firstname.lastname@example.org last week
- Partner meetings
- Hacking on things like First Run, Private browsing, experiments, etc
- First Run
- Tracking Protection on Android
- Partner stuff
- "Open in Background" improvements
email@example.com last week
So much Whistler. Wow.
Kinderfox for Tablets, nailing down v1 features.
Wrapped up iOS UI bugs, feature focus.
Continuing iOS UI tweaks. File all the bugs!
Contributing to the End Game Checklist.
FYI: PTO this week, son home from school. Though I will likely be bad at it and work anyway. Feel free to ping me if you need anything.
firstname.lastname@example.org 11 months ago
- UX backlogging
- Search work with Anthony
- Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!
email@example.com last year
- Good discussion around making add-ons more visible in Fennec, using that to drive adoption.
- Opining on places GUID maintenance: bug 1012597.
- Helping out with testing Sync deprecation indicators: bug 1017443.
- Figuring out a path forward for awkward (read: three-char) locales on Android.
- Hiring hiring hiring.
- Answering some Sync-related support questions.
- Booked June/July travel.
- Filed bugs for end-of-lifing Android 2.2. Lots of code can die.
- Offering some partner guidance re implementing Sync/FxA in C++.
- FHR for translation: bug 978158.
- Nick's work on customizing device name: bug 788688.
- Nick's work on sync icon spinning: bug 1015974.
- Telemetry probes for self-hosted Sync: bug 1014957.
- input type=file: bug 1014161.
- Expose device type to remote tabs list: bug 899643.
- A few miscellaneous patches (bug 1016389, bug 1015549, bug 1015794, bug 1010531).
- Telemetry probe for HomeProvider DB errors: bug 1017778.
- Enable WAL for HomeProvider to avoid concurrency issue: bug 1006947.
- Easier WAL in 16+: bug 1014988.
- Lots of distribution fixes: bug 1013684, bug 1014338 and friends.
- Trying to figure out an API 11-12 issue in locale switching: bug 1015209. Waiting for a 3.2 tablet from snorp. Thanks, snorp!
- Merge rush bugs.
- More reviews.
- Triage and Reviews (shocking I know)
- Landed a fix for storing Cache.Trash#### files in the Android cache folder bug 754575
- Packing boxes
- Moving "Casa Finkle": PTO Thursday, Friday and Monday
- Reviews? If you need a fast review, look for someone else until Tuesday.
Forgot to post report last week so this is for the last couple of weeks:
- AwesomeBar in birch (bug 697121, bug 697747, bug 697120, bug 695307)
- Initial implementation with frecency, bookmarks, and history
- Performance improvements
- Misc bug fixes (bug 697070)
- Misc code cleanups/refactorings in native UI (bug 697705, bug 697505)
- Work week in Toronto
- Patch reviews on birch patches
- Helped Bret Reckard and Desigan Chinniah representing Mozilla at Silicon Milk Roundabout in London (recruiting event)
- Fix layout of tabs to use label only
- First go on design implementation with real assets
- General bug fixing
- Work on Firefox Mobile talk for MozCamp Europe
- Contact new Fennec contributors to let them know about the native UI work
- Blog about native UI work and how to contribute
Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.
Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.
May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.
Bug 499904 - after exploring adding DBus handling directly into Fennec as part of the phone support component, I'm instead writing a small proxy utility that will intercept Maemo browser requests and use them to launch Fennec. This relies on bug 529576 to land to have proper "open in new tab" behavior