Mozilla Status Board

adw@mozilla.com

Current Status - 2015-04-22

Done:

  • posted patches: Bug 1149336 - Fix reading list Sync.jsm TODOs
  • worked on: Bug 1149337 - Beef up reading list sync tests
  • filed, posted patch: Bug 1154850 - "Backoff request had non-numeric value: None"
  • reviewed: Bug 1152698 - scheduler doesn't see sync engine server error responses as errors.
  • reviewed: Bug 1153121 - Write local items to the sync log if any logs have "Trace" level
  • reviewed: Bug 1152145 - Filter for specific suggested tiles adgroups/buckets/frecent_sites lists with display name
  • needinfoed: Bug 1056146 - Fix zoom tests in browser/base/content/test/general/ (using FullZoomHelper) to work in e10s

Older Posts

Member of Projects

Team Posts

gpetrie@mozilla.com today

Done:

  • Task Continuity: Asia recruiting coordination and prep for fieldwork
  • Search: Report on mobile tests. (Available here.)
  • Android First Run: Launched tests. Still slogging through watching videos. I will hopefully have time to complete this while doing fieldwork for Task Continuity, but no promises :)

Next:

  • Task Continuity: Fieldwork in Taiwan & Japan for the next two weeks.

adw@mozilla.com 3 days ago

Done:

  • posted patches: Bug 1149336 - Fix reading list Sync.jsm TODOs
  • worked on: Bug 1149337 - Beef up reading list sync tests
  • filed, posted patch: Bug 1154850 - "Backoff request had non-numeric value: None"
  • reviewed: Bug 1152698 - scheduler doesn't see sync engine server error responses as errors.
  • reviewed: Bug 1153121 - Write local items to the sync log if any logs have "Trace" level
  • reviewed: Bug 1152145 - Filter for specific suggested tiles adgroups/buckets/frecent_sites lists with display name
  • needinfoed: Bug 1056146 - Fix zoom tests in browser/base/content/test/general/ (using FullZoomHelper) to work in e10s

spohl@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

  • bug 1150778: [EME] If Internet Download Manager is installed, it intercepts CDM download - Worked with the development team of Internet Download Manager to isolate the issue and come up with a solution. IDM was able to address the problem on their end by whitelisting the CDM download URL.
  • bug 1154591: getCanStageUpdates has incorrect checks for Windows and B2G - Reviewed patches.
  • bug 1154603: useless !defined(ANDROID) in nsUpdateDriver.cpp - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 1152208: [EME] add clear-key path to gmp service on B2G - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 1155510: app.update.service.errors and app.update.cancellations preferences are not correctly reset - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 1149276: Use Assert instead of do_check_ functions in xpcshell tests - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 989469: Use InContent prefs styling for add-on manager - Reviewed patch.

Next:

  • Verify that our deduplication script for update hotfixes respects the most recent submission for forensic IDs with multiple entries.
  • Write script to extract last-update.log and backup-update.log files from hotfix data for analysis.
  • Installer/updater code reviews
  • bug 1147507: in-place updates result in multiple dock icons when Firefox was pinned to dock
  • bug 1147008: Uninstalls of GMPs should have additional tests

mreid@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Done:

  • Filed Bug 1154338 - libs3 lua wrapper
  • Reviewed data-pipeline PRs: #56 and #58
  • Landed data-pipeline PRs #61 and 62 to update the goamz library
  • Landed data-pipeline PR #63 with prototype client-id Heka input
  • Bug 1151839 - verified data fix
  • Bug 1149666 - provided updated data export
  • Bug 1142543 - verified throttling
  • Checked submission rates from Fx 39/40
  • Forecasting telemetry release data volume based on current stats

Next:

  • Bug 1126958: automate by-day index updates
  • Review data storage plan based on release volume forecasts.

shorlander@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Next:

  • Refinements on Control Center work
  • Refinements on Add-ons Flow Work

rfeeley@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Next:

  • File password mgr UX metrics bugs
  • Review engagement snippet
  • First-run checkin

alessio.placitelli@gmail.com 5 days ago

Done:

  • Fixed bug 1137404 (checkin-needed) - Intermittent talos xperf mainthreadio | File 'c:\windows\system32\en-us\dwrite.dll.mui' was accessed and we were not expecting it
  • Landed bug 1137252 - Telemetry should retain pings even if sending is disabled
  • Landed bug 1154154 - Intermittent browser_updateid.js | application terminated with exit code -11 | Assertion failure: !aOther.IsNull()
  • Landed bug 1154902 - TelemetryEnvironment::error while initializing: TypeError: this._currentEnvironment.profile is undefined (resource://gre/modules/TelemetryEnvironment.jsm:835:6)
  • Landed bug 1154698 - browser_AddonWatcher.js should use Telemetry.canRecordExtended, not Telemetry.canRecord
  • Landed bug 1149980 - Guard |RecordShutdownEndTimeStamp| with |CanRecordExtended|
  • Landed bug 1154518 - Conflicting messages about telemetry

Next:

  • Figure out what's leaking in bug 1145980
  • Move on with Telemetry phase 3 client bugs (tracked in bug 1120356)

agrigas@mozilla.com 5 days ago

Done:

  • Initial sketch of V2 of control center
  • worked with Javaun and Steve Workman on roadmap for privacy and security team
  • shared containers research and planned follow up meetings to continue design work
  • Next:

  • continue working on control center breakdown ticket https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1154742
  • continue work on privacy and security team road map with Javaun and Steve
  • Coordination:

  • connect with local storage team around control center integration
  • connect with philipp around control center v2
  • sfranks@mozilla.com last week

    Done:

    • Tef UX review
    • Work week prep
    • Bug 1139557 - Firefox Hello Monitization Exploration
    • Bug 1137734 - [UX] Design in-room chat
    • Bug 1023933 - Desktop client needs a setting for default camera to use
    • Bug 1109866 - [UX] Redesign "A something went wrong" chat window
    • Bug 1130074 - [UX] Hello panel design refresh
    • Bug 1081336 - [UX] Integrate the Rooms design with the Direct Calling flow
    • Bug 1084991 - [User story] As a standalone UI link clicker in a room, I can send/receive text messages with the other room participant.
    • Bug 1138941 - We should display a better string when we've failed to obtain the camera and video devices
    • Bug 1108893 - [User story] As a desktop client user in a room, I can send/receive text messages with the other room participant.
    • Bug 1132222 - Implement further GA hooks on the standalone UI
    • Bug 1082956 - Replace exit button with "Call Back" button on standalone UI
    • Bug 1081336 - [UX] Integrate the Rooms design with the Direct Calling flow
    • (Filed) Bug 1152833 - EME toolbar should remain visible in full-screen
    • (Filed) Bug 1153417 - Button in Sync Error notification bar should be right-aligned

    Next:

    Hello Work Work in Madrid

    alam@mozilla.com last week

    Done:

    • Mocks for partnership stuff
    • Bug 1137483: adding a "quick search" bar to Android
    • Bug 1098596: Android L theme bugs
    • Icon assets for iOS
    • Explore Android tabs tray improvements
    • Doorhangers UI/UX wrangling

    Next:

    • Bug 1141904: Design spec for stacked doorhangers
    • Bug 1140048: Add "Send to device" Shareplane to top level menu
    • Bug 1137483: "quick search" bar for Android follow up
    • Bug 1112185: Tab queue follow up
    • Blog post about Tab queue

    randersen@mozilla.com 3 weeks ago

    Done:

    Was sick all last week, pretty much useless. :(

    Next:

    • Still hacking away at iOS screens, namely FxA screen update proposals, empty panel states for the Synced Tabs panel.
    • UI tweaks.
    • Email/Bugmail catching up.

    mmaslaney@mozilla.com 3 weeks ago

    Next:

    • Finish up on Version 1 of Reading List / Reader View

    • Start working on Version 2 of Task Continuity and Reading List /Reader View v1.2

    • Work on shipping Fira and Charis with Reader View

    bwinton@mozilla.com 3 weeks ago

    Done:

    Next:

    • Reading List:

      • Continue looking into Reading List polish bugs.
    • Other:

      • Figure out what the next thing I'm going to do is, and when that will be more important than the Reading List polish. ;)

    dhenein@mozilla.com 3 weeks ago

    Done:

    • Partnership proposal for Firefox Android
    • Almost finished my grid/tabs work for iOS

    Next:

    • Interview some mobile Product Managers
    • Keep working on Firefox iOS UI features
    • Review a bunch of incoming PRs for iOS

    bmcbride@mozilla.com 3 months ago

    Done:

    • Autocomplete race bug (bug 1105967) done, just waiting on review (low priority, given everything going on)
    • Much ReadingList work
      • Meetings, planning, UX details, bugs, breakdowns, etc
      • Sidebar is coming along nicely
        • Functionality for this bug mostly done
        • Keyboard navigation done
        • A11y done
        • Visual design done
        • Needs some cleanup, tests, handling adding/removing
          • I like nesting bulletpoints

    ttaubert@mozilla.com 5 months ago

    Bugs:

    Bug 1010411 - Intermittent browser_sessionStorage.js | sessionStorage data for example.com has been serialized correctly - Got inner-value-0.8433122792777099, expected modified2 (Not Started)
    Bug 1073339 - Investigate autocomplete test unreliability on Linux/e10s (In Review)
    Bug 1077652 - Link a preloaded <xul:browser> to a newly created tab instead of swapping docShells (In Review)
    Bug 1104755 - Intermittent browser_tabMatchesInAwesomebar_perwindowpb.js | undefined assertion name - | Test timed out - expected PASS | Found a browser window after previous test timed out - expected PASS (In Review)

    mbonardo@mozilla.com 5 months ago

    Bugs:

    Bug 1083469 - Allow keywords APIs to work in parallel with Bookmarks.jsm (In Review)
    Bug 1089332 - Add a getObservers API for accessing the history observers list from History.jsm and nsPlacesExpiration (In Review)
    Bug 1090308 - Invalidate mDaysOfHistory when getObservers is invoked (In Review)
    Bug 1090961 - Bookmarks.jsm and History.jsm need a solution for concurrent Sqlite transactions (In Review)
    Bug 1101478 - Remove the WindowsJumpLists.jsm depedency on hasHistoryEntries (In Review)

    smacleod@mozilla.com 5 months ago

    Bugs:

    Bug 1068664 - Add new API for downloads held temporarily in a blocked state with partial data (In Review)

    Next:

    • Pickup some E10s work

    Coordination:

    • Waiting on review for Bug 1068664. I don't anticipate large changes, should land this iteration.

    gijs@mozilla.com 5 months ago

    Bugs:

    Bug 1079303 - Doorhangers animation is missing (In Progress)
    Bug 1080801 - Breakdown: Investigate tests in browser/base/content/test/general disabled in e10s (In Progress)
    Bug 1088050 - Need a pref to disable searching for single-word input in the URL bar (In Review)
    Bug 1100079 - enable update badge UI in Nightly (In Review)
    Bug 1100914 - Switch context menu telemetry to a serialized array of states instead of a single string (Not Started)

    Done:

    Addendum: one sec-sensitive bug in review.

    jwein@mozilla.com 5 months ago

    Bugs:

    Bug 1074932 - Desktop client user can access product tour from gears menu (In Progress)
    Bug 1083466 - Implement the FTE UI in the panel body with a button to open the tour tab (In Review)
    Bug 1099495 - Use mozL10n.get instead of mozL10n.get alias in code that already has the alias defined (In Review)
    Bug 1100565 - Margins and paddings are inconsistent/broken since bug 1074672 (Not Started)
    Bug 1100764 - Contacts move up and down when hovering over them (Not Started)
    Bug 1101006 - Refactor mozLoop.{get, set}LoopCharPref and mozLoop.{get, set}LoopBoolPref to mozLoop.{get, set}Pref that uses getPrefType (Not Started)

    Done:

    Bug 1099495, bug 1083466, and bug 1074720 (private bug) have all been granted r+. I'll land them today.

    mano@mozilla.com 6 months ago

    Bugs:

    Bug 937560 - Introduce onDeletePages (In Progress)
    Bug 951651 - Make bookmarkProperties, Star UI and Library info pane work with PlacesTransactions (In Review)
    Bug 982115 - Async Places Transactions: Solution for implementing Cancel/Undo in bookmarks dialog and Star UI (In Progress)
    Bug 1081108 - Implement reorder in Bookmarks.jsm (In Progress)

    Done:

    • Landed the patch for Bug 982115
    • Finished porting most of Places UI to new Async APIs (worked is tracked in bug 951651).

    Next:

    mozilla@noorenberghe.ca 6 months ago

    Bugs:

    Bug 1074670 - Implement NotificationView's button (e.g. retry) (In Progress)
    Bug 1080944 - UITour: tour page needs to know where Hello panel and room view are positioned (Not Started)
    Bug 1093500 - Cleanup registration by pulling push URLs from the push handler (In Progress)

    felipc@gmail.com 6 months ago

    Bugs:

    Bug 863514 - Electrolysis: Make gesture support work (In Progress)
    Bug 1068360 - [e10s] Mixed content blocker doorhanger doesn't work (In Review)

    Done:

    • bug 1068360 - mixed content notification - patch posted, fixing the basic here was very simple. I need to investigate a bit more when mixedContentChannel would get cleared or changed, to make sure it is the same behavior of the isMixedChannelAllowed flag. I imagine I'll need to dispatch an event from docshell and sync this information up in the parent. But this is not important for fixing this specific bug because the network code for mixed content still needs some extra fixing for e10s: bug 1084504
    • bug 1072287 - blinking tab titles - on last Thursday's e10s meeting myself and a few other people tried to reproduce it and couldn't any longer (everybody could easily see the prob before when we triaged the bug), so it was agreed that this bug is worksforme
    • bug 863514 - Gesture support - made more progress on this.. I'm basically converting browser_gestureSupport to work as a frame script. It's a bit more convoluted than expected because the code there is really generic (handling actions as named in prefs, etc.), and it also handles the OSX swiping animations (which are disabled by default but exist)
    • I did some coordination related to getting a SUMO article with screenshots about the automatic translation feature, because the promotional doorhanger that was rolled out with the first beta 34 includes a link to it. Took screenshots from FF on 5 different locales and submitted them to SUMO and talked with the sumo folks to get those approved. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/automatic-translation

    mhoye@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Done:

    Met about Bugzilla-DB dumps, got the information I'll need to see to their resurrection. Pursuing that.

    Coordinating with Kyle about elasticsearch and the new-contributor-patch egg-timer idea. He's respinning an old patch-status dashboard for it - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1074210 - and I'm setting up a 'bot for interested people and #notification

    Got feedback about Firefox And The Academy post, put it up.

    Email, endless email. Patching all the machines I own, because free software is sometimes cruel.

    Next:

    Kill my inbox Add leverage numbers to areweeveryoneyet a small number of straggler planet bugs. Figure out what the uptake of StartMozilla bugs is.

    gfritzsche@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Bugs:

    Bug 1036693 - Plugin Whitelist Request: Novell iPrint Client (2 plugins) (Not Started)
    Bug 1051772 - plugin whitelist request: Cisco VGConnect plugin (Not Started)
    Bug 1064333 - Add stable user id to telemetry ping (In Review)
    Bug 1067989 - Unify some more binary search uses (In Review)

    Done:

    • telemetry stable user id
    • stuff

    Next:

    • bug 917918 cleanup
    • plugin whitelist bugs
    • maybe check into telemetry unification phase 2 a bit

    benjamin@smedbergs.us 8 months ago

    Bugs:

    Bug 791244 - Undo the pref for the temporary hangserver for beta channels until Socorro is awesome (In Review)
    Bug 1053745 - Include OpenH264 plugin in FHR data (In Review)
    Bug 1053746 - Add telemetry probes for OpenH264 plugin (Not Started)

    Done:

    Firefox work week!

    • Desktop platform team announcement; now working with rstrong and vladan and their teams!
    • Switch nightly/aurora back to the main socorro instead of the "skunky" one which was supposed to die in early 2013.
    • Add OpenH264 details into FHR

    Next:

    • Hiring plan
    • Add OpenH264 details into telemetry payload
    • Project prioritizing - need to figure out short-term plan for self-support project

    jmoradi@mozilla.com 9 months ago

    Done:

    IPP experiment:

    • First meetings w/ UX, Metrics, Marketing
    • Talked to bwinton re: Telemetry

    Polaris:

    • holding

    Next:

    IPP experiment:

    • map out all possible scenarios.
    • regroup w/ Metrics, UX, marketing
    • Write our breakdowns for experiment design

    Coordination:

    Polaris:

    • awaiting instructions

    ibarlow@mozilla.com 9 months ago

    Next:

    • UX backlogging
    • Search work with Anthony
    • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

    manishsmail@gmail.com 12 months ago

    Done:

    XHR:

    Other:

    Next:

    • Implement a basic synchronous GET request
    • Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
    • Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent

    mconley@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Bigass holiday + work week!
    • Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
    • Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
    • Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)

    Next:

    • Put the patch for bug 930094 up for review, and file follow-ups for lightweight theme support
    • Get patch for bug 962677 into a reviewable state, reviewed and landed
    • A healthy mix of finding more ways of speeding up the customize mode transition, filing bugs for them, and fixing those bugs.

    Coordination:

    • bwinton and I are meeting with Alina Hua and (maybe) Alex Fowler to make sure the BrowserUITelemetry stuff isn't somehow violating our privacy policy.

    evilpies@gmail.com last year

    Done:

    • I was in Mountain View to meet the e10s people.
    • Mrbkap joined us!
    • We met the EFF people working on HTTPS Everywhere and figured out how to make it work with electrolysis.
    • Wrote a patch for Bug 691614 (Zooming). Bill put it up for review yesterday.
    • Started working on Bug 910384 (Filepicker doesn't work in e10s). Basically what I am doing is that we open the filepicker in the parent and send a file descriptor/handle to the child for every file that was opened. Seems to kind of work, sadly our infrastructure for these kind of file descriptor is not very good. Eg. cloning them, which is quite it important doesn't work.

    Next:

    • Finally finish Bug 939294, which requires me to push to try all the time to test B2G builds :(
    • Should talk to the security people about my ideas for the filepicker.

    pamadini@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Downloads: Compatibility of the API modules with B2G (see bug 926955)
    • Logins: Rework DeferredTask to allow asynchronous tasks (bug 940408)

    Next:

    • Logins: Remove main-thread I/O (bug 853549)
    • Promises: Investigate using DOM promises instead of "Promise.jsm"
    • Downloads: API extensibility (bug 899013), decommissioning (bug 851471)

    mhammond@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    testing, testing, 1..2..3..

    • Work on e10s test infrastructure
    • Work on Sync.Next tests

    Next:

    testing, testing, 4..5..6..

    mdeboer@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
    • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
    • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
    • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
    • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    Next:

    • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
    • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
    • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    enndeakin@gmail.com last year

    Done:

    908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in

    Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.

    scaraveo@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • worked out new approach for patches in case remote frameworker doesnt land
    • small stuff landed, still working towards finishing out bug 889427
    • partner meetings

    Next:

    • possible slight changes to ux for socialmarks button

    fgomes@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Done:

    • bug 851466 - Import downloads.sqlite to downloads.json
      • Started working in this bug, posted a wip v1 and worked through the feedback for a v2
    • Various reviews and feedback and working with e10s folks
    • bug 516753 - Refactor context area menu for e10s
    • bug 899222 - About:home for e10s
    • bug 897062 - Middle click support for e10s
    • bug 896748 - Notification request box
    • bug 902695 - Implement openURIInFrame
    • bug 895957 - goDoCommand
    • bug 903184 - Disable more FullZoom code
    • bug 786407 - Fix UninstallString for webapps installer
    • bug 902048 - Use getOuterWindowWithId in webappsui.jsm
    • bug 901757 - Create file with correct permissions in webapps installer

    mak@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Landed on UX Bug 855805 - Create the Bookmarks widget with subview
    • Experimental patch in Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results.
    • Gone through Downloads Panel feature recent feedback
    • Review Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
    • Review Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
    • Feedback Bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
    • Review Bug 874814 - (OMTConnectionClose) [Storage] Implement OMT AsyncClose()
    • Feedback Bug 891303 - Async-friendly transaction manager for Places
    • Review Bug 895839 - Remove support for binary annotations
    • Feedback Bug 895907 - Aero selection styling bottom border is too much bright
    • Review Bug 896193 - Adopt Promises in mozIAsyncLivemarks

    Next:

    • Handle Reviews/Feedback backlog
    • Fix tests for Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results

    jaws@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Landed on UX:

    • Bug 895724 - Remove reload-button and stop-button from browser.xul since they are not needed anymore
    • Bug 895778 - Optimize code path of CustomizableUIInternal.registerToolbar

    Up for review:

    • Bug 896291 - "Close other tabs" should show the confirmation dialog if the number of tabs is greater than browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
    • Bug 896157 - Optimize the CustomizableUIInternal.setLocationAttributes function

    Build a focused profiler for CustomizableUI and shared it with mconley so we can measure perf changes between optimizations. Will blog about it.

    Next:

    • Contact someone from the layout team about a dirty nsIReflowObserver
    • Need to start reaching out to other people to see what possible ideas they may have for fixing perf of WinXP tpaint.

    bzbarsky@mit.edu last year

    Done:

    • Removed most Navigator XPCOM goop
    • Lots of reviews
    • Poking a servo for a bit
    • More progress on infallible DOM getters
    • Some time off

    Next:

    • Try to wrap up DOM infallible getters
    • Reviews
    • More time off

    dolske@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Another round of Australis prioritization triage
    • wontfix'd bug 893065 and bug 893013
    • Met with rel-mgmt, support, QA to talk about Australis compat impact with addons
    • Updated patch for bug 355063
    • Lots of other Australis stuff

    gavin@gavinsharp.com last year

    Done:

    Next:

    • Blog post about work week
    • finalize Q3 goals

    bturner@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    bug 643325 - Implementation for SharedWorkers

    Next:

    bug 643325 - Add additional tests bug 877482 - Figure out why blobs are crashing again bug 879787 bug 871445 - Feedback on DataStore API bug 772765 - Review API for conference calls Reviews and such

    tabraldes@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Implemented review comments for bug 795832 - synthesized input events
    • Thought of and implemented a way to avoid SetCursorPos in bug 795832
    • Attempted to get on-screen keyboard to appear by synthesizing click in URL bar
      • That didn't work, so tested manually clicking in URL bar
      • Filed bug 809629 about clicking in URL bar not showing soft keyboard - turns out this is expected behavior
    • Submitted, backed out, fixed, resubmitted patch for bug 795832
    • Switched to building locally with VS2010, switched to building release builds
    • Debugged remaining issue with metro chrome tests; browser hangs while unloading a DLL during shutdown, but log is written
    • Implementing chrome tests
      • Updated browser_context_ui.js to test right-click interaction with context UI

    Next:

    • More tests! I'll be going through browser/metro/base/tests/fennectests and porting them to metro

    jmathies@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • command execute handler prep for review
    • finished up xul fennec code base move. This is as far as I can get things until we work out the mixed platform/app resources problem.
    • fixed pymake/make issues with reg scripts.
    • fixed a bug with the dummy vccor dll that showed up with our builders.
    • upgrading local systems to new win8 release / VS tool set.

    Next:

    • migrating metro code base to RC VC11
    • work with bbondy on any xaml interop removal fallout
    • hopefully finish up /browser integration near the end of the week, get elm zip installs functional.

    dtownsend@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Submitted pdf.js packaging work for review (bug 740795)
    • Patched a problem on OSX with FAT filesystem profiles (bug 733436)
    • Patched a problem with restartless add-ons when moving profiles between machines (bug 744833)
    • Added some quoting for the extensions crash report annotation (bug 753900)
    • Thoughts on shipping the SDK in Firefox and problems with supporting other apps: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/SDK-in-Firefox

    ddahl@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Work Week last week for Identity derailed some development

    Made some progress on bug 673432 "Mobile implementation crypto.getRandomValues" - this bug also governs re-adding a crypto object to window on mobile platforms

    Worked on bug 734076 - I have a working patch, there are some unanswered questions yet

    Next:

    More of the same

    myk@mozilla.org

    Done:

    Next:

    • dig into Apps front-end and platform requirements

    Coordination:

    • in MV Wednesday

    margaret.leibovic@gmail.com

    Done:

    • Site settings menuitem (bug 706876)
    • Click-to-play plugins follow-ups

    Next:

    • Form autocomplete follow-ups (dependencies set on bug 695444)
    • Random bug fixing

    Coordination:

    • PTO next week. Back January 4.

    me@shawnwilsher.com

    Done:

    • Reviewed bug 699051 - Track slow sql queries on main thread + send them in via telemetry
    • Reviewed bug 465299 - mozStorageStatementWrapper::Initialize should check statement state/validity
    • Reviewed bug 702815 - Maintain a list of open SQLite connections
    • Reviewed bug 703143 - Use a memory multi-reporter for SQLite's per-connection reporting
    • Reviewed bug 557047 - Replace mailnews specific ifdef (MOZ_MAIL_NEWS) in cookie code with tests for a protocol flag

    cjones@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • work week, belated Independence Day
    • landed cross-process d3d10, un-landed for breaking bookmark test in fennec (argh!!!)
    • fixed gecko SDK issue with exception wrapping in VC10
    • removed another reached NS_NOTREACHED() in TabChild
    • some plans for how plugins will work with multiple content processes

    Next:

    • de-un-land cross-process d3d10 layers
    • start on shared plugin processes
    • propose canvas API changes to whatwg
    • 664077, 662009, some others as time is available

    honzab.moz@firemni.cz

    Done:

    (Extremely busy week, so not much done)

    review bug 534764 review bug 623948 analyzes bug 637657 bug 637361 bug 638179 bug 638218

    Next:

    continue reviewing new http pipelining stuff from Patrick McManus start playing with bug 370886

    michal.novotny@gmail.com

    Done:

    • bug 604897 - Unable to cache small entries when CACHE00[1-3]_ is full
    • bug 599127 - Wyciwyg channel write's end up doing synchronous disk IO
    • bug 592422 - preallocate individual (non-block) cache files
    • bug 597224 - HTTP Cache: use directory tree to store cache files

    Next:

    • bug 614513 - Crash in nsCacheService::DeactivateEntry during Linux Talos ts_cold

    bhsieh.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    r+ on startupcache crash patch (bug 595924). Fixed tests for async launch, but cjones suggests a new approach (bug 592768). Got r+ for all pieces in stat invalidation bug (bug 594058). Some failures on try that I haven't investigated, passes all the tests in mozapps/extensions locally. r+ on partial fix for startupcache fragmentation (bug 593349). r+ for prefixing in startupcache (bug 588335).

    Next:

    Investigate try test failures on stat-based invalidation (most likely random/unrelated, I think). Move startupcache IO off main thread (bug 586859). This hurts fennec startup. Redo async launch patch if I have time.

    If tree opens for betaN, land patches for all of the above.

    bherland@mozilla.com

    Done:

    bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

    bug #589296 (Crash in [@ nsHttpChannel::ContinueProcessResponse): lots of analysis and thinking

    bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): patch submitted and reviewed

    Next:

    bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

    bug #536295 (e10s HTTP: offline application cache) : review

    bug #575928 ("http-on-modify-request" doesn't work on "CONNECT" method): review

    bug #551447 (Avoid async writes to memory-cache) : fix

    bug #572557 (nsDiskCacheEvictor::VisitRecord() dooms used entries unnecessary) : fix

    Coordination:

    bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): waiting for approval

    bug #548406 (xpcshell-test causing leak in nsMemoryCache) : needs review (michal)

    bparr.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    • Mainly worked on Bug 551274 - Update nsAddonRepository for API version 1.5:
      • Adds functionality needed for my current project
      • Adds a bunch of missing tests for AddonRepository.jsm
    • Landed Bug 558287 - Add support for searching add-ons on AMO via the addon manager's search bar
    • Fixed small bugs:
      • Bug 580379 - Move and improve CSS introduced in Bug 558287
      • Bug 578467 - xpinstall.whitelist.add prefs are not emptied when converted into permissions on startup with new profile

    Next:

    • Continue work on current project:
      • Begin showing new information from AMO in detailed and list view (temporarily storing information)
      • Begin work on back-end storage of new AMO data
    • Look into my other beta 4 and beta N blockers

    frederic.plourde@collabora.co.uk

    Done:

    Next:

    integration to maemo on-device for final Q2 rush...

    • fennectrolysis+layers integration
    • fennecko integration

    mozilla@benjamn.com

    Done:

    • Have buildbot infrastructure up and running for slow-network simulation to test HTML5 speculative parsing performance.
    • Had meeting with jorendorff, bz, and gal about implementing virtual properties in the JS engine.
    • Made progress towards implementing the final nsIJetpack/PJetpack multi-process API (thanks to recursive IPDL structs/unions).

    Next:

    • Reimplement CPOWs using gal's Proxies.
    • Finishing up the parser perf testsuite.
    • Coordinating with the Jetpack team to make sure the multi-process model works for everyone.
    • Revisit bug 552136 to create a reliable nsGlobalWindow tear-down hook, per bz's request (copied from my last update).

    mnandigama.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.

    Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.

    Next:

    May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.

    Coordination:

    Working on winding down and hand-off of the tools/scripts I develop/maintain to A-Team.

    antoine.azar@collabora.co.uk

    Done:

    Work on bug 516749, finalized the parent/chrome side.

    Next:

    Fix a remaining bug with casting, and check all prompts that should use the new IPDL protocol.

    kdangoor@mozilla.com

    Done:

    Can now build Bespin Embedded releases

    Next:

    Slim down the Bespin Embedded build (currently more than 600K compressed, but not gzipped). More docs Work on CommonJS presentation for JSConf.eu (I'll be giving the presentation at a2div this week.)