Mozilla Status Board

Project: User-experience

bwinton@mozilla.com today

Done:

  • Measurement:

    • Send Madhava and Philipp a list of research questions.
  • Weekly Update Prototype:

    • Style the header like Darrin's status tool.
    • Add the ability to hide the submit/preview when we're not interested in it.
    • Change the borders to a vertical line between the two columns.
    • Move "Settings | Logout" to the sidebar.
    • Remove redundant "Posted on".
    • Make the header dark with white text.
    • Move the hide button away from the other two.
    • Make the dropdowns into dropdown buttons.
    • Add bug data to feed and email.
    • Add padding around the bugpost form.
    • Switch bug options to a dropdown.
    • Switch the positions of the bugs and the text fields.
    • Use icons to show the status of bugs, and show full title in postlist.

Next:

  • Weekly Update Prototype:

    • Show people by date.
    • Fix any bugs that have cropped up.
  • Whimsy:

    • Test whimsy with compartment-per-addon.
  • Other:

Coordination:

Going to try to update every day from now on, although this week may be tricky, what with the work week and all.

sfranks@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1053890 - [UX] define user-experience when downloads are detected as malware (In Review)
Bug 1053893 - [UX] mockup for selected search engine prompt (In Review)

alam@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Surfacing Add-ons project kick off
  • Brought Kar up to speed on Search
  • Toolbar visual refinements with Lucas
  • Started to audit UI/UX of second screen projects again
  • Firefox Search standing bugs
  • Initial stage ideas for "tab management" on Android

Next:

  • Continue with design audit of second screen UI/UX
  • More follow up around bug 1052004 (menu items backgrounds, etc)
  • Firefox Search bugs
  • Firefox for Tablets work
  • PTO Friday afternoon!

Coordination:

  • Mfinkle, Kar: Roku, Search
  • Yuan, Robin: Add-ons and Android stuffz
  • Arcadio: More screens and visual material

athornburgh@mozilla.com last week

Done:

• Interest Dashboard - Incomplete View, mocks and specs • Engaged with Wondersauce for S2W • Updated partner docs for Enhanced Tiles

Next:

• Create layover with tips for first view of Interest Dashboard • Create "What is this page?" text page based on SUMO pages for Enhanced Tiles (Bug 1057540) • New Enhanced Tiles request: 1-click ordering for Pizza Hut (UX)

shorlander@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • DevFox Mockups
  • Getting caught up on Search stuff

Next:

  • More Search stuff

mmaslaney@mozilla.com last week

Done:

Bug 1020372 - [UX] Visual design for Tab center

Next:

Bug 1036090 - [UX] Styling for in-content preference dialogs

Bug 1052011 - [UX] Visual design for sharing permissions UI

Bug 1053176 - [10.10] Figure out transparency design for OS X Yosemite

Bug 1052534 - [10.10] Update back/forward keyhole per design for Yosemite

Coordination:

Working with Engineering on the Yosemite update.

dhenein@mozilla.com last week

Done:

Next:

  • Finish Loop model explorations
  • Plow through needinfo queue
  • Review pull requests on SideTabs & fix broken build link

Coordination:

  • Waiting on Loop decisions re: 34/35

mverdi@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Birthday week complete - both of my kids are now "adults" (21 & 18 yrs old). No that doesn't make me feel old at all. Why do you ask?
  • Joined the Fx growth team, work is being tracked here.
    • Added some feature promotion and reset work to the growth team backlog
    • Get YouTube to serve the HTML5 video player to Firefox - Initial presentation
    • Investigated if we can learn what state Fx was in when a user made another browser the default - seems pretty difficult to do.
    • Collecting research into issues that drive users to use another browser.
  • Got the people working on promoting and explaining Hello in a meeting to share ideas.

Next:

  • Looks like growth team work will be a big thing for a while.
  • Going to SF for growth team workday (will be there Tue, Wed, Thurs).

Coordination:

philipp@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Lots of meetings, conversations, doc-writing for project Polaris (ping me if you'd like to know more)
  • UI for app sharing (bug 1053221)
  • Gave feedback on bug 1020372
  • Getting devs unstuck on various minor UI questions

Next:

  • Out today (Monday)
  • Sketching and experimentation for Polaris
  • Fix problems with improved screen sharing flow (bug 1037162)

Coordination:

  • Stephen about search
  • Javaun, Winston, Dolske & others about Polaris
  • Someone in UR about users relationship to privacy (and in particular how much pain they are willing to take for it)

randersen@mozilla.com last week

Done:

Had kick-off for Add-ons surfacing/discovery.

Began rough metrics of Add-ons using available data.

Started email thread with Amy Tsay, Jorge Villalobos, and Kris Maglione to get an overview of Add-on metrics. Scheduling time to video chat this week.

Add-on research (history, patterns on browser, discovery, categories, themes, etc.)

Kept sick toddler quarantined.

Next:

Continue research of Add-on history, UX patterns on browser and current mobile experience.

Go over metrics, specifically asking for data involving use with Themes, Search Engines, Extensions, Mobile compatible code, Mobile specific code, Mobile specific app, Featured algorithm.

Return to Bug 965377, is related to Add-on project but looking for best MVP to close it.

Coordination:

Amy Tsay, Jorge Villalobos, and Kris Maglione Anthony and Yuan Karen

ywang@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Gave UX feedback for bug 1042201, bug 758317.
  • Fennec and B2G browser sync-up
  • Surfacing addons kick-off meeting
  • Planning work for program review
  • Caught a flu and stayed home most of the time

Next:

  • In Toronto for Program Review Wed and Thurs. Available Tuesday morning and Friday afternoon
  • Give UX feedback for bug 1027078
  • Work on the design for bug 1042201, follow up with bug 948509(edge case scenario)

Coordination:

  • Karen on program review
  • Anthony, Robin on everything Android

ddemerson@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Presentation
  • Interny stuff

Next:

  • Theme switching for vertical tabs
  • Finishing up notification and toolbar styles for vertical tabs
  • Leaving :(

ibarlow@mozilla.com last month

Next:

  • UX backlogging
  • Search work with Anthony
  • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

jboriss@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Worked on Site Identity spec for implementaiton
  • Sketched wireframe variations for Project N.
  • Finished scoping and pitch document for Project N for steering committee meeting
  • Worked on Australis styling bugs
  • Added new partner booking.com to Tiles, created assets

Next:

  • Finish Site Identity spec
  • Digitize sketched Project N wireframes
  • Add assets to Dropbox
  • Finish bugs for download panel
  • Support Eng followup bugs from last cycle

zfang@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Light-weight Themes in customization
  • Next:

    • Finish light weight themes
    • Wrap up feature promotion plan

    jgruen@mozilla.com 3 months ago

    Done:

    • first pass user flow for loop-fxa integration.
    • fixed an pain-in-the-ass bug on fxa-content-server.
    • hung out in toronto.
    • refactored chameleon for easier CSS extraction.
    • made deck for FxA engineers explaining Android Account UI

    Next:

    • make similar deck for iOS
    • bug fixes
    • design proposal for profile pickers
    • initial spec for fxa on ffos 2.1
    • fix fxa on ffos 2.0 CSS

    rfeeley@mozilla.com 4 months ago

    Done:

    • Plan migration experience for existing Sync users
    • Single sign on experience (i.e. Marketplace, “Loop”) for Firefox Accounts

    Next:

    • Communicate, negotiate and possibly redesign migration experience for existing Sync users
    • User testing for Firefox Accounts

    Coordination:

    • Accounts in the browser - multiple features in Firefox accounts, multiple accounts in Firefox (Jen and Zhenshuo)
    • Synced tabs - John Gruen for improving existing in-content
    • Synced tabs - Phillip rest of team for dedicated Australis menu or other hybrid design

    abc@mozilla.com 5 months ago

    Done:

    • Idea sketches/wireframes

      • Bug 762298 - Request: Bookmark organization and or sorting
      • Bug 972193 - Allow folder management in Fennec bookmarks UI
      • Bug 971922 - Lack of History Management in History 'Tab' confuse users
    • Sketches for redesign to include changing and resetting passcode

      • Bug 985637 - Protect payment information with passcode

    Next:

    • Refine designs on all misc bugs from last week
    • Tabbed browsing - Idea sketches (spilled from last week)
    • PDF.js bugs (get some feedback on bugs split & post)

    vtsatskin@mozilla.com 6 months ago

    Done:

    Next:

    • User Testing

      • Refine "unresponsive script" pilot and launch
      • Start developing pilot for in-content error messages
    • Internet Connectivity and Work Offline Mode

      • Determine current status of work to get to working state
      • Define work offline fully (from feedback)
    • Metro

      • Higher fidelity prototypes from existing paper prototypes.
    • More FxOS Rocketbar User Testing analysis

    yuan@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Done:

    [Sorry for not being here in person. Trying to get a few hours sleep before all the must-go mtgs] Worked on two HTML5 concept prototypes for Android tablet refresh sprint #1: [1]http://tinyurl.com/p953pnz [2]http://tinyurl.com/qb4y8ag Finished testing script on usertesting.com. Draft:http://goo.gl/MiJepk Prioritized and filed main UX work for Metro v2

    Next:

    Finish tablet prototype 3 for sprint #1 Launch tests on usertesting.com Celebrate the year of horse! (PTO from 01/31 till 02/03)

    Coordination:

    Metro launch kick-off mtg with PR and marketing Tablet sync up with Ian

    aganesan@mozilla.com 9 months ago

    Done:

    • Form Auto-fill: Ground research

    Next:

    • Form Auto-fill: Consolidate research findings

    Coordination:

    • PDF.js: Anthony Lam for visual design, Engineering & Product for development

    mdeboer@mozilla.com 11 months ago

    Done:

    • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
    • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
    • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
    • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
    • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    Next:

    • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
    • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
    • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library