Mozilla Status Board

Recent Posts (All Users)

dteller@mozilla.com today

Done:

  • Async Tooling

    • Bug 1069577 - PromiseWorker should support transfering values - filed, v1
    • Bug 1068620 - Provide a Sqlite.wrapStorageConnection method - reviewed (landed)
    • Bug 1066619 - PromiseWorker should accept a Promise as a message - done (landed)
    • Bug 1009799 - [OS.File] Optimize writeAtomic for very large strings - review
  • Places

    • Bug 834545 - Add new async removePlaces API in mozIAsyncHistory - v3
    • Bug 1064768 - History.cpp should use nsMainThreadPtrHandle
  • Session Restore

    • Bug 1029471 - Firefox does not scale to 2500 tabs: function ssi_getTabForBrowser() has Ω(n) performance while it should have O(1) performance - mentoring
    • Bug 1039500 - tabbrowser's _getTabForBrowser is very slow with lots of tabs - mentoring/review
    • Bug 1067709 - Firefox crash at startup when a restore session screen is displayed - investigated
  • Shutdown

    • Bug 1044020 - [AsyncShutdown] Use the CrashReporter to find out the duration of shutdown phases - v2
  • Community

    • Bug 1064821 - Throw Component.exceptions instead of strings in contentprefs - mentoring
    • Bug 451578 - Replace |.getService() .QueryInterface(iid)| by |.getService(iid)| in mozilla-central - mentoring/review
    • Plenty of Welcome Wagon
  • Misc

    • Updating MacOS X... and busting m-c.
    • Medusawatch
    • Misc mentoring

Next:

  • Bug 1044020 - [AsyncShutdown] Use the CrashReporter to find out the duration of shutdown phases - finish, land
  • Decide with mak whether removePlaces should actually be reimplemented in js.

Coordination:

  • Not work related
    • Nanny-less week.
    • Cold water week.

adw@mozilla.com today

Bugs:

Bug 941428 - Breakdown - UITour: UITour.jsm not e10s friendly (Not Started)

Done:

  • landed on all three branches: Bug 1066794 - Make the search suggestions popup on about:home/about:newtab more consistent with the main search bar's popup for 33
  • landed on all three branches: Bug 1060888 - Autocomplete drop down list item should not be copied to the search fields when mouse over the list item
  • landed on all three branches: Bug 1068852 - Visual feed-back should be provided to the search suggestion list item
  • reviewed: Bug 1043805 - Blocked content doorhanger should show a large red shield when both types of protection are disabled
  • reviewed: Bug 1032324 - about:newtab can't switch search engine if icon/logo/image is not available
  • reviewed: Bug 1058435 - ContentPrefService should record the time a permission was added/modified, and offer a way to reset those changed after a specified date
  • reviewed: Bug 1021654 - Unprivileged about:newtab: Convert about:newtab to use messages and a content script in order to work well in e10s
  • reviewed: Bug 1067173 - The page with Tiles is not rendered correctly
  • reviewed: Bug 1070620 - Render newtab page grid and sites in a single step using a DocumentFragment
  • feedback'ed: Bug 1063542 - De-duplicate any entries from the autocomplete popup that differ only by purpose parameter for the default search engine
  • investigated: Bug 1060675 - SearchBar formhistory drop down only shows 7 items and no vertical scrollbar in Nightly34.0a1 and Aurora33.0a2
  • investigated: Bug 1066707 - Intermittent browser_sanitizeDialog.js | history visit http://0-minutes-ago.com/ should no longer exist - Got true, expected false followed by many more like it
  • investigated, for bug 1041743: Bug 530209 - Prefs UI for what to suggest in location bar isn't friendly to additional items/combination
  • went through all the bugs marked as regressions from the search suggestion bug 612453 and bug 1007979
  • discussion about upcoming about:newtab performance work week
  • interns

negge@dgql.org today

Done:

Worked on daala intra prediction techniques in codec.git (results here: http://people.xiph.org/~unlord/intra/)

  • Added VP8 style spatial domain intra prediction (using bottom left when available)
  • Added H/V "unlapped" modes
  • Added AC copy from 9 neighboring blocks (using bottom left when available)

Reviewed:

Attended VDD 2014 and helped people hack on daala.

Next:

Continue on codec.git

  • Encode mode information for fair comparisons
  • Add Haar DC encoding for comparison
  • Retrain freq. domain intra prediction modes w/o DC and add to test

In daala

  • Remove coding of information outside frame (add decoder assumptions RE haar and lapping)
  • Add "unlapped" H and V modes to intra prediction

irving@mozilla.com today

Done:

  • Investigate add-on JS loading perf
  • Final clean up, try and land bug 1049142 (don't scan disabled add-ons)
  • Land bug 1064480, bug 1059620
  • Much messing with profilers, wrote a prototype "butterfly chart" generator for Gecko Profiler output
  • experiments with baseline JIT warmup count
  • Found & filed bug 1070036 (OpenH264 provider startup failures on Linux) from add-on manager exception telemetry
  • mentor/review/land bug 1063561

Next:

More start up profiling, next quarter goals

rvitillo@mozilla.com today

Done:

  • Wrote a robust regression detector for iacomus based dashboards (https://github.com/vitillo/iacomus-alerts/blob/master/src/iacomus_alerts/core.clj)
  • Started collecting alerts for the mainthread-io and add-on startup scan time dashboard
  • Added boxplots to medusa
  • Rewrote the main-thread IO job to use build-ids and iacomus' data format
  • Updated links to dashboards in telemetry.mozilla.org
  • Moved my mozilla-related github repositories (medusa, cerberus, iacomus, energia) under the mozilla umbrella

Next:

  • Deploy the alerting toolbox on AWS
  • Fix some smaller bugs I found in medusa & iacomus
  • Write a blogpost about the alerting toolbox

Coordination:

  • Waiting for a AWS machine from mreid

aklotz@mozilla.com today

Done:

  • Async plugin init: worked on greening reftests
  • Reftests/Crashtests with debugger enabled wasn't working properly and was impairing my work: filed bug 1070042, fixed, landed
  • Vladan 1:1
  • bug 1070755: filed, wrote, r?
  • Perf testing meeting
  • bug 1068650: Investigated, determined not to be a blocker for releasing profile unlocker
  • bug 1068657: Unable to reproduce so far

Next:

  • Async plugin init greening

lhansen@mozilla.com today

Done:

  • SharedArrayBuffer and SharedTypedArray (bug 1054882): Landed, including several followup issues
  • ARM simulator: atomic instructions and some others (bug 1071024)
  • Atomics and locks (bug 979594): In first round of reviews

Next:

  • Atomics and locks (bug 979594): further development

dgohman@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Attended IDF sessions
  • Mostly caught up on email and patch review
  • JS-SIMD work of various kinds. min/max semantics, shuffle codegen investigation, support for select in Emscripten, patch review, and keeping up with the "union versus intersection" debates
  • Landed the GVN+UCE unification patch (bug 1029830)
  • Wrote up a mock-up pattern-matching API for IonMonkey (bug 1067484)
  • Discussed the meaning of NaN with Prof. Kahan.

Next:

  • More JS-SIMD work: more shuffle API and codegen work, more patch review, and we need to start focusing on int8x16 and int16x8.
  • Figure out what the next steps are for the correctly-rounded math project.
  • Investigate the possibility of doing jump-threading in IonMonkey to undo Emscripten's label variables
  • Hopefully start back in on register allocation

jwalden@mit.edu yesterday

Done:

Patchwork, bugfixing:

  • landed comment tweak to PromiseFlatString docs (bug 1065774), function argument syntax error message improvements (bug 1041426)
  • long, long, long time dealing with %TypedArray% rebasing through shared typed array changes; aaaugh I needed to finish/land my stuff earlier :-( (bug 896116)
  • also implemented %TypedArray% stuff atop reformulated dependent class system, and switched errors from one class to many within that system (still bug 896116)

Reviews:

  • better syntax error messages for issues near/in function arguments (bug 1041426)
  • implement @@iterator as a symbol (bug 918828)
  • security bug (bug 917918)
  • shared array invalid indexing into possibly-not-provided arguments (bug 1068451); also later reviewed a test
  • shared array length-handling mistake (bug 1068458)
  • more TDZ followup test-fixes (bug 1068668)
  • remove MOZ_ASSUME_UNREACHABLE (wrongly, I think, but not worth fighting it, people are just going to keep claiming assertions are "safe"ish when they don't use the marker anyway, so why bother) (bug 990764)

Other: * some newsgroup commenting on TDZ fallout

Next:

  • get to that patchwork for the efaust/bholley security concern
  • land %TypedArray% (bug 896116)
  • combinatorically exhaustive .caller tests (bug 1057208)
  • update update-test262.sh to pull from github (and work at all again)
  • ongoing global-let scoping work assistance (bug 589199)
  • finish up arrow-funcction arguments work (bug 889158)
  • realloc semantics discussions followup (bug 1035001, bug 1035002)
  • arguments object sealing stuff (bug 937922)
  • eliminate an in-source comment pointing to bug 934889 as still needing a fix (it no longer does)
  • review queue
  • Intl blog post
  • move style checking into the build (bug 1063728) (landed but backed out for various inanities, sigh)
  • tinyid/shortid stuff that busted Windows (bug 985687)
  • ES6 environment introduction into the JSAPI
  • follow up on Intl semantics questions and what the default locale should be considered to be (bug 999003)

Coordination:

  • various bits of stuff required to land %TypedArray%

sphink@gmail.com yesterday

Done:

  • Uncovered missed unsafe reference hazard
  • Cleared out my needinfo queue a little
  • Dug into some topcrashes and b2g blockers
  • Reviews * ubi::Node, ubi::String * Storebuffer size on b2g ** ArrayBufferView trace hook

Next:

  • Finish fixing up ArrayBuffer internal pointers, bug 1061288
  • Fix the analysis bugs
  • Enable GGC on Fennec (waiting for an open tree)
  • Figure out the refillFreeLists perf bug

gwatson@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

Next:

  • Investigate and fix some float bugs.
  • Find and fix some layout issues on wikipedia, github, cnn.
  • Investigate performance of font cache.

erahm@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Landed bug 1060161 - ProcessGlobal should append stack traces to console messages
  • Bug 1060171 - logcat entries from console logging should use proper log level
    • Learned about registering xpcom interfaces, duck-typed xpcom JS objects, OOP for JS, did a bunch of performance testing to determine which approach was most efficient on device
    • Final review pending from a gaia/b2g person
  • Bug 1069490 - Add column number to ConsoleEvent, ConsoleStackEntry, nsIStackFrame
    • Added new attribute to webidl console interfaces and xpcom interfaces, glued it all together
    • Spent some time trying to figure out why certain tests were broken, learned how to run those tests standalone, determined the test was testing the wrong thing
  • Helped out on bug 1051633, provided patch for partners that allows DMD to run again
  • Did performance testing of console.log on chrome to see how we fare, Fx is much faster, this should help with getting console logging adopted in gaia (bug 1066581 comment 3)
  • Bug 1058851 - Add DMD option to |mach run|
    • Reworked to use '--params', shared parsing logic w/ run
    • Pending review from a mach person

Next:

  • Bug 1071192 - Add column number to logcat console output
  • Break out smaller bugs for one true logger. Start w/ stream interface to PR_LOG, update PR_LOG to support modifying log levels at run time, add FIFO/Signal watcher to trigger log level updates
  • Coverity

Coordination:

  • Waiting for agal to weigh in on console log performance

banderson@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

Next:

  • rust-capnproto perf investigation...
  • windows automation and bugs
  • hellgating and release channel automation
  • meetup planning
  • aws haggling

Coordination:

  • Windows automation bugs blocking moving on to release channel automation

jgruen@mozilla.com yesterday

Next:

FxA Avatars Implement gaming snippets Consistency audit for FxA on Android

randersen@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • met with Anthony about iOS. We're stoked!
  • N2R
  • Began filing of bugs for Menu re-org

Next:

  • Finish filing bugs for Menu re-org
  • N2R
  • iOS

Coordination:

We might just have to purchase an iPhone 6, for...you know, research. (not really blocking)

shorlander@mozilla.com yesterday

Bugs:

Bug 1064257 - [UX] Unify and improve behavior of doorhanger dialogs (In Progress)

Done:

  • Panel Stuff
  • DevTools things
  • SVG Magic

josh@joshmatthews.net yesterday

Done:

  • Rebased and landed devtools
  • Swapped out innerHTML student project for evaluating replacing C libraries
  • Rebase SM upgrade
  • Implemented basic HTMLElement.style getter and setter support
  • Reviews
  • Futzed with failing tests for NavigationController after attempting to address feedback

Next:

  • Fine-tune NCSU projects
  • Push hard on NavigationController
  • Make use of return address intrinsic for more ergonomic SpiderMonkey APIs
  • Put together a comprehensive HTMLElement.style testsuite

sfranks@mozilla.com yesterday

Bugs:

Bug 1065313 - [UX] Design for editing panel for tiles on about:newtab (In Progress)
Bug 1066739 - [UX] Revision - Mockup for selected search engine prompt (In Review)

Done:

  • Bug 1066739: [UX] Revision - Mockup for selected search engine prompt
  • Mentored UX at Hack The North! It was awesome!
  • Growth Team support
  • EME doc revisions
  • Translation promotion mechanisms

Next:

  • EME edits & support
  • Picked up Bug 1065313 - [UX] Design for editing panel for tiles on about:newtab

alam@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Tablet's UI (bug 1060413, bug 1058909)
  • Firefox Search on mobile V1
  • Toolbar updates with Lucas (bug 1052004)
  • Firefox Beta channel for Roku store
  • Android product page coordination

Next:

  • Continue with Tablet's V1
  • Wrap up Firefox Search V1 things
  • Wrap up Toolbar V1 updates
  • Cleaning up Search suggestions UI (split off from bug 909536)
  • Start on Panels UI clean up (bug 1063058)
  • iOS brainstorming/ coordination (hellz yeah)

wselman@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

*Finish Report for Sponsored Tiles Research Study *Write presentation for Sponsored Tiles Research Study *Compile videos for Sponsored Tiles Research Study

Next:

*Bug #1061755 Work with Blake and Philipp on Search testing prioritization and planning *Presentations for Sponsored Tiles Research Study

cgaebel@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

Code review pcwalton's bloom filter update to match gecko Fixed #3386 - Stale bloom filters being picked up in the next layout iteration. Improved profiling buckets, to keep track of iframe/incremental layout/url Started hacking up incremental layout, to get it in fighting shape.

Next:

Incremental layout

mmaslaney@mozilla.com yesterday

Bugs:

Bug 913651 - UX for the e10s "tab crashed" page on Desktop (In Progress)

Done:

Bug 1037162 - [UX] Improve design for screen and device sharing permissions

Next:

Bug 913651 - UX for the e10s "tab crashed" page on Desktop • Review – Bug 989469 - Use InContent prefs styling for add-on manager • Style Guide work • Yosemite with engineering

jack@metajack.im yesterday

Done:

  • CTO presentation

Next:

  • Servo CI
  • Daala planning
  • Interviews

athornburgh@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

Tiles - UI Cleanup • What is this page? now a dedicated link • New "pinned tile" indicator • Improved legibility of text elements UP - Refining the dashboard • New Summary and Table View updates provided S2W (aka "Firefox X") - slow but steady progress • Lot of meetings necessary to finalize UI • Reviewed preliminary designs

Next:

Tiles - 2015 Planning UP - Final UI nits, style guides S2W - Full UI design starts this week (finally)

dhenein@mozilla.com yesterday

Bugs:

Bug 1065316 - [UX] Design Spike: In-browser collaboration. (In Progress)
Bug 1068021 - [UX] Design Spec for Rooms based on exploration (In Review)

Done:

Next:

  • continue expanding the Collaboration research and exploration

gpetrie@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Wrote Subscribe to the Web (S2W) RFP
  • Contacted potential research partners for S2W work
  • On-boarding with Madhava
  • Provided feedback on:
    • Tiles presentation and report
    • Carla's research plan for internal perceived obstacles for UR
    • Stephany Wilkes' ESL diary study approach

  • Attended half-day workshop by Indi Young on "Practical Empathy"
  • Wrote up learnings/themes from EPIC & Practical Empathy workshop and met with Bill and Lindsay to share: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/15OvbSibvhPOM1svY4Q5OaXaVt2pFtPMuWlO9gPFyh3Y/edit?usp=sharing

Next:

  • Modify/condense India research presentation for Rick Fant
  • Present India research findings to Rick Fant
  • Draft final India research posts for UX blog
  • Wrap-up commitment to:
    • Jennie Rose Halpern for the Foundation contributor research (incl. Reviewing target participants, survey materials, analysis approach, etc.)
    • Stephany Wilkes on ESL diary study (incl. Advice on screener, potential partners, etc.)

  • Talk to Bill & Matt Grimes on how to make user research more discoverable
  • Talk to Yuan about Fennec research

lbergstrom@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Submitted Linux Journal Article
  • Meetings prepping for CTO meeting
  • Follow-ups on post-1.0 unsafe formalization; concurrency extentions; etc.
  • Brief meeting on libgreen removal plan
  • Started in on some different builder automation
  • Code reviews

Next:

  • Builder automation work
  • Create android builder
  • Keep pushing on Rust post-1.0 Servo-targeted work

mverdi@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Pass at new stub installer content + talked to Holly about making it work with the tour
  • Some progress on refresh strings
  • Update testing
  • Finalized stub installer fallback page experiment - should happen this week

Next:

  • More stub installer ideas
  • Finalize refresh strings
  • I'll be in the SF office Tuesday afternoon
  • Tribe - Wed & Thurs; traveling Friday

Coordination:

  • Will need someone to review reset work

bwinton@mozilla.com yesterday

Bugs:

Bug 1066610 - [svg-magic] Implement manifest reader. (In Progress)
Bug 1066628 - [svg-magic] Figure out what to do on hover. (In Progress)

Done:

Next:

  • SVG Magic
    • Get the hover stuff working.
    • Re-run the test with shorlander, and fix the rest of the bugs.

acrichton@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Cargo

    • Stopped capturing output of all dependencies.
    • Got win64 snapshots building
    • Added a manpage
    • Landed the initial registry implementation
    • Passed more env vars to build cmds
    • Implemented cargo fetch
  • Rust

    • Landed vec stabilization
    • CentOS builders set up and in production for rust/cargo

Next:

  • Implement and land cargo pkgid implementation
  • Expand pkgid to remaining subcommands
  • Implement cargo update --rev for servo
  • Work with Yehuda on reviewing the registry
  • Work with Yehuda on his native libraries proposal

avihpit@yahoo.com yesterday

Done:

  • Bug 1063324 (short term solution for datazilla viewer) - kyle suggested earlier data on his system, I accepted (and waiting), discussed with joel over irc - the plan is to wait with dzAlerts until tree herder is useable as target for dzAlerts detection links (i.e. no further work will go into kyle's viewer).
  • Bug 1066934, bug 401213 (skinned scrollbars resize with the page, disappear on fx32). feedback, suggested the connection to mstange on IRC.
  • Bug 659736 (No way to add security exception) possibly different symptom of the same issue appears, feedback.
  • Bug 1022818 (SSOM scroll bug) ping.
  • Bug 1050706 (talos e10s) - feedback.
  • Bug 1059558 (page load over 1s) - discussions with benwa, feedback.
  • Bug 1068384 (wrong panel displayed for about dialog), added another related symptom.
  • Implemented fully compliant Promise/A+.
  • Bug 686201 (add support for setImmediate API) - feedback + simplified implementation.

mrobinson@igalia.com yesterday

Done:

  • Landed iframes patch.
  • Posted a patch for iframes spilling over from their boundaries, but zwarich suggested reworking it.
  • The new approach really requires having better iframe scrolling support, so started working on that.

Next:

  • Finish and post iframe scrolling patches related to it.
  • Post iframe background color support patch.
  • Post iframe clipping patch.

nicolas.b.pierron@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • B2G:

    • Move FxOS Aurora slaves to 2.1
    • Benchmarks are now started with the RocketBar instead of the browser app. (2014-09-18)
  • Ion:

Next:

  • B2G:

    • Update Octane benchmark
    • Reuse phones checking for Generational-GC to check for Compacting-GC, now that GGC is enabled by default on B2G.
  • Ion:

    • Bug 1062869, Bug 1067489, Bug 1064358: Fix and land these patches.
    • Bug 1069307: Enable Scalar replacement by default.
    • no bug yet: recover lambda on bailouts.
    • no bug yet: recover function environment on bailouts.
    • no bug yet: use scalar replacement to get rid of scope chain allocations.

bbouvier@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • SIMD
    • bug 1067502: be less coercive for Float32x4 constructors + refactor coercions in asm.js
    • bug 1068331: investigated Mandelbrot crash and found out it was due to a misuse of regalloc. We really need doc about regalloc. Started work on embedding Mandelbrot in the test suite to avoid this kind of crashes (bug 1068725)
    • bug 1025100: with{X,Y,Z,W} operators + Odin support + int32x4.withFlag{X, Y, Z, W} MIR gen.
    • bug 1043337 : min/max operators + Odin support in bug 1068096
    • bug 1067373: add a case of GVN folding for SIMD constructors
    • mentoring, interpreter: bug 1031203 (add Float64x2); test cases : bug 1063946
  • build warning in bug 1054882
  • lots of landings from bugs finished last week

Next:

  • bug 1069956, from / fromBits SIMD operators
  • remaining SIMD operators

nfroyd@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Reviewed bug 1067699, mfbt/JSONWriter.h.
  • Reviewed bug 1063318, bug 1062533, converting ipc/* stuff to use standard Gecko things.
  • Reviewed bug 1044020, collecting information on shutdown phase durations.
  • Reviewed bug 970307, idleness tracking for threads when dealing with Nuwa.
  • Shuddered and sort-of-reviewed bug 1045967, build WebRTC as a standalone library.
  • Talked with Eric/reviewed bug 1060171, giving console messages logging levels for logcat.
  • Other miscellaneous XPCOM reviews.
  • Landed TEST_HARNESS_FILES patch, bug 976733. People seemed happy about this.
  • Landed some other QoLife improvements to the build system.
  • Wrote patches for a problem that the addon-sdk conversion showed up, bug 1069682.
  • Rewrote rr's syscall database to use Python instead of CPP macros.
  • Landed rr patches to add x86-64 networking syscall definitions.
  • Landed patches that fixed bad interactions between the last two sets of patches.
  • Floundered around with bug 844196, making Breakpad interact nicely with the JS JIT on Win64. Might have something useful, finally.
  • MemShrink meeting.
  • 1:1 with Nick. Highly recommend dogfooding WebRTC for your 1:1s.

Next:

  • rr register bits
  • reviews
  • possible build system improvements

philipp@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Finish up tracking protection prefs
  • Begin Loop review
  • Create preliminary spec for < select > elements
    • Michael, I'll ping you for some feedback on that soon
  • Clear my request queue which has been piling up for a few weeks

Next:

jcoppeard@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

  • Worked on compacting GC (bug 650161)
    • Landed the first part of browser integration to update wrapper cache pointers
    • Working on XPConnect integration
    • Still test failures, especially around IPC
  • Unified the cell forwarding mechanism between generataional and compacting GC (bug 1069655)
  • Added a per-compartment option to perserve JIT code in non-shrinking GCs (bug 1068697)

Next:

  • Continue working on compacting GC

nnethercote@mozilla.com yesterday

Done:

Landed:

  • Add mfbt/JSONWriter.h and use it for memory reporting (bug 1067699). A big DMD+JSON precursor.
  • Fix an assertion failure in the System memory reporter (bug 1067711).
  • Filter diff-breaking info from memory reports in a more rigorous fashion (bug 1059612).

Other: Found an obscure file descriptor leak in libcanberra (bug 1066453).

Next:

  • Finish DMD+JSON. It's looking good. Then remove trace-malloc
  • Make the Valgrind test job work with e10s enabled (bug 1069695).

Coordination:

Still waiting for dbaron's reviews in bug 1062709.

ywang@mozilla.com 2 days ago

Done:

Next:

Coordination:

  • (To be scheduled)Talk to Matej and Anthony about "Get started" copy and visuals
  • (To be scheduled)Follow up with Arcadio on lightweight onboarding
  • Talk to Gemma about research on Fennec
  • Start a conversation with desktop FX on reader mode + reading list

ncameron@mozilla.com 2 days ago

Done:

Next:

  • slicing follow ups
  • move issues from Rust to RFCs repo
  • a whole bunch of RFCs - coercions, DST coercions, trait objects, borrow operator, inheritance

Coordination:

probably going to have to take some PTO this week to move house

bmcbride@mozilla.com 2 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1065191 - Add test coverage for the style property of places autocomplete results (Not Started)
Bug 1067888 - Add autocomplete result type for searching via current search engine (In Review)
Bug 1067896 - Add autocomplete result type for searching via alias of a search engine (In Review)
Bug 1067899 - Add autocomplete result type for arbitrary URLs (In Review)
Bug 1067903 - Autoselect first autocomplete result when it's guaranteed to be a special result (In Progress)

Done:

  • Much PTO :(
  • Reviews
    • Bug 1061360 - Add support for using complex values (such as localized strings) in Preferences.jsm
    • Bug 1059620 - Convert XPIProvider to use Preferences.jsm
    • Bug 1063115 - grey out text for mixed content and tracking protection if the corresponding type has been disabled
    • Bug 1043805 - Blocked content doorhanger should show a large red shield when both types of protection are disabled
    • Bug 1043805 - Blocked content doorhanger should show a large red shield when both types of protection are disabled
    • Bug 1049142 - Don't scan unpacked add-on files when the add-on is disabled
    • Bug 1063698 - Add action to UITour.jsm for opening the Reset Firefox dialog
  • Needinfo
    • Bug 1039028 - Provide info when "Show More Information" is selected for the OpenH264 plugin in the addon manager
  • Done & Landed
    • Bug 1065303 - Prepare autocomplete.xml/UnifiedComplete for adding new special result types and heuristics
    • Bug 1065265 - Improve infrastructure dealing with moz-action: autocomplete result
    • Bug 1064130 - Improve handling of a11y labels for autocomplete results
    • Bug 1066358 - Improve how keyword autocomplete results are displayed

Next:

Coordination:

  • Reviews for autocomplete work

manishearth@gmail.com 2 days ago

Done:

  • Transmute lint
  • unrooted_must_root lint
  • restructure of plugins crate

Next:

  • JSTraceable (work started)

gfritzsche@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Bugs:

Bug 1036693 - Plugin Whitelist Request: Novell iPrint Client (2 plugins) (Not Started)
Bug 1051772 - plugin whitelist request: Cisco VGConnect plugin (Not Started)
Bug 1064333 - Add stable user id to telemetry ping (In Review)
Bug 1067989 - Unify some more binary search uses (In Review)

Done:

  • telemetry stable user id
  • stuff

Next:

  • bug 917918 cleanup
  • plugin whitelist bugs
  • maybe check into telemetry unification phase 2 a bit

shu@mozilla.com 6 days ago

Done:

  • Landed TDZ (bug 1001090).
  • Discussed implementation strategy of JIT coach infrastructure with Kannan.

Next:

  • Wait for reviews on the Debugger-go-faster patches.
  • MIT career fair.

bhackett@mozilla.com 6 days ago

Done:

  • Landed new script properties analysis (bug 1041688)
  • Finished up inlining global variable values (bug 894596)
  • Wrote patch to improve view list handling for array buffers (bug 1061404)
  • Various discussions, mostly with Luke, about the plan for optimizing typed object memory usage
  • Landed improved optimization of RegExps used in .test() calls (bug 1055402)
  • Started on inlining RegExp.exec and .test (bug 1066828)

Next:

simon.sapin@exyr.org 6 days ago

Next:

  • Servo: CSS Writing Mode bug fixes

amccreight@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Bug 1035454 - Investigating where we can exit(0) on B2G to prevent a crash, to move this bug forward.
  • Bug 1067664 - Allow different leak thresholds for different types of processes
  • Tried and failed to run B2G emulator mochitests locally.
  • Bug 1066212 - Disable dom/audiochannel/tests/test_telephonyPolicy.html on Android.
  • Bug 1067505 - The UnregisterWeakMemoryReporter() call in ~nsCategoryManager always fails.
  • Bug 1067547 - XRE_InitChildProcess calls profiler_init() before NS_LogInit()
  • Bug 1067585 - ISurfaceAllocator should use MOZ_COUNT_CTOR/DTOR infrastructure to track mUsedShmems leaks
  • Bug 1067633 - ContentChild::QuickExit() should not gently fail in debug builds
  • Bug 1067958 - This new intermittent B2G leak exposed a host of problems:
  • bug 1068285 - sometimes we have multiple default processes
  • bug 1068280 - if a bloat log shadows another, we ignore the first one, sort of
  • bug 1068276 - should fail when default or plugin process does not report leaks
  • bug 1068268 - B2G M5 APZC leak
  • bug 1068289 - per test chunk leak thresholds would be nice

Next:

  • more work to detect regressions in leak testing, and trying to move forward again with content process leak checking

tterriberry@mozilla.com last week

Done:

Reviews: 443, 444, 445, 448, 450, 451, 453, 454, 455, 457, 458

Patches: 439, 440, 441, 442

Next:

VideoLan Dev Days

Coordination:

Travelling most of Sep. 17th/22nd, on Western European Time Sep. 18th-22nd.

mbrubeck@mozilla.com last week

Done:

Fixed several Servo bugs that prevented display of the logo on www.wikipedia.org:

  • Implemented complete background-position level 2 syntax (#1997).
  • Implemented percent height for block layout (#2029).
  • Implemented synchronous in-order stylesheet loading (#3346).

Also fixed a bunch of upstream Cargo bugs and mach bugs/features [https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.servo/JaMwpECi1Q0/f_bouoLcSf8J].

Next:

  • Additional fixes for style/script loading (#976, #3356).
  • Work on Android/embedding refactoring.
  • Write blog post on block layout.
  • Meeting with Gecko PM about touch/pointer event work.

jdemooij@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Fix some perf issues with JS in addons/chrome code (bug 1064777, bug 916464, bug 911570). Should now run about as fast as content JS in most cases.
  • Worked on refactoring bytecode emitted for for-in to fix some long-standing issues (bug 831585, some cleanup patches in bug 1066197). This should also improve performance and is simpler. Patch is waiting for review.
  • Fixed a bunch of annoying (for the fuzzers) fuzz bugs (bug 932284, bug 1054243), discussed various fuzzing problems with decoder and gkw.
  • Various minor bug fixes and cleanup (bug 1063253, bug 1060283, bug 1057598)
  • Reviews

Next:

  • More iterator cleanup/perf improvements.

kmcallister@mozilla.com last week

Done:

html5ever: Rust upgrade and Travis fixes

string-cache: various enhancements

Rust:

  • Fixed the FFI type warning and some bugs uncovered
  • Eliminated the need to re-borrow ExtCtxt in quotes
  • Added support for LLVM optimization remarks
  • Started on a compiler plugin guide
  • Open PRs: unreachable intrinsic, -C no-stack-check, #![no_std] syntax extensions
  • Prototyped codegen plugins
  • Prototyped C++ / Rust str interop

Next:

  • Land Rust PRs
  • Land html5ever after Servo Rust upgrade
  • Work on Servo Rust upgrade?
  • HTML fragment case parsing

Coordination:

Rust upgrade

kvijayan@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • Rewrote new-style profiling instrumentation (bug 1057082) from poorly-coded prototype to using tighter x86-64 instructions to measure performance.

  • Landed path for bug 1057082 fixing comparisons between JitcodeMapEntries.

  • Started working on integrating new-style profiling with profiler sampler, but ran into more issues with properly determining last-frame information when sampler can interrupt anywhere. Talked in depth with Luke and Shu about it, as well as in meetings involving more people.

  • Started working on resolving issues above.

Next:

More work on resolving the issues found with getting last-frame info working with a sampling profiler.

rfeeley@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • FxA marketplace integration
  • Synced tabs support

Next:

  • Password manager exploration with Cheng Wang via saved passwords
  • FxA activity notifications
  • FxA profile information
  • FxA identity sharing service (e.g. Marketplace)

Ms2ger@gmail.com last week

Done:

Next:

Vacation until 2014-09-20, then school.

Coordination:

Servo build issues with glfw; hoping they're solved when I get back.

bobbyholley@gmail.com last week

Done:

  • landed: bug 1053725 - local (file://) link whitelisting should apply to subdomains
  • landed: bug 1064550 - Stop eating exceptions with a special JSErrorReporter in nsXPCWrappedJSClass::CallMethod
  • landed: bug 1062077 - Unify xpc::SystemErrorReporter and NS_ScriptErrorReporter
  • landed: bug 1064437 - Remove Proxy special-case in ForceCOWBehavior
  • landed: bug 981198 - Move JSErrorReporter to the JSRuntime
  • bug 1052096 - Hoist CPOWs into the junk scopes of each process
  • bug 1030420 - Enable dom.compartment_per_addon by default on nightly
  • bug 1065185 - Stop automatically allowed indexed and .length access on COWed arrays
  • landed: bug 1065238 - Re-enable test_cpows.xul on mac
  • bug 1065452 - Redirect errors that reach addon scope globals to their appropriate DOM window (if any)
  • bug 1065811 - CPOWs ignore Xrays waivers
  • bug 1066340 - Errors thrown from message manager callbacks don't trigger window.onerror

hverschore@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • IonMonkey: Fold strict (not) equal on constant numbers (bug 1064251)
  • Talked about exposing script traces using TraceLogger (bug 1065722)
  • Investigated issue with richards taking longer if not followed by e-b. I'll follow-up this when I'm back. (GC and lazy IM init are the current thoughts)
  • Tried to land lazy linking again. Had some ARM failures so need to investigate further (bug 1047346)
  • Some polish of useCount to warmupCounter change (bug 1063816)
  • Land the improvement to filter types at branches, with some fallout. Investigated and fixed issue. Has now landed. Thanks Sushant! (bug 1034184)
  • Noticed an easy 10% improvement for raytrace (bug 1064537 and bug 1064537) and took care of bug 1064537.
  • lot of reviews

Next:

  • PTO for a week
  • Back to windows performance work.
  • Do initial work for using tracelogger for script traces (bug 1065722)
  • Implement RToDouble Recover Instruction (bug 1062888)

jseward@acm.org last week

Done:

Much V 3.10.0 releng stuff:

Memcheck cleanliness of Gecko

  • finally wrote a bit of scriptery that allows reliable, unattended runs of mochi on V. Takes about 11 cpu hours for 674k tests. Should have done this long ago.
  • bug 1058212, bug 1058252: fixed
  • bug 1064320: investigate
  • bug 1064966: Initialize AudioCallbackDriver::mIterationDurationMS: fixed
  • bug 1065130: nsFtpState::mDoomCache is used uninitialised: in progress
  • bug 1065310: nsHtml5TreeBuilder::contextName is used uninitialised: in progress
  • In the past few weeks, I've found 14 uninitialised value bugs and most of them are now fixed. When they are all fixed, I think mochitests-plain will be Memcheck clean, at least on 64-bit Linux. Possibly for the first time since Firefox 4.

Next:

  • away 14-24 sept
  • after that, continue w/ Memchecking Gecko, with emphasis on e10s
  • continue with Valgrinding support for B2G on Flame

czwarich@mozilla.com last week

Done:

(Long time since the last update)

  • Did more work on nonlexical borrow scopes, leading to a general definition of borrow scope that is hopefully both correct and possible to use to compute the meet/join of regions.
  • Did more graphics work in Servo.
  • Tried to deal with the fallout of the libgreen removal in Servo, although no real consensus was reached as to what to do.
  • Read a lot of static analysis papers.

Next:

  • Going to get back into more Servo graphics work.
  • Try to push the nonlexical borrow scopes stuff along, although it all depends on a large patch of pcwalton's that is not yet reviewed.
  • Try to make sense of all of the various proposals for struct inheritance.

spohl@mozilla.com last week

Done:

  • bug 1046306 and dependent bugs: [tracking bug] make necessary changes to OS X builds/signing to support 10.9.5 - Wrote patches for all the necessary changes in Firefox, Webapps Runtime, plugin-container, crashreporter. Isolated and fixed nearly all remaining test failures. Once these are fixed and try turns green, I will start requesting reviews for all the patches. This may happen as early as today or tomorrow.

Next:

  • bug 1046306 and dependent bugs: [tracking bug] make necessary changes to OS X builds/signing to support 10.9.5
  • bug 1027651: Fix comment for XRE_UPDATE_ROOT_DIR
  • bug 1000473: Nightly is called "Updated" in OS X Notifications
  • bug 983728: Add signing for firefox and org.mozilla.updater binaries on OSX
  • bug 394984: Unable to update on mac if admin user is not the same admin user as the person who installed firefox
  • bug 1035274: Update tests to make them aware of OSX overlay scrollbars
  • bug 1040338: Perform updates in place on OSX and remove the need for an "Updated.app" sub-directory
  • bug 839061: Stub installer fails to download through a proxy
  • bug 301451: Gecko doesn't support Cmd-Ctrl-D lookup in Mac OS X Dictionary.app (needs to implement NSTextInput protocol)
  • bug 991993: Disable NSS for updater in OSX and enable native APIs
  • bug 991997: x64 Windows should not try to verify MAR files until MARs are signed on that platform.
  • Investigate performance regressions due to swipe animations (currently tracked in bug 860493 and bug 936062).
  • bug 933389: For swipe snapshots, consider getting the snapshots from the window server using the private API CGSCaptureWindowsContentsToRectWithOptions
  • bug 939242: Contents of a previously closed tab is temporarily rendered when opening a new link from another application
  • bug 952613: Unsetting the ui.useOverlayScrollbars preference has no effect
  • bug 881964: Mac 'Back' gesture animation fails on www.dn.se
  • bug 939250: Swipe animation's event handler is too sensitive
  • bug 936332: Overscroll image on OS X is a different size than actual page when page is zoomed in/out
  • bug 942589: Swipe does not show previous site during animation
  • bug 942595: Don't do history swipe animation for history.pushState and anchor jump links
  • bug 942558: Vertical scroll in new Google Maps causes bounce instead of zoom in/out
  • bug 945296: Scrolling to left and right in the tab bar sometimes triggers the back/forward swipe gesture
  • bug 836456: [10.7] Trigger page to bounce with momentum scroll events
  • bug 946469: Scroll bars are not in overscroll area on OS X 10.9
  • bug 939480: Bounce behavior should use css TranslateY instead of screenshot
  • bug 946571: Some select drop downs have no indication that they can scroll
  • bug 940090: Upscaled snapshot is visible for a brief moment when you start a swipe gesture

tschneidereit@mozilla.com 2 weeks ago

Done:

  • SpiderMonkey
    • Reviews of TypedArray/ SharedTypedArray split (bug 1054882)
    • Further attempts at debugging bug 1005306. I can reproduce, but at the point where the crash happens, I don't really have useful information for the cause. Will probably try rr next.
  • Shumway
    • Implemented AS3 SWF loading APIs
    • Lots of work on AS1/2 SWF loading APIs. Requires heavy refactoring to how we handle contexts for AVM1
    • Work on roadmap to 1.0

Next:

  • SpiderMonkey
    • Finally fix bug 1005306, hopefully, if rr lends me enough of a hand
  • Shumway
    • Land implementation of AVM1 SWF loading APIs
    • Further roadmap work
  • Other
    • Perhaps attend JSConf.eu