- Send Madhava and Philipp a list of research questions.
Weekly Update Prototype:
- Style the header like Darrin's status tool.
- Add the ability to hide the submit/preview when we're not interested in it.
- Change the borders to a vertical line between the two columns.
- Move "Settings | Logout" to the sidebar.
- Remove redundant "Posted on".
- Make the header dark with white text.
- Move the hide button away from the other two.
- Make the dropdowns into dropdown buttons.
- Add bug data to feed and email.
- Add padding around the bugpost form.
- Switch bug options to a dropdown.
- Switch the positions of the bugs and the text fields.
- Use icons to show the status of bugs, and show full title in postlist.
Weekly Update Prototype:
- Show people by date.
- Fix any bugs that have cropped up.
- Test whimsy with compartment-per-addon.
- Write a blog post about OpenVisConf.
- Add bugzilla title previews to https://github.com/darrinhenein/mozilla-status-app.
firstname.lastname@example.org 4 days ago
email@example.com last week
- Surfacing Add-ons project kick off
- Brought Kar up to speed on Search
- Toolbar visual refinements with Lucas
- Started to audit UI/UX of second screen projects again
- Firefox Search standing bugs
- Initial stage ideas for "tab management" on Android
- Continue with design audit of second screen UI/UX
- More follow up around bug 1052004 (menu items backgrounds, etc)
- Firefox Search bugs
- Firefox for Tablets work
- PTO Friday afternoon!
firstname.lastname@example.org last week
• Interest Dashboard - Incomplete View, mocks and specs • Engaged with Wondersauce for S2W • Updated partner docs for Enhanced Tiles
• Create layover with tips for first view of Interest Dashboard • Create "What is this page?" text page based on SUMO pages for Enhanced Tiles (Bug 1057540) • New Enhanced Tiles request: 1-click ordering for Pizza Hut (UX)
email@example.com last week
- DevFox Mockups
- Getting caught up on Search stuff
- More Search stuff
firstname.lastname@example.org last week
Bug 1020372 - [UX] Visual design for Tab center
email@example.com last week
- Closed bug 1048555 (https://people.mozilla.org/~dhenein/labs/co-browsing/)
- London for TEF meetings on Loop Ecosystem & Loop Mobile
- Explored some new models for video calling/conferencing
- Explored ways to flatten/simplify the UX given current implementation
- Feedback and clarity on Loop implementation bugs (bug 1029436, bug 1047667, bug 1047144, bug 1047410, bug 1039987)
- (Briefly) got my bugzilla/needinfo count below 20
- Finish Loop model explorations
- Plow through needinfo queue
- Review pull requests on SideTabs & fix broken build link
firstname.lastname@example.org last week
- Birthday week complete - both of my kids are now "adults" (21 & 18 yrs old). No that doesn't make me feel old at all. Why do you ask?
- Joined the Fx growth team, work is being tracked here.
- Added some feature promotion and reset work to the growth team backlog
- Get YouTube to serve the HTML5 video player to Firefox - Initial presentation
- Investigated if we can learn what state Fx was in when a user made another browser the default - seems pretty difficult to do.
- Collecting research into issues that drive users to use another browser.
- Got the people working on promoting and explaining Hello in a meeting to share ideas.
- Looks like growth team work will be a big thing for a while.
- Going to SF for growth team workday (will be there Tue, Wed, Thurs).
email@example.com last week
- Out today (Monday)
- Sketching and experimentation for Polaris
- Fix problems with improved screen sharing flow (bug 1037162)
firstname.lastname@example.org last week
Had kick-off for Add-ons surfacing/discovery.
Began rough metrics of Add-ons using available data.
Started email thread with Amy Tsay, Jorge Villalobos, and Kris Maglione to get an overview of Add-on metrics. Scheduling time to video chat this week.
Add-on research (history, patterns on browser, discovery, categories, themes, etc.)
Kept sick toddler quarantined.
Continue research of Add-on history, UX patterns on browser and current mobile experience.
Go over metrics, specifically asking for data involving use with Themes, Search Engines, Extensions, Mobile compatible code, Mobile specific code, Mobile specific app, Featured algorithm.
Return to Bug 965377, is related to Add-on project but looking for best MVP to close it.
email@example.com last week
firstname.lastname@example.org last month
- Interny stuff
- Theme switching for vertical tabs
- Finishing up notification and toolbar styles for vertical tabs
- Leaving :(
email@example.com last month
- UX backlogging
- Search work with Anthony
- Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!
firstname.lastname@example.org last month
- Worked on Site Identity spec for implementaiton
- Sketched wireframe variations for Project N.
- Finished scoping and pitch document for Project N for steering committee meeting
- Worked on Australis styling bugs
- Added new partner booking.com to Tiles, created assets
- Finish Site Identity spec
- Digitize sketched Project N wireframes
- Add assets to Dropbox
- Finish bugs for download panel
- Support Eng followup bugs from last cycle
email@example.com last month
- Feature Promotion next step
- Bug 1028968 - [UX] Designs for in-product promotion of Firefox Account creation
- Finish light weight themes
- Wrap up feature promotion plan
firstname.lastname@example.org 3 months ago
- first pass user flow for loop-fxa integration.
- fixed an pain-in-the-ass bug on fxa-content-server.
- hung out in toronto.
- refactored chameleon for easier CSS extraction.
- made deck for FxA engineers explaining Android Account UI
- make similar deck for iOS
- bug fixes
- design proposal for profile pickers
- initial spec for fxa on ffos 2.1
- fix fxa on ffos 2.0 CSS
email@example.com 4 months ago
- Plan migration experience for existing Sync users
- Single sign on experience (i.e. Marketplace, “Loop”) for Firefox Accounts
- Communicate, negotiate and possibly redesign migration experience for existing Sync users
- User testing for Firefox Accounts
firstname.lastname@example.org 5 months ago
Sketches for redesign to include changing and resetting passcode
- Bug 985637 - Protect payment information with passcode
- Refine designs on all misc bugs from last week
- Tabbed browsing - Idea sketches (spilled from last week)
- PDF.js bugs (get some feedback on bugs split & post)
email@example.com 6 months ago
- Ran two pilot studies for "unresponsive script" dialog
Internet Connectivity and Work Offline Mode
- Created document outlining current behaviors and problems with potential solutions
- Distributed for feedback
Participated in Metro Work Week
- Helped with FxOS Rocketbar User Testing analysis
- Refine "unresponsive script" pilot and launch
- Start developing pilot for in-content error messages
Internet Connectivity and Work Offline Mode
- Determine current status of work to get to working state
- Define work offline fully (from feedback)
- Higher fidelity prototypes from existing paper prototypes.
More FxOS Rocketbar User Testing analysis
firstname.lastname@example.org 7 months ago
[Sorry for not being here in person. Trying to get a few hours sleep before all the must-go mtgs] Worked on two HTML5 concept prototypes for Android tablet refresh sprint #1: http://tinyurl.com/p953pnz http://tinyurl.com/qb4y8ag Finished testing script on usertesting.com. Draft:http://goo.gl/MiJepk Prioritized and filed main UX work for Metro v2
Finish tablet prototype 3 for sprint #1 Launch tests on usertesting.com Celebrate the year of horse! (PTO from 01/31 till 02/03)
email@example.com 9 months ago
- Form Auto-fill: Ground research
- Form Auto-fill: Consolidate research findings
firstname.lastname@example.org 11 months ago
- Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
- Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
- Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
- Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
- Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library