s test infrastructure
  • Work on Sync.Next tests

Next:

testing, testing, 4..5..6..

jwein@mozilla.com

Done:

Worked on:

  • Bug 930205 - --disable-dump-painting doesn't disable dump painting
  • Bug 875479 - Australis toolbar buttons for Linux
  • Bug 879981 - Need feedback when an item is not removable from an area
  • Bug 880164 - Australis toolbar buttons contextual menu in toolbar, palette and customize mode

Fixed:

  • Bug 932719 - Zoom controls percentage label is too narrow when on the toolbar on OS X (at least on hidpi)
  • Bug 933745 - Use the brand logo as the favicon for about:support
  • Bug 933162 - Update in-urlbar icons for Linux
  • Bug 931891 - Back out the patches for Bug 887515 from Firefox 26 beta (still need to back out from Fx27 aurora)

Reviews:

  • Bug 929604 - Aero basic + LWT + restored mode misses top window border
  • Bug 932446 - Vulnerable Click-to-activate in-content UI should look clickable
  • Bug 851652 - Change position of the standardWindowButtons for Australis
  • Bug 754344 - In content preferences tabs should mimic add-ons type
  • Bug 745187 - Click-to-activate plugins which are removed immediately after adding don't trigger the plugin notification (Google Earth Plugin doesn't work with click-to-play enabled)
  • Bug 932898 - Bring back the shutdown leak detector
  • Bug 934113 - Menu bar shouldn't be movable
  • Bug 934503 - Activated hidden plugins (Flash) show the blue plugin icon

Next:

  • Stage ux -> Holly merge, Australis backout, m-c to Holly merge in preparation for Australis -> m-c merge.
  • Bug 879981 - Need feedback when an item is not removable from an area
  • Bug 930172 - Dynamically resize customizable icons as they are dragged over their destination
  • Bug 880164 - Australis toolbar buttons contextual menu in toolbar, palette and customize mode

mdeboer@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
  • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
  • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
  • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
  • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

Next:

  • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
  • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
  • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

gijs@mozilla.com

Done:

2013-09-10 -- 2013-09-24 (2 weeks, forgot to write something last week, sorry!)

##Australis##

Working on (not fixed yet):

  • Bug 579728 (scroll tabs halfway through the next element to hint there's more, f?dão)
  • Bug 845408 (unify downloads-button/downloads-indicator, r?mconley)
  • Bug 846104 (self-serve nightly issues on UX branch, r?nthomas)
  • Bug 894411 (make tests run faster, r?Unfocused)
  • Bug 914138 (insertion into overflowable toolbar isn't reliable, f?jaws)
  • Bug 920224 (intermittent test failure, r?Unfocused)

Fixed:

  • Bug 876926 (event-based wrapping for customize mode)
  • Bug 878551 (list-all-tabs button shouldn't be removable)
  • Bug 882582 (preferences should be options on Windows)
  • Bug 885579 (narrow widgets being dropped on wide widgets should go before the wide widget)
  • Bug 886323 (issues with social buttons / other things that could have been removed but are now unremovable)
  • Bug 901418 / bug 909729 (bookmark toolbar items don't work in the navbar)
  • Bug 906634 (buttons have anchor attribute set even when they're not in a panel)
  • Bug 914562 (test failures because of the search splitter)
  • Bug 916954 (close panels we open in tests)
  • Bug 916735 (pref for animation of customize mode)
  • Bug 916830 (issues with overflowable toolbar ordering)
  • Bug 916873 (fix help/quit/customize buttons on OS X retina)
  • Bug 917271 (test race condition in bookmarks test)
  • Bug 918275 (items missing place attribute after customization)

Reviewed:

Filed:

  • Bug 917294 (focus manager issue on Windows)
  • Bug 917760 (downloads finishing in customize mode break stuff)
  • Bug 918049 (investigate issues with skipintoolbarset and our DnD code)
  • Bug 918226 (decide if/how to expose Work Offline)
  • Bug 918782 (move functional styles into browser/base instead of browser/themes/shared)
  • Bug 919965 (placeholder confusion in the menupanel)
  • Bug 920201 (reorganize our test makefile stuff)

##Other## Filed and fixed bug 917706 (browser debugger and associated menuitems should work as soon as the pref is flipped, not require a new window open / restart) Filed bug 918240 about the "restart now" annotations next to the debugger prefs, is now also fixed! :-)

This means you can now enable and use the browser debugger without restarting, including in browser mochitests! See also my (now slightly outdated) blogpost: http://www.gijsk.com/blog/2013/09/debugging-chrome-js-and-mochitests/

Fixed bug 902529 (hg-setup should check mercurial.ini on Windows) Filed bug 916797 (mochitest should support run-until-failure for multiple tests) Filed bug 918979 (hg-setup creates repositories for hg extensions but never (offers to) switch the user to them) Filed various intermittent oranges

Next:

Still more Australis stuff! Hoping to have some time to work on bug 895471 (run mochitests with the debugger attached) so that you don't have to manually enable it all the time.

enndeakin@gmail.com

Done:

908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in

Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.

scaraveo@mozilla.com

Done:

  • worked out new approach for patches in case remote frameworker doesnt land
  • small stuff landed, still working towards finishing out bug 889427
  • partner meetings

Next:

  • possible slight changes to ux for socialmarks button

fgomes@mozilla.com

Done:

Done:

  • bug 851466 - Import downloads.sqlite to downloads.json
    • Started working in this bug, posted a wip v1 and worked through the feedback for a v2
  • Various reviews and feedback and working with e10s folks
  • bug 516753 - Refactor context area menu for e10s
  • bug 899222 - About:home for e10s
  • bug 897062 - Middle click support for e10s
  • bug 896748 - Notification request box
  • bug 902695 - Implement openURIInFrame
  • bug 895957 - goDoCommand
  • bug 903184 - Disable more FullZoom code
  • bug 786407 - Fix UninstallString for webapps installer
  • bug 902048 - Use getOuterWindowWithId in webappsui.jsm
  • bug 901757 - Create file with correct permissions in webapps installer

mak@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Landed on UX Bug 855805 - Create the Bookmarks widget with subview
  • Experimental patch in Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results.
  • Gone through Downloads Panel feature recent feedback
  • Review Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
  • Review Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
  • Feedback Bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
  • Review Bug 874814 - (OMTConnectionClose) [Storage] Implement OMT AsyncClose()
  • Feedback Bug 891303 - Async-friendly transaction manager for Places
  • Review Bug 895839 - Remove support for binary annotations
  • Feedback Bug 895907 - Aero selection styling bottom border is too much bright
  • Review Bug 896193 - Adopt Promises in mozIAsyncLivemarks

Next:

  • Handle Reviews/Feedback backlog
  • Fix tests for Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results

jaws@mozilla.com

Done:

Landed on UX:

  • Bug 895724 - Remove reload-button and stop-button from browser.xul since they are not needed anymore
  • Bug 895778 - Optimize code path of CustomizableUIInternal.registerToolbar

Up for review:

  • Bug 896291 - "Close other tabs" should show the confirmation dialog if the number of tabs is greater than browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
  • Bug 896157 - Optimize the CustomizableUIInternal.setLocationAttributes function

Build a focused profiler for CustomizableUI and shared it with mconley so we can measure perf changes between optimizations. Will blog about it.

Next:

  • Contact someone from the layout team about a dirty nsIReflowObserver
  • Need to start reaching out to other people to see what possible ideas they may have for fixing perf of WinXP tpaint.

dolske@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Another round of Australis prioritization triage
  • wontfix'd bug 893065 and bug 893013
  • Met with rel-mgmt, support, QA to talk about Australis compat impact with addons
  • Updated patch for bug 355063
  • Lots of other Australis stuff

bmcbride@mozilla.com

Done:

  • CustomizationUI - reviews
  • Handed off character encoding widget patch (bug 865916) due to lack of time, provided brain dump and feedback on Mike's iteration of the patch
  • Add-ons Manager database rewrite - reviews
  • First run experience - hacking on patch, didn't get first working build out yet
  • In Wellington last week for Nethui (conference on Internet issues in NZ), was great
  • Met with a team from NZ's Govt's Dept of Internal Affairs (NZ Govt paid for my lunch - win!), discussing Mozilla/Firefox/add-ons and future collaboration

Next:

  • First run experience - get build into UR's hands, start getting reviews
  • Reviews (surprise!). Current priority list is: urgent Australis stuff, Add-ons Manager perf stuff, non-urgent Australis stuff, everything else.
  • Some followup from Nethui/DIA meeting

Coordination:

  • Please send rum

gavin@gavinsharp.com

Done:

Next:

  • Blog post about work week
  • finalize Q3 goals

tabraldes@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Implemented review comments for bug 795832 - synthesized input events
  • Thought of and implemented a way to avoid SetCursorPos in bug 795832
  • Attempted to get on-screen keyboard to appear by synthesizing click in URL bar
    • That didn't work, so tested manually clicking in URL bar
    • Filed bug 809629 about clicking in URL bar not showing soft keyboard - turns out this is expected behavior
  • Submitted, backed out, fixed, resubmitted patch for bug 795832
  • Switched to building locally with VS2010, switched to building release builds
  • Debugged remaining issue with metro chrome tests; browser hangs while unloading a DLL during shutdown, but log is written
  • Implementing chrome tests
    • Updated browser_context_ui.js to test right-click interaction with context UI

Next:

  • More tests! I'll be going through browser/metro/base/tests/fennectests and porting them to metro

ejpbruel@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Finished the direct proxy class refactor
  • Created an implementation plan for implementing Harmony modules
  • Found some dead code whilst writing a patch for bug 767059
  • Filed a patch for bug 703537
  • Filed a patch for bug 720619
  • Filed a patch for bug 771907
  • Filed a patch for bug 771908
  • Tried (and failed) to reproduce compiler error for bug 722555 locally

Next:

jmathies@mozilla.com

Done:

  • command execute handler prep for review
  • finished up xul fennec code base move. This is as far as I can get things until we work out the mixed platform/app resources problem.
  • fixed pymake/make issues with reg scripts.
  • fixed a bug with the dummy vccor dll that showed up with our builders.
  • upgrading local systems to new win8 release / VS tool set.

Next:

  • migrating metro code base to RC VC11
  • work with bbondy on any xaml interop removal fallout
  • hopefully finish up /browser integration near the end of the week, get elm zip installs functional.

dtownsend@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Submitted pdf.js packaging work for review (bug 740795)
  • Patched a problem on OSX with FAT filesystem profiles (bug 733436)
  • Patched a problem with restartless add-ons when moving profiles between machines (bug 744833)
  • Added some quoting for the extensions crash report annotation (bug 753900)
  • Thoughts on shipping the SDK in Firefox and problems with supporting other apps: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/SDK-in-Firefox

ddahl@mozilla.com

Done:

  • Work Week last week for Identity derailed some development

Made some progress on bug 673432 "Mobile implementation crypto.getRandomValues" - this bug also governs re-adding a crypto object to window on mobile platforms

Worked on bug 734076 - I have a working patch, there are some unanswered questions yet

Next:

More of the same

myk@mozilla.org

Done:

Next:

  • dig into Apps front-end and platform requirements

Coordination:

  • in MV Wednesday

margaret.leibovic@gmail.com

Done:

  • Site settings menuitem (bug 706876)
  • Click-to-play plugins follow-ups

Next:

  • Form autocomplete follow-ups (dependencies set on bug 695444)
  • Random bug fixing

Coordination:

  • PTO next week. Back January 4.

me@shawnwilsher.com

Done:

  • Reviewed bug 699051 - Track slow sql queries on main thread + send them in via telemetry
  • Reviewed bug 465299 - mozStorageStatementWrapper::Initialize should check statement state/validity
  • Reviewed bug 702815 - Maintain a list of open SQLite connections
  • Reviewed bug 703143 - Use a memory multi-reporter for SQLite's per-connection reporting
  • Reviewed bug 557047 - Replace mailnews specific ifdef (MOZ_MAIL_NEWS) in cookie code with tests for a protocol flag

honzab.moz@firemni.cz

Done:

(Extremely busy week, so not much done)

review bug 534764 review bug 623948 analyzes bug 637657 bug 637361 bug 638179 bug 638218

Next:

continue reviewing new http pipelining stuff from Patrick McManus start playing with bug 370886

michal.novotny@gmail.com

Done:

  • bug 604897 - Unable to cache small entries when CACHE00[1-3]_ is full
  • bug 599127 - Wyciwyg channel write's end up doing synchronous disk IO
  • bug 592422 - preallocate individual (non-block) cache files
  • bug 597224 - HTTP Cache: use directory tree to store cache files

Next:

  • bug 614513 - Crash in nsCacheService::DeactivateEntry during Linux Talos ts_cold

bherland@mozilla.com

Done:

bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

bug #589296 (Crash in [@ nsHttpChannel::ContinueProcessResponse): lots of analysis and thinking

bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): patch submitted and reviewed

Next:

bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

bug #536295 (e10s HTTP: offline application cache) : review

bug #575928 ("http-on-modify-request" doesn't work on "CONNECT" method): review

bug #551447 (Avoid async writes to memory-cache) : fix

bug #572557 (nsDiskCacheEvictor::VisitRecord() dooms used entries unnecessary) : fix

Coordination:

bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): waiting for approval

bug #548406 (xpcshell-test causing leak in nsMemoryCache) : needs review (michal)

bparr.invalid@smedbergs.us

Done:

  • Mainly worked on Bug 551274 - Update nsAddonRepository for API version 1.5:
    • Adds functionality needed for my current project
    • Adds a bunch of missing tests for AddonRepository.jsm
  • Landed Bug 558287 - Add support for searching add-ons on AMO via the addon manager's search bar
  • Fixed small bugs:
    • Bug 580379 - Move and improve CSS introduced in Bug 558287
    • Bug 578467 - xpinstall.whitelist.add prefs are not emptied when converted into permissions on startup with new profile

Next:

  • Continue work on current project:
    • Begin showing new information from AMO in detailed and list view (temporarily storing information)
    • Begin work on back-end storage of new AMO data
  • Look into my other beta 4 and beta N blockers

mnandigama.invalid@smedbergs.us

Done:

Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.

Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.

Next:

May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.

Coordination:

Working on winding down and hand-off of the tools/scripts I develop/maintain to A-Team.

kdangoor@mozilla.com

Done:

Can now build Bespin Embedded releases

Next:

Slim down the Bespin Embedded build (currently more than 600K compressed, but not gzipped). More docs Work on CommonJS presentation for JSConf.eu (I'll be giving the presentation at a2div this week.)